“Wonderful friendly hotel!”

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Akrotiri
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful friendly hotel!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We spent two wonderful weeks in this lovely, family run hotel in September. The accommodation was clean and comfortable and the owners were extremely helpful and friendly! The pool area was particularly attractive and relaxing. We found Akrotiri a great place to stay, away from the hustle and bustle of Fira and Oia. Plenty of places to eat with good food and service. The local bus service was very good and reasonable. Only twenty minutes from Fira. We would recommend this hotel without hesitation and fully intend to return at some point in the future!

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Lesley W

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Greek first
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Small cute hotel in a unremarkable town in the South Of the island. Reception and pool area are very pretty but the room we stayed was quite ugly. Very basic furnished, extremely uncomfortable bed, tiny bathroom hostel style and towels provided in a very bad condition (could do a foot scrub with it). Breakfast as well is not good. I would say its overall a decent place if you have low expectations and want a basic hotel rather than a hostel or apartment.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Francesca B
Volos, Greece
Reviewed August 17, 2013

we spent aweek in paradise hotel and it was really a paradise. very clean and quiet, nice location, a huge swimming pool and the family owns it was very helful and hospitable. it really deserves to try it. a big thanks for the nice time we had !!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had a bad experience in the first half hour on Santorini. I went in a group of friends, 6 people, so we had booked three rooms. The unpleasant suprize was that when we got to the hotel we find out that on the reception papers, we had only 2 rooms rezerved. The hotel it was full, so the guy at reception offer us the a room (the third) at a nearby hotel, stressing that we don't need to overpay. He allready ruin our day, because he split the group in 2 hotels, but it was worse when we saw the room and the nearby hotel!!! It was horrible, like two class down, and I was wondering how he had the nerv to tell us that we don't need to overpay???
The problem with the reservation wasn't from my travel agency, but ok, accidents can happen. But in this condition you have to offer my something similar or contrary, more (high class). Or some apologies... Nothing.... he said that is the best he can do, maybe... maybe he can help us to rent a car!!! (we had allready rent 2 cars)
Also, I had the impresion that after our incident, another couple was headed to the same nearby hotel, which makes me think that they are use to do that all the time (maybe they selling more rooms than they had and using the other hotel like a satellite, because nobody would willingly go there).
So, if you want to go to this hotel, please double check your reservation!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank CameliaCristina

Travelers are raving about these Akrotiri hotels

Khalkis, Greece
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Spent a whole week at the Best Western Paradise hotel and liked the room with its very comfortable bed,the cleanliness of the whole place,the pool which is very nice and relaxing!the family that runs the hotel is very polite and helpful,the village of Akrotiri doesn't offer a lot but the distances for Fira and other places are very short.the hotel is renovated,our room was spacious and the whole experience was satisfying

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Victoria K
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed at this lovely hotel for under a week on my first ever trip to Santorini last week. It was one of my best holidays and I cannot stress enough how hospitable the management of the hotel was. I felt well-looked after, and had a most relaxing time. I was travelling on my own but everything and anything I wanted to do was made easy by the helpful, friendly and informative hotel manager. The room was very clean, and the poolside well-maintained and absolutely gorgeous. Akrotiri village is charming, quiet and peaceful - I made the right choice by staying away from the bigger towns such as Fira or Oia. The archeological site of Akrotiri and the Red Beach was within walking distance and the bus stop is close to the hotel. I had lovely food in the tavernas around the hotel and everybody was friendly and eager to help. I felt sad to leave but hopefully will return soon. I recommend this hotel highly if you are looking for a lovely quiet and relaxing holiday surrounded by friendly people.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is the second time my wife and I have stayed at this hotel.We stayed here at the same time last year and like last year we cannot fault the place at all.George on reception was friendly as ever.We again stayed half board for two weeks and enjoyed their hospitality and friendliness not forgetting the food at all times.If you want a peaceful relaxing vacation staying in comfortable rooms and a lovely pool and gardens this is the place for you.We cannot recomend this familly run hotel strongly enough. Stan and Diane Christopherson.

Room Tip: We stayed in a junior suite with an upstairs bedroom excellent value We stayed in a junior suite ov...