“Happy divers”

Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Happy divers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I took my 13 year old for her first SCUBA experience. Nico, our divemaster, was a warm, friendly, and funny guy. He gave my daughter the basics, then took us on a scenic dive, maxing out at 15 to 20 feet. I'm an experiencd diver, and nonetheless, I enjoyed this excursion, featuring beautiful and varied fish and other coral life. He managed my daughter's buoyancy and monitored her remaining air. He gave her a great experience, so much so that her 11 year old sister decided to give it a try two days later.

Unfortunately (I should have known better!), once my two daughters and I were suited up, on the boat, and ready to go, the manager came out to ask us when we were leaving... and as I reported that we were flying out that night, I realized why she was asking... no flying for 24 hours after diving. Now with the one dive and the shallow depth, I'm sure we would have been fine, but certainly didn't want to teach my daughters on their first dive experience to bend the rules of dive safety.

So the manager gave us a full refund and a ride back to our hotel. She was very friendly and accommodating about the whole business.

All in all, a fantastic experience for my first-time diver, and the very best customer service. I highly recommend this business.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jim G

• Korean first
Upplands Väsby
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun Diving at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We dived with Topdive eleven times on different islands and just love them. Experienced, professional and really nice instructors, equipment in very good shape (maybe not the shorties but everything that counts for keeping you alive), great variety of dive sites. The atmosphere on the dive boats was always fun and relaxed. You get a lot of help with the equipment and can just concentrate on the dive itself.
If we have to criticize something: they give you the impression that there is a guarantee to see this and that animal at a certain site but of course there isn't and you might get disappointed if you rely on these promises.
For Topdive Tahiti: we wanted to do the ow part of our SSI certificate here and they are registered as SSI centre. When we arrived it turned out that they knew basically nothing about SSI could not give us the right stamps and stickers yet charged a very high price (in advance). If you want to do Padi you are probably much better off here.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank MartinochClara
Denver, Colorado
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Tahiti with TopDive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

We were on a cruise ship that was slightly delayed. Top Dive had proactively made themselves aware of the delay, and had things rescheduled for us with no problem. We dove at Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora. All were fantastic, Tahiti was the least spectacular, but all three were among the best diving we've ever done. When we got to Haaii, it seemed dull after French Polynesia.

The pre-purchased dive packages were an excellent value, and saved a lot of time since we only had to do paper work once.

1 Thank omeinv
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dive right in to start your trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I hopped off the plane, took the taxi over, and was able to have my first experience in Tahiti be a shark dive. The staff was incredibly friendly, with good gear, and a great dive plan. They explained what would happen in the water, different signals they use compared to what you may be used to in the US, and made sure you were aware of bar vs. psi (Metric system!)
The amount of sharks was incredible, all swimming so close but none of them dangerous. We were also able to see a large amount of fish and eels. When we finished we were treated to homemade brownies, so really, who can beat that? I was able to save 10% on my dive with my Air Tahiti boarding pass.

Jumping in the water first thing was the best way to start my vacation, and definitely made those I was meeting up with jealous. Maruru!

1 Thank FloridaJetSet
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tahiti Diving with Topdive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Extremely helpful and friendly staff. Great dives! Lots of sharks and fishes. Corals are still recovering from the recent catastrophic devastations. It was a lifelong dream to dive Tahiti and Polynesia, and the staff here tremendous. I dove out of the Intercontinental, two tank Nitrox dives that were awesome. Would recommend them highly.

1 Thank Jim G