“Quiet, comfy , well appointed cottage.”
other travelers have booked this property
View of the house from the private back garden.
Dining area with wood burning stove. Attic bedroom with kingsize bed.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
View of the house from the private back garden.
Dining area with wood burning stove.
Attic bedroom with kingsize bed.
Kitchen/dining area.
Living room with wood burning stove and comfy leather sofa.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
John C
Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
“Quiet, comfy , well appointed cottage.”
Reviewed June 6, 2018 for a stay in June 2018

I booked this cottage for a long weekend away for my wife and I,my son and his two sons and a girlfriend of one of them. We needed a relaxing break away from hustle and bustle etc. This place did just that!
With three large bedrooms, one large bathroom, ensuite facilities in one bedroom and a wet room on the ground floor there was oceans of private space. One of the charms of The Green is its quirky layout. All bedrooms are well separated on differing levels, as are the lounge and the open plan kitchen diner, which opens out not a private garden complete with BBQ. The kitchen is very well equipped with dishwasher and fridges and freezers( I think two of each!)A washing machine is also provided, for those planning a longer stay.
The surrounding area is beautiful with lots of picture book little villages to visit. The coast and the delights of Whitby, Sleights, Runswick and Robin Hoods Bay are near at hand too. The delights of catching, or just looking at a steam train are also nearby with The North Yorks Railway passing through Grosmont.
All in all a great place to stay. Jenny is a very accomodating host, my wife Sue had picked up a paperback, couldn't put it down. I asked can we borrow and send back when complete. Jenny replied "take it ,keep it and pass it on, thats what books need!

Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
interestz...
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Quintessential delightful village cottage”
Reviewed May 30, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

This is a beautiful house that has a proper feel of home about it – all you ever think you need is here and all is clearly cared for and spotless. I really appreciated the mix of antique style and modern comforts.
The garden is divine - throwing open the French doors and stepping out is heaven. A good sized table and comfy outdoor seats sets you up for the outdoor life and the garden has enough light and shade to suit everyone.
I found a generosity in the host, a real sense of her wanting me to be comfortable.
Thank you Jenny!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
charlotte...
“Appalling customer service and interpersonal skills from Jenny”
Reviewed May 26, 2018 for a stay in May 2018
people found this review helpful

I booked this accommodation for August 2018. For two adults and four children through booking.com. The website stated that a single bed was available for each room, and I took a screenshot of it. The website also had a special request section, so I entered in there, can a put up bed be placed in each bedrom. Within minutes I received a email informing me that the request was not possible and to cancel my booking. I then called the number to contact the owner, to query this as it contradicted the website. She was extremely hostile and informed me that the cottage would not meet my needs. I explained that she did not know what my needs were and that the website had offered this, and that I had evidence of this. I thanked her for her time before ending the call. I was staying with my friend and her daughter and I was with my three children. My friend then called and spoke to Jenny and she was still adement that we could not hire the property because I had been 'extremely rude' to her. Jenny said to my friend that she was 'the manager and it was her house'. Jenny then sent me a email informing me that I had been 'nothing short of rude and she was cancelling this booking'. As far as we are concerned we are pleased to have not entered into a business transaction with such a hostile and offensive owner and she can keep her property. I am a professional and also own property that I rent out and would not dream of speaking to potential customers/paying guests in that manner. We now have four upset children as a result of Jenny actions. Please avoid booking this holiday cottage as Jenny needs some development in regards to her communication skills and customer service. She also clearly market's her property without knowing what is stated on the website. This is potentially a false advertising under trading standards. Good luck Jenny with your future business.

Management Response
Jun 5, 2018
This complaint is worded well and has almost certainly not been written by the rude, offensive, demanding person that I spoke to on the phone....... whom I would not have wanted to stay in my house.
debimmm
uk
“Beautiful well appointed cottage”
Reviewed March 5, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Loved staying here, the cottage is really well equipped, beautifully decorated and perfectly situated for a country getaway. It has everything.
Easy to find and Jenny and Simon are great hosts. I really couldn’t have wished for a better holiday.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing