Montfaucon
$128
$84
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 12, 2011

This was my second visit to Montfaucon. I joined a group last year to paint plein air. The accomodations along with the cordiality of the owners and staff made me bring my husband along this time. He was as pleased as I was enjoying the scenery of the beautiful area, drinking the local wines, eating fine French cusine and touring the villages. The painting instruction was the best I have ever had, and the conviviality of the group made it a group experience hard to top.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2011

This was my first trip to Europe and I could not have asked for a better experience! The service was outstanding. The tour guides, Penny and Rochelle, were amazing. They made sure I had everything I needed, were professional, and yet I feel like I've made two new friends.

Montfaucon is in an excellent location. The town of Limoux is within walking distance. It has several fun shops and great restaurants. It's also within a short driving distance to several tourist sites. Penny and Rochelle added to the experience with their knowledge of the villages and the sites we went to.

The hotel is very inviting, warm and comfortable. There is a great view of the river from the terrace. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. One of my favorite memories is sleeping with the shutters and windows open and seeing a beautiful sunrise in the morning.

The dining room was set beautifully for breakfast and for dinners and the food was amazing! The staff was so friendly and accommodating.

Being a wife and mother I'm usually taking care of everyone. But this trip was a special treat...they took care of me! Thank you everyone at Montfaucon!

Room Tip: Ask for a room where you can see the river. Three stories-no elevators. Ask for room on a lower floor if you aren't up to stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Fawn_aka_Sam
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I bring a group of painters to paint in the Languedoc each summer and we always stay at Montfaucon. The staff and service are top notch and the accommodations are 5 star.
The house is beautifully furnished and the rooms are large and also wonderfully decorated.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2011

The entire week went much too fast. Between bike rides to lovely villages through rolling vineyards and fields of sunflowers ready to burst and guided tours to Cathar castles and villages, it wouldn't seem that there could be time for three-hour lunches and elegant, candle-lit dinners, but somehow the staff managed everything perfectly and each meal was a French feast. Visits to Carcassone, Minerve, Queribus, Alet-les-Bains stimulated our minds and trips to the farmer's market in search of sausage, cheese, bread, pate fed our palates. In addition, Montfaucon has a chef who created unique meals when we were a maison. The interior staircase is a sculptural masterpiece and the bedrooms are elegantly furnished. A treasure and wonderful to share with old friends.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful, river view especially.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed 4 nights at Montfaucon for a leisure stay.
Visiting Rennnes les Chateau, Grotte de Niaux, Montsegur, Foix and Alets les Bains,
all our tours were guided by two very friendly, highly experienced young ladies who are
in charge of directing tours at Montfaucon.
Montfaucon is located perfectly for visiting the Cathar country.
What unusual experiences and what a wonderful time we had!
Everything is thanks to all the staff members of Montfaucon!
Montfaucon offers all that you could wish for. You are treated as the celebrity of the
residence!

Room Tip: Rooms along the riverside
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple