“Customer service at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Keld Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keld
Keld Lodge
Ranked #2 of 5 Keld B&B and Inns
Marlborough, United Kingdom
“Customer service at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

On all our travels here and abroad this has to be the best service we've ever received, attention to our needs, knowing when to offer advice and importantly when to leave us to our own devices. Karen and Nick know walking and the local area to assist as required and really put they themselves out throughout our 4 night stay. Drying room very effective and the sweetest smelling we've come across! Modern rooms in an old building, very comfortable, great views. Location perfect for walking upper Swaledale. Excellent chef making the D,B&B great value - a house speciality is mango marmalade (but you need to ask for it). And good local beer - what more could you ask for!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
N.Yorks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'm sure that in amongst the excellent reviews for this hotel there was a poor one. What's up with you - are you sure you were staying at Keld Lodge. As with others who've commented, I was met at my car by mine host, given tea and cake and made very welcome on my arrival on a very chilly afternoon. They say you get what you pay for, well in this instance you are getting a bargain for your money. Nothing was too much trouble. My upgraded room (cosy double instead of the single I booked) was warm well appointed and the bed very comfortable. The view in the morning was wonderful, looking out across the frosty hills. Dinner was excellent and breakfast plentiful and well cooked, although I just had a small breakfast I did see the full English served to another guest, which looked substantial - the food that is not the guest! I will, without doubt, make this my base whenever I'm in upper Swaledale (if I can get booked in).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank N.Yorks
Buckinghamshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

From the warm welcome on arrival to the departure we received first class service. Nick and Karen are very attentive, nothing is too much trouble but they are respectful and not in your face. It's a bit like staying with a favourite family member! The accommodation exceeded expectation and is easily up to 3* being smart, clean and rich in facilities, very comfortable. The breakfast is superb, I can't honestly say how it could be improved. The evening menu has good variety and represents good value. Again the service is first class and the view from the dining room is to die for.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
New Haven, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

The Keld Lodge was a bit more upscale and comfortable than I would have expected in the small village of Keld. My single room was very comfortable. The hosts were much in evidence and very helpful and friendly. Wifi was available in the lounge and I was able to curl up in the internet in front of a warming fire.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

This is the third time that I have stayed at Keld Lodge. On this occasion my family joined me for an overnight stay whilst I completed the Pennine Way. Nick was a wonderful host, no issue was too much trouble and he really went out of his was to make our stay a success. Room and food were to a very high standard, as was the draft beers and wines. Would recommend the lodge to friends without hesitation.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Iver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Perfect place for walkers. Nice comfortable rooms, superb customer service, excellent food and very reasonable price. Very nice indeed. Hosts were very friendly, very helpful and ready to please their customers. The room was good, and the views stunning. I would certainly recommend it

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Settle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

I chose Keld Lodge for the inaugural Wild Rambling holiday mainly because of the practicality of the location and the number of ensuite rooms so I was totally thrilled to discover it really is an absolute gem. The bedrooms are extremely comfortable and the public rooms very cosy, the food is wonderful (especially the breakfasts) and the views are amazing. But what makes this place so very special are the hosts, Nick and Karen, who could not be more friendly and welcoming - there wasn't anything that was too much trouble for them. I can't wait to book the next holiday here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keld
Stone House Hotel
#4 of 10 in Reeth
The George Hotel
The George Hotel
#1 of 5 in Orton

Been to Keld Lodge? Share your experiences!