All reviews staff were exceptional sunrise and sunset the hotel sits every morning steep walk amazing breakfast perfect view beautiful property the hotel manager honey moon off the beaten track southern end local buses fantastic stay explore the island oia or fira pool bar
Reviewed May 14, 2016 via mobile

We have spent 4 nights in Kalestesia. Everything was perfect. Breakfast on the terrace of the restaurant with view on the sea. All our requests were treated very fast. The staff is very kind and smiling. The whole place is very quiet, and we've slept better than in our own beds in France.
Possibility to have lunch on our own terrace.
It was our 2nd stay in this hotel. I hope we'll be able to come back another year.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank toutouneman
Reviewed May 9, 2016 via mobile

We r lucky to get an upgrade to the upper floor corner suite and the view is really amazing. I guess it is probably the highest point in akrotiri already. However, the road to come up is a bit narrow and tricky, but it is still possible with a standard 4 seater car, just drive slowly. Highly recommend this place.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2016

I had a girls relaxing vacation summer 2015. It was our first time in Santorini and by far this place was amazing!! We ran into a little problem when we first got to the hotel. Our flight got in late and we took a taxi over. We didn’t know the roads were too narrow for the taxi to go through, so they left us way down the hill and told us to walk in. Well, it was dark and we were not sure how far up the hill the hotel was. There were 3 of us girls, so I took 1 for the team and headed up the hill by myself praying that I find the right place. Finally when I got to the hotel, Samson the host help me out. He hopped into his vehicle and made his way down the hill to pick up the girls.. He told me I should have called him from down the hill and that they would have sent someone down to get us. Which I didn’t know. Besides that the hotel was Magnificent!!! Staff Samson & Leftie were very nice and helpful with everything. The view, the food, the staff perfect. The island is breathtaking. You need a vehicle to get around the Island since everything is far from the hotel. Santorini has lots of steps and it requires a lot of exercise. Bring good comfortable shoes because you will need it. Best trip ever. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone who will be visiting Santorini. Make sure that you contact the hotel when you get drop off by the taxi driver.

Room tip: Call the hotel for pickup when taxi drops you off.
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank latsaney a
Reviewed January 3, 2016

There were three elements that made this hotel so appealing that I decided to book it: simple, traditional architectural design, seclusion and magnificent views of caldera. And when were arrived at the hotel it exceeded our expectations. We stayed at the last villa in a duplex and two terraces that were offering unobscured views of the surroundings - especially spectacular during early morning breakfast when the sun doesn't overshadow Thira and Oia seen in the distance. Notabene, breakfast can be served at the outdoor restaurant or it can be delivered to your room. The entire place is extremely clean, service is excellent, everyone working on the premises is super nice and extremely accommodating.There a few restaurants nearby in Akrotiri, 2 or 3 little grocery stores and a few beaches with kayaking options. The only downside is a complete lack of clear signs leading to the hotel, which made me waste almost 2 hours before I was forced to call the hotel risking an enormous bill for rooming to have someone meet me in Akrotiri and finally guide me to the hotel. So placing clear signs in order to spare aggravation to their clients would be a wise idea. Other than that - Heaven on Earth!
I strongly recommend this place to anyone who enjoys views, doesn't have an issue with driving for 20 min far away from the noisy town of Thira and wake up in the morning to spectacular views of the caldera getting ready for a new day full of adventures :)

Room tip: Honeymooners :) - spend more money on a larger room on the second level - intimacy is worth your investment
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank AliciaDevero
Reviewed October 25, 2015

If you are searching for a stylish, relaxing, comfortable, friendly place to stay in Santorini, I cannot recommend Kalestesia Suites highly enough.
The location of the suites give panoramic views of the caldera and most of the island, though the location is a little out of the way and without precise directions quite difficult to find, more so if you arrive after dark as we did. Do not hire a car any larger than a Nissan note as the suites are reached through a very narrow gap between buildings ( see photo)
Kalestesia Suites are perfect for couples who want a relaxing break so iIf you want to be in the centre of the action this is not the place for you, although the main centres of Fira, Oia or Kamari can be reached easily by car or bus. The centre of Akrotiri, with its few retaurants, is within a twenty minute walk down a steep hill.
I cannot praise the staff highly enough, they are very friendly and helpful. In fact one morning whilst having breakfast ( which was excellent and filling) a tourist arrived explaining to Leftie, the waiter (terrific bloke), he was lost and asking for directions. After trying to explain how to get to his destination for 5 minutes with little success,Leftie jumped into his car for the tourist to follow to his destination. I must add Leftie did not abandon his guests.
The restaurant and pool areas are very attractive with terrific views. There is also a small gym for those who find relaxing difficult.

Date of stay: October 2015