“USA travelers”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Excellent restaurant, fresh fish, outstanding environment on the sea with view of the Acropolis, 5 star, especially if Sofoklis is your waiter.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I highly recomment Argo to everyone for many reasons...Personally i take all my clients during my private tours there because the food is great ,the owner has warm personality and you have your lunch or dinner just 50 cm from the Sea Water.A magic spot..The food will surprise pleasantly your pallet....

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We ate here as part of our Rhodes Private Tour. Wonderful, fresh fish-the fish were on display on ice if you wished to see them! Ate on porch looking at the beach. Lovely.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We recently had lunch at this lovely little restaurant during a tour whilst on a cruise on the celebrity silhouttte recently.

George our private guide from Rhodes wonders tours introduced us to the family upon arrival and we were treated in a very special manner throughout the meal.

The appetisers we chose were unique to this restaurant and the owner's son helped us make our decisions. We were not disappointed! I urge you to try the feta cheese wrapped in filo pastry and lightly coated in a homey and sesame seed dressing, to die for!

When we entered the restaurant we were shown the selection of fish which were caught that day and we chose to have silver snapper. We have never tried this variety of fish before and I would go as far to say it is one of the nicest fish I have tasted.

It was cooked to perfection and served with a small salad and the fish was big enough to feed all four of us.

Our meal was then topped off by some amazing complimentary desserts.

I find it quite astonishing that this restaurant is in fact 9th of 9 in the tripadvisor ratings, as all in all it is one of the best meals I have enjoyed in some time.

A big thank you to the whole family for making us feel extremely welcome and making our day in Rhodes memorable!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We asked for good local seafood. Our private driver recommended Argo. Great suggestion. They offered variety of fresh fish by the kilo. We could not eat a 2 kilo fish so opted for the menu. Wow. The jumbo shrimp was the best we have ever had. It melted in your mouth. The mussels did the same, which is rare for mussels. The calamari good as well. What was amazing was we drove by the market and saw fisherman delivering fish, saw the fish in the restaurant and then saw the fresh fish cooked and served. I am not sure I have ever had such fresh seafood. The humus was equally as fresh and puts the stuff in grocery stores to shame. The calamari, white fish and deserts were out of this world. My group also split a Greek salad, which had no lettuce … fresh feta, cucumber, tomatoes, olives. Wonderful. The homemade bread and olive oil are as expected for an island that grows so many olives. Beyond that, the view was magnificent. It sits on a point, overlooks a bay and you can see up a mountain to more ruins. This place had local culture, wonderful food, impeccable service and ambience written all over it. It is hard to imagine a better place to eat in all of Rhodes.

2  Thank Profguy