“Second Visit. Just as good.”
Review of La Tegala

La Tegala
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Macher
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was our second visit to La Tegala and once again we were really impressed with the quality of the cuisine (Spanish) and the discreet yet attentive service. The chef was previously at La Era and has certainly brought the same quality to La Tegala'
Well worth the trouble to make a reservation.

1  Thank David V
There are newer reviews for La Tegala

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Five of us ate dinner at La Tegala on 6:03:2013.

The building is impressive and the large windows give a great view of the surrounding area. We entered into a long narrow pleasant bar which was unmanned. The waitress greeted us and took us through to the dining room without offering us the choice of drinks at the bar. There were only two other couples eating when we arrived at eight and the atmosphere was subdued. It remained this way but it was mid-week and off season.

When we were presented with the menu we looked at each other. It was quite extensive and given the number of people in the restaurant seemed not a good sign. Each of us thought the food acceptable but none of us rated any dish highly. Overall each of us was disappointed.

2  Thank keeganGreshamUk
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Having read the reviews on Trip Adviser we decided we had to give this restaurant a go. We have been to Lanzarote a number of times and in the past our favourite restaurant has always been La Era, but this closed a couple of years ago. On seeing that the chef had now moved to La Tegala only reinforced our view that we had to go there. We were not disappointed. The atmosphere as soon as we walked in was very modern and very welcoming. The restaurant itself has a very modern feel and the views from the landscape windows were stunning with the a view over the sea directly in front and a view to the mountains on the right.
We ordered our starter and meal but before the starter arrived we were served up with two amuse bouche courses; the first a pork & chorizo pate with various breads and the second a vegetable soup. Both delicious. My wife had foggatini (I know that's not the right spelling, but Trip Advisor won't let me use the correct one!) for her starter and I have to say she is normally quite a severe food critic, but, this time, she took one mouthful and said, "This is to die for". I had salmon and scrambled egg. For mains I had "Three meats" and my wife had what was called king prawns, but were in reality langoustine and plenty of them. For dessert I had biscuit cake and ice cream and my wife had lemon sorbet in champagne. Every single dish was absolutely delicious. I cannot fault this restaurant at all, the ambiance, the service, the food and even the price were amazing. It will now be a regular feature of our visits to Lanzarote and I would certainly advise everyone else to do the same.

2  Thank norbold
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is an expensive restaurant, but very good cuisine. They have international mixed with spanish food...very interesting, good wines, good views, and Antonio Hernandez the owner is great. The have lovely pate with fig sauce, good gazpacho, good fish (Pampano), etc etc, ah and good wines.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

This informal cafe is located in a nice building on the main square of Haria. there is a very pleasant inner patio where you can have food and drinks (as well as a more conventional an formal restaurant room). The available food is simple, tasty, well-prepared and cheap. we had patas arrugadas, cheese and fish stew with chickpeas. i suggest the place also for a quick snack, looking at the historical pictures of Lanzarote that decorate the place.

1  Thank trippao