We booked our stay at the lC Tahiti 5 months prior to our trip and, after reading previous reviews of this hotel, my wife and I were terrified on what to expect… Well, we are happy to report that we were pleasantly surprised by the IC Tahiti!
I am really not sure where other people’s terrible reviews come from, but our Panoramic room was comfortable and clean, the grounds of the hotel were beautiful and well kept, the food was good, the workout room was the best we saw in all FP, the view from the hotel was gorgeous and the service was good (especially by the very lax FP standards). After staying in 3 different hotels in Papeete during the last few years, I honestly think this is probably the best hotel the island of Tahiti has to offer.
Perhaps people should stop judging this hotel by five star standards, which is not, and should also try to overlook some of the “commercialized, cheesy” aspects of it as most other hotels in this island are also focused on selling you the tourist idea of FP. This hotel is what it is (a great stop over hotel while in your way to other FP islands), but I would probably not make the 10 hour trip down here to make it my final destination.
Hope this helps! Good travels
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort has a total of 253 rooms and bungalows, comprising 172 fully renovated garden and lagoon view rooms, a separate wing with 60 panoramic view rooms for the top achievers and VIPs, a suite, and 32 over-water bungalows. All units are air-conditioned, with international facilities and amenities. Located in 32 acres of gardens, the Polynesian style resort offers views of unforgettable sunsets and volcanic peaks of the sister island Moorea, just 12 miles across the sea of moons. The resort offers 2 restaurants including gourmet over water restaurant and an all day dining restaurant featuring the best Tahitian shows on the island, 2 bars, 2 crystal clear, fresh Water overflow swimming pools, and a host of activities to entertain just about everyone. The property features an activity center including tennis, water sports and the largest scuba-diving center Special mention about the huge lagoonarium where guests can swim in a protected area and enjoy Polynesian exceptional sea-life. The Deep Nature Spa by Algotherm is open since the end of 2008" is also equipped with a great gym ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort Tahiti Hotel Faa`a
- Intercontinental Hotel Tahiti
- Intercontinental Hotel Faaa
- Beachcomber Resort Tahiti
- InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa French Polynesia