“Fancy looking restaurant, but the food is not.”
Review of La Tegala

La Tegala
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Macher
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We had a recommendation from a local. My food (lamb fried) was not good, and seemed pre-fab and not well cooked as it was somewhat cold on the inside. I did not eat most of it, so this was noticed by the waitress, who offered me something else from the menu, but I didn't want to wait for another try. therefore nothing wrong with the service, but the food ain't great. The salad which I ordered for a starter was rather basic. The restaurant has a 2012 Michelin guide mention, but this is apparently not something you can rely on.

1  Thank James290774

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Great food, great location..... We arrived early evening and were shown to our table by a great lady with not much English but fantastic personallity and a real eagerness to please. The menu was great, something you'd expect to find in a high priced restaurant in London or Paris, not too much choice as to be overstated but just enough to cater for just about anyone. Desert was amazing. We'll definitely be back.

1  Thank EverettIreland
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We had not heard of this restaurant before and driving by we stopped to have a look at the menu. That was enough for us to make a reservation for the same evening. What a treat! The food was superb, beautifully presented and with amazing flavours. We drank a couple of glasses of the house Rioja (no bottle of wine that night as I was driving) which was also very good. Excellent service as well and as another reviewer has mentioned, seeing the bill at the end of the evening was also a treat. We shall be back.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Fab food, fab location and fab staff, well priced, top quality food and wine with incredibly helpful staff (who found my iphone and had it waiting when I returned some hours later)

Reviewed February 1, 2012

This is not the cheapest restaurant in the area but it very much is the very best value for money.

The care taken in all aspects is quite faultless!

1  Thank Techcam54