“the best”
Review of Los Amigos Hostel

Los Amigos Hostel
Reviewed September 3, 2013

It's definitely the best hostel I have ever been to.
Very friendly, staff very nice and helpful.. many things going on: tapas night, football night, go to a bar on a beach, pasta night...
Also, because the hostel is small you get to know everyone there, meet new friends, arrange trips together and so on. Perfect for people travelling alone (and also as groups).
Even though the hostel is not near the bigger towns, you still have nice beaches around, bus stop very near hostel, the hostel would also organize some trips around the island (e.g. village Masca or volcano). However, in Tenerife, rent a car is highly recommended.
What is good is that you have a kitchen, so you can cook, rather than eat outside.
Beds are nice, comfy; everyone gets their own lamp, plug in and a big locker.

Overall, it has been a great stay, I would definitely recommend it to anyone - you will not regret it!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
LosAmigosHostel, Owner at Los Amigos Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Thanks so much Lena! We loved having you here. See you again soon :)

Reviewed July 4, 2013

It was one night but all the stuff were friendly u feel like home,
Guys I lived all 2012 in 5 stars hotels in Istanbul, not rich :)
Just i was sent by my country to take care of the injuried people after the revolution in "Libya"
And I swear Allah in los Amigos i felt much better, they treat every1 as VIP.
I will not say the best hostel but I will say the best Hotel ever:)!!
Thanx los amigos
Im
Coming back in November

• Stayed: July 2013
LosAmigosHostel, Manager at Los Amigos Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

We try our best to
make everybody feel like at home :)

Fantastic that you felt so great even when
you stayed for just one night.
It is very important to us that people see
and feel our place like their home :D

Whenever you got time, do come and see us again :)

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great hostel, really friendly staff and excellent if you're a solo traveller as there's lots organised by the hostel itself and the people there are really sociable so it's easy to make friends. Stayed here for one week- just back in fact! There's usually something organised in the evening like a tapas crawl, or movie night and if you fancy doing something a bit different during the day and there are more than 2 of you the staff will organise to take you and most of the time it's free! It's close to a couple of beaches (one of which has an excellent pirate bar that serves good tapas and beer) and some nice villages where you can go for something to eat and drink, but it's about a 20-40 minute car drive from any of the popular tourist destinations. Didn't have trouble sleeping at all, the beds are really comfortable and the breakfast is fab for a hostel. No complaints at all, would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank emmafinnegan

We enjoyed your company also :)

It was so great that you visited us and
we all had such great time together :)

Do come and visit us again any day :D :D :D

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Hi All,
Just wanted to make clear that this is the best hostel I have ever been. It is not only about the hostel atmosphere and the staff, this is a place in which you will find much more, something that I can't really explain by words. Thank you again to all the guys involved in this hostel and I see you soon.
Dario Superina

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
LosAmigosHostel, Manager at Los Amigos Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

So many praises,
We feel humbled after all these words :)

Thank you so much for visiting our place
and of course we are waiting for your return :)

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Great staff, nice place, great location (away from all the busy tourist locations). Definitely a good place to stay for those on a budget. Just make sure you rent a car to get around! It is close to mount roja which was a really cool mountain to hike up. El Medana was also a really nice city to visit and have dinner at. All in all a really pleasant stay. Would recommend this hostel to anyone coming to the island and wants an authentic experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JillyD_87

Nice that you had a pleasant stay with our group :)

We really planned our location to be away from the mass
tourism area, so it really would make a difference in the
atmosphere also.

Do come and visit us again :)

Reviewed May 15, 2013

This hostel is amazing! I was meant to stay here for 4 nights, but missed my flight and had to delay my stay by 3 days - they were so helpful in changing my reservation free of charge. When I got there everyone was so helpful and friendly, all the staff introduced themselves and became good friends instantly. Free wifi, free all you can eat breakfast, clean rooms, close to the beach. It is the perfect hostel and a great place to meet lifelong friends. :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
LosAmigosHostel, Manager at Los Amigos Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Really nice to hear such nice words.

We do try to make a quality and friendly service
for everybody and as best as we can.

Remember to visit us again :)

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was only here a few hours but they dealt with this really well. First I arrived really late, maybe 10pm. Next I had to leave for an early flight at 03:30. They did a really good transfer for me - with tea and biscuits in the car on the way in the middle of the night. Helped me with my bags. Faultless.
It seemed like an extremely clean place when I was there. Very well organised and beautiful. Well laid out. Internet worked fine for me. If the bed sheet doesn't fit try another.

Very calm and patient owner. I hope to go back purely just to be around such a calming person.
If you don't have a car then you could cycle to Medano for the water sports as that route is fairly flat. Other than that a car can be as little as £14/day.

Definately a favourite here, you won't go wrong here.

Room Tip: Maybe a tent is better!