We were supposed to fly to Turkey but our son was ill and we had to reschedule. When we did there we no tickets left so in the end we ended up in El Medano, Tenerife, and we're very glad we did. We read the great reviews and booked a two bedroom villa. We had a wonderful stay and Jill and Nigel were the perfect hosts - from start to finish. They picked us up at the airport and had even gone to the trouble of getting a child seat for our little son. This really meant a lot to us. The also put in a baby cot and a high chair in the house.
The house was great. Pretty, clean and functional. We found it excellent value for money and really practical with two en suite bathrooms. We were just two adults and a baby staying there but the house would have been big enough even with two more adults staying in it.
There was lots of space. We could choose between eating at the kitchen table or at the outside table on the patio. When our little son was asleep in the evening my husband and I could sit outside eating in the warm Tenerife evening - lovely!
It turned out there was a washing machine in the house and with a baby that it very convenient.
There were sunbeds on the patio and upstairs there was a balcony with a nice view of the pool area and the sea. It was great to have a pool area but there is also a nice beach nearby.
The location is good but it's best to rent a car as there are no restaurants in the residential area. However, El Medano is only 15 minutes walk from Las Dunas so if you don't mind walking you won't need a car.
El Medano is a great little town. Lots of nice restaurants and shops - and not too touristy like Playa de las Americas and Los Christianos. The only negative thing about El Medano and Las Dunas is that it's located really close to the airport so you'll have plenty of planes flying over your head. Luckily they seemed to stop later in the evening. And anyway, the planes kept our son really happy as he loves planes. If you ask him, the proximity to the airport was probably the best thing about El Medano!
We would definitely like to recommend Las Dunas. The villa was really good and we could't have asked for a better holiday home. Jill and Nigel are wonderful hosts and they'll do anything for there guests - and always with a smile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Las Dunas Luxury Bed and Breakfast at 50 euros a night per room all incl., Beautiful seaview or mountain view rooms in a quiet location and ideally situated for airport and sightseeing. All rooms have private bathroom with shower,tea/coffee making facilities and a fridge. Large heated pool in beautiful shared suntrap surroundings. Parking available. Secure garage available for storing sports equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Villa Las Dunas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Las Dunas Hotel El Medano
- Villa Las Dunas El Medano, Tenerife