“To see animals/birds, get the guide!”

Puentes Colgantes del Arenal
Arenal Hanging Bridges Hiking Tour
$70.00*
Hanging Bridges Walking Tour in Arenal
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We love to hike in Costa Rica and tend to go on our own. We saw lots of birds at Puentes but couldn't identify them and it was with the help of guide that we saw the pizote family.

I highly recommend this hike especially in the morning when the vistas were clear, weather was cooler and crowds less.

It is an easy 3 k walk with some hills. Lots of opportunities to stop, look around, listen and enjoy being in a beautiful tropical forest. We walked the puentes in just under 2 hours so I imagine that with a guide and spotting birds would take longer.

Be careful of trail stones! Costa Rica uses a specially-made cobblestone with holes to cover/mark trails. My hiking boots were soft-soled and feet were sore by the end of the hike. I think my tennis shoes would have been better to wear.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Even though I was afraid of heights, the incredible views made this hike well worth overcoming the fear!

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I constantly go to bridges all kinds of people drunk, rude, and so for lack of control was with a group of 8 people and had to stop U.S. tour that some people comensaron to jump over the second bridge very violently and all my tourists began to feel very afraid even a lady, PEOPLE NEED tO SAFETY

1  Thank arenal p
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This hike is a wonderful way to see the Costa Rican jungle from above. I will never be a zip-liner, but this felt very safe even though some of the suspension bridges were above deep canyons full of vines and huge trees. The fee you pay is worth it, considering this system must require lots of upkeep to maintain trails and all the bridges. It was warm and quite humid, so bring water and your best attitude. Insect repellant a good idea as well.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

We had a wonderful time with desafio in the arenal district of costa rica. I cannot recommend them enough. there canyoneering packages are just awesome. i loved everything about our package

1  Thank DIANA S