1,582 results
All reviewsanimation teampool barquiet poollife barmainland greecefrench guestskids cluba la carte restaurantrelaxing holidayspecial thanksblue lagoonfantastic hotelevening showsbeach volleyballrestaurant stafffamily roomall inclusive drinks
Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

This was my 3rd stay in 12 months but this time i went alone on my first solo trip which was quite daunting but i needn't have worried as i was well looked after!

Whilst it's a nice modern complex, for me its the staff that make this hotel and one of the reasons i decided to return. They work really hard and nothing is too much trouble. Lizzie and Peggy on reception, Babis in the restaurant and the guys and girls behind the bar at the pool.

The rooms are kept really clean and the housekeepers do a great job....i would always go back to my room to find my bed perfectly made with my sarong displayed in a pretty bow shape at the bottom of the bed!

Whilst a lot of the reviews mention the fairly close proximity of Kavos (which is more or less closed in early October anyway) they dont seem to mention much about the lovely town of Lefkimmi nearby with its canal bars and cafes and more traditional greek lifestyle. Please go and visit Lefkimmi if you get a chance!

For me the Capo with its views out to sea and across to the mainland is my little piece of heaven....

Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
Sevi M, Rooms Division Manager at Mayor Capo Di Corfu, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2017

Dear Janie B,

The team and myself are looking forward to welcoming you soon again to our island!

Reviewed October 15, 2017

We spent 11 nights as a party of four in September, and as other reviews I can echo a lot of the comments.

The place is idyllic but isolated with nowhere to go, and the staff make the hotel, working tirelessly with always a smile.

The food on the whole is pretty good, but meats not the best quality and most foods only lukewarm, however a microwave is provided. Breakfasts were a challenge as staff were few and far between and as the drinks were waiter service it took a while to get tea and coffee brought, and teabags seemed to be rationed, self service machines would have taken a lot of stress away from the few staff that were there.

A week into our stay I had an accident on the wonky block paving of the hotel paths which resulted in me going over on my ankle and breaking a bone in my foot. I had to go to hospital which is an hour away and I was put into pot.

As an older person I could not manage on crutches so had to hire a wheelchair from the medical centre in Kavos. This soon showed up the lack of disabled facilities in the hotel. Apart from being bumped about on very uneven paths, there were no disabled toilets, and as the weather was turning cooler at nights and the only inside entertainment was upstairs in the reception without a lift, we were denied somewhere to go in an evening.

I was also very disappointed that I was not approached by any of the Management after my accident, even though I had reported this to the Reception staff.

However I can say, although there were no English reps from Tui ,the Reception staff and the French rep were able to help out with everything we needed to organise, such as airport assistance on our return journey.

To summarise, a lovely complex on the beach and if you are happy to stay in the complex for the whole of your stay then this is an ideal place for you.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Janet H

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience with us. Your positive comments are very much appreciated and have been shared with my team.

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Mayor for a week all inclusive first week of October 2017.
The location is remote and not much nearby but the location/experience from within the hotel grounds is spectacular with fabulous mountain and sea views
The guest bedrooms and restaurants and bar areas are superbly clean and top notch quality.
The staff - 99% are simply outstanding. The management team , esp restaurant manager ,reception staff, bar staff , cleaners , maintenance team all outstanding.
However the waiting staff in the main buffet restaurant are too eager to remove plates and glasses and lacking basic manners and good grace when doing so. Also quite forgetful in not bringing spoons , milk , and the like or forgetting parts of requests which can be frustrating at times. They work very hard but sometimes at the expense of friendliness and efficiency. The female waiting staff were all very good and most of the male waiters also very good. Just one or two male waiters rather ignorant and far too eager removing plates and cups etc.
Also the food was Luke warm at best and rather bland though there was lots of variety. Very good desserts , good fruit and veg choice and quality.
The meats were the main let down often fatty and mediocre quality.
Overall an outstanding hotel , superb staff and exceptional quality and perhaps the mundane and Luke warm food and odd poor waiter experience are made to appear or feel substandard due to the exceptional standard this hotel and its superb staff achieve in all other areas.
If the food could be hotter , meats tastier and better quality , and a couple of the male waiters service less eager and less obtrusive and more polite. This would be perfection.
As it is still exceptional and close to perfect for a relaxing holiday in a superb
Quality hotel with exceptional staff.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank summer19662015

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for this terrific review! It was a great pleasure sharing your comments with my team and we are extremely delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It is truly rewarding to read all your genuine comments about our team’s attention and care. We take great pride of the warmth and friendliness fostered by our people who consistently strive to anticipate our guests’ needs and to deliver the renowned Mayor Capo di Corfu personalized service.
The whole team and myself are looking forward to welcoming you soon again to our island!

Reviewed October 6, 2017

Mayor Capo di Corfu offers a lot of what I love in a relaxing holiday venue: all inclusive without having to sign for everything or wear an armband; spread out low-level buildings in well-maintained gardens; plenty of sunbeds around clean pools; own beach right there (no crossing roads); the sea was clear and shallow; the hotel was very very clean.

I normally prefer a quiet environment and the music from the pool bar was a little too loud for my taste even sitting the furthest away from the bar. However, I can't fault the choice of music - it was very enjoyable.

We have stayed in 4/5 star resorts all round the world and are quite used to being in the minority nationality. However, it was quite a shock to find that the welcome meeting was only for the French, the teenager club was only for the French, the Thomson rep was only for the French, the quiz was in French and the entertainment team was a French team most of whom could not/would not speak English. They spoke only to their favourite French guests and the games were conducted in French. The evening entertainment show they put on was in French and could so easily have been adapted to include some English. There were other British, German and Russian families so I found it very disappointing that we were made to feel like second class citizens.

The second week, the balance was better with more of a mix and the atmosphere lightened. Suddenly the animation team actually invited us to join in a game.

I don't know why only men were invited to play beach volleyball. I played on the last day and really enjoyed it but previously the chap had only invited my husband and ignored me!

What completely ruined what should have been a lovely holiday was that on the second day, my 11 year old daughter and I were walking in the sea. As we passed a group of French teenagers, they stared at us intimidating us. Then one of them came out of the group, past me and double backed to attack my daughter. I suspect he was trying to grab her baseball cap as a dare but I don't know. The group laughed their heads off. I was shocked and my daughter burst into tears. To cut a long story short, it turned out that this 'game' was supervised by the hotel leader of the French teenage club! The Assistant Manager Sevi was very sympathetic but our holiday was ruined. My daughter was afraid to go into the sea on her own and we had to put up with bumping into this infantile young man and his band of teenagers during the rest of our stay. I couldn't relax and enjoy my holiday as I was constantly watching over my daughter to check that she was safe.

Such a shame as the hotel location is lovely...but the hotel should not employ people who think it's ok to attack other guests.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Brendan L
Sevi M, Rooms Division Manager at Mayor Capo Di Corfu, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

Dear Brendan L,

thank you for taking the time to post your review.

With respect to your review, please allow us to dispel some erroneous assumptions from it. As you mention in your review there was no attack rather than a game initiated by teenagers and certainly not from a member of staff. Though we certainly do not applaud this kind of behaviour we cannot ignore the fact that teenagers can behave in a not proper manner at times.
We do apologize for the stress that the kids caused by creating a false impression to you and your lovely daughter.

We would like to welcome you back to our hotel where we have created a safe and carefree enviromenment for all of our guests.

With my kindest regards,
Sevi

Reviewed October 6, 2017

We spent a wonderfull week in this very nice resort. We enjoyed the fantastic beach,the tasty food and the the good service. A special thanks for Sakis, the excellent F&B Manager of the Hotel. e took care of everything when needed.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family

Dear toblerkovalenko,

thank you for taking the time to share this with us! We’re honored to be part of such great memories.

Thank you again for sharing – we hope to welcome you back soon.
With my kindest regards,