“Nice Fish Tavern in Lygia”
Review of Xouras Fish Tavern

Ranked #12 of 14 Restaurants in Lygia
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2014

If you like fish or shellfish, try the Xouras tavern. The manager welcomed us and we were seated by the boats. We had sea bass and a plate with different small fish. If you are not sure what you should order, the menu has pictures of the fish served fresh. You wouldn't eat frozen fish from the microwave on your holiday, would you? If you want to eat something with the fish, chips and vegetables must be ordered separately. The prices per kilo are high, but the fish is worth it. Try the "tsipoura" or the "marida" and you will not be disappointed!

2  Thank Joliina
There are newer reviews for Xouras Fish Tavern

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Last night I wanted to eat one more time grilled octopus, whitch I like. I was very surprised when I got only two smal tentacles without anything else.
In comparison to the whole octopus over the all plate which I, got in Nidri Symposium two days ago it was big disillusion.
The experience from Symposium where I got 4 times bigger otctopus, more taste, with side dish and at the end cheaper.
Moreover my girlfriend waited for her food 10 min later and the boss was unpleasant.
I can´t recommend this taverna!!!

4  Thank lukysakul
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This traditional Greek fish taverna is found on the main road just outside of Nikiana. It sits next to a few other tavernas, but you know this is the right one when you see the painted blue chairs and yellow writing. The waiter, and I believe manager, was very friendly and spoke multiple languages. He welcomed us and showed us all he fresh fish they had from the day's catch (you can tell from the eyes!). We chose two fish filets, grilled octopus and calamari. It was the best calamari and octopus we've ever had, and we've eaten at several greek islands. The food is great quality, and well priced. We would surely recommend this taverna to any traveler visiting the island. Thanks Xouras :)

2  Thank Christidis
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We ate here 3 times during our stay in a bad hotel in Lygia.. Hopefully there was Xouras and made us feel a little happy! It is a very nice fresh fish tavern. We tried the octupus, red wine, greek salad and valakaos. Very nice and well cooked!
We really thank you from heart!

1  Thank louk_p36
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The tavern is located by the port of Lygia. Unfortunately the food was not very good, the prices were very high. Above all, they did not give us a receipt!

2  Thank NicosTh