“Straitforward, good traditional greek food.”
Review of Taverna Aeolos

Taverna Aeolos
Ranked #5 of 38 Restaurants in Akrotiri
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We went to this restaurant 3 times during our stay in Santorini. Simple, straitforward greek food, without any fuss or pretension. People are friendly and the owner even explained us a recipe. Try the cheese ring in philo pastry, the grilled shrimps and, what else, the Tzatziki.

There are newer reviews for Taverna Aeolos

Reviewed July 17, 2012

The meal is very good. Very reasonable price. The views are excellent!.
The service is good, friendly staff. A very good option is you are looking for a restaurant in the south of Santorini

1  Thank A122
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had been here for lunch n liked the pasta. Very friendly staff! Good value for money.

1  Thank Rashmi n
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The best fish we found on the island with superb views and reasonable prices. Overlooks the Caldera and offers fantastic sunset views.

1  Thank PR1952
Reviewed June 22, 2012

The Aeolos Tavern has a lovely view across the bay of Fira, Oia and the Volcano Island. We chose a table to take in the view while relaxing having dinner.

We ordered a 1.5ltr Bottle water (2.00 euros) and a bottle of Mythos to start with as we were so thirsty.

We also ordered bread to start with and for the main I had Chicken Souvlaki and my partner had courgette fritters and stuffed peppers (both from the starter section).

I went to the toilets to freshen up as I was hot and dusty. The toilets here are really plush, in fact they are the best I have seen on the Island.

On my return to the table I was surprised that we had been served already. The bread had arrived without butter (the waiter seemed surprised I asked for it) and my partners meal had arrived. I had to wait a further 10 minutes for my Soulvaki to arrive, I am wondering if this was because they got confused that my partner wanted two starters as a main. My partner thinks they made a mistake and thought she pointed at the item next to the one she wanted as what came seemed to be white eggplant in cheese but she ate some of it anyway.

1  Thank GrahamUK33