“First Rate Meal”

The Lotus Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Faa'a
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Discover our Gourmet Restaurant overlooking the lagoon, near the sand-bottomed pool and submerged bar. Light lunch menu served everyday from 12 noon to 2p.m. with the best view of Moorea Island. Gourmet dinner every night from 6.30 to 9.30 P.M. Enjoy a creative and fine dinner in a pleasing and romantic atmosphere.
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The Lotus Restaurant is located on the grounds of the InterContinental Resort on the Island of Tahiti. At best, Restaurant food in French Polynesia is extremely expensive, even McD's. So, for just a tiny bit more than the Resort's lunch buffet, we had a superb lunch in an intimate area out over the water, just next to a sand-bottomed infinity pool with a swim-up bar. Unquestionably the finest meal we have had in French Polynesia

There are newer reviews for The Lotus Restaurant

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I liked my menu selection, but the other three diners were not wild about there selections. Expensive.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had a 4.5-hour layover on Tahiti so we decided to grab dinner here based on our TA's suggestion. The taxi from the airport is about $20 USD each way, try and share one if you can. The Intercontinental has luggage storage which is nice until you are ready to leave and the bellhop with the key is nowhere to be found. Island time I get it, but when we have an international flight, 15 minutes feels like forever. There is no way I would recommend this place to my friends UNLESS you haven't had any gourmet food in a while and have a LOT of money to burn. This was by far our most expensive meal in FP. We had been eating fantastically on Vahine Island so we really didn't need to eat more gourmet food and we certainly weren’t blown away with what we were served. That said it is gourmet food. The menu is small and unjustly expensive though. For example, there is not a single salad available and the cheapest plate is a cheese platter that’s $18 USD hidden under seafood, wtf. All the appetizers are over $45. The Scallop app with the emulsion shown in the pictures is $52 USD. The rack of lamb I had that’s shown in the pictures is $79. I get the same quality stateside for $42 at the higher end places and $34 at the medium to nice places. The atmosphere is great if you haven’t already been eating overwater, but does that substantiate the cost? IMHO no because they have the tables set up so that only ½ your party gets to be by the rail and the reef underneath isn’t that active at all. For the money we should both have a rail seat and should not have had empty water glasses ever, let alone almost the entire time. Oh and thank you for bringing me a steak knife when I’m almost completely finished. 5 stars - In your dreams. The food is 3.8 at best and the service is well below a 2. Go at your own risk. We should have gone to the food trucks to make my stomach, wallet, and soul more satisfied.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

This restaurant is expensive, over hyped and best avoided at all costs. If you want haute french cuisine then to be fair, perhaps its best enjoyed in France! Save your money and eat at the main restaurant.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

If you're staying at the IC Moorea don't even dare to have dinner somewhere else in the hotel. Lotus has great food, great views and a good staff.