If you are looking for a boutique, beach chic hotel, don't come to Kokkinos Villas. However, if you are looking for a privately-owned hotel, lovingly run by Antonis and his family, pristinely clean bedrooms and breathtaking views, do try Kokkinos Villas. It is based on the South of the island and we managed to get around easily by bus and by hiring a quad bike, which Antonis organised for us. There are restaurants within walking distance, including a little taverna on the beach beneath the hotel, which we loved going to as the sunsets were wonderful.
Any criticisms? Yes, breakfast could have been a little more varied and bathrooms are very basic. However, we were on a laid back beach holiday, so this really didn't bother us.
Faced with returning to a stressful job and the hum drum of daily life, I really didn't want to leave, but Antonis,caring as always, gave me a bottle of local wine to make things better. What a gem!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a fantastic panoramic view over the breathtaking Caldera, Santorini picturesque gulf with Volcano in the centre, Kokkinos Villas welcomes you with traditional Greek hospitality, in its friendly island environment. Kokkinos Villas is just like a balcony over the Caldera and the clear waters of the deep blue Aegean Sea. 21 Furnished apartments and rooms only 200 meters from the Beach. Look out over the deep blue Aegean sea, Caldera, Volcano and savour the peace and tranquillity as you give life to you most magical dreams. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Kokkinos Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kokkinos Villas Hotel Akrotiri
- Kokkinos Hotel Santorini
- Kokkinos Villas Santorini/Akrotiri, Greece