Keri Village & Spa by Zante Plaza
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
Veduta(Marathias)
View Hotel
Gloria Maris Hotel(Porto Koukla)
  • Pool
Kalimera Koukla(Porto Koukla)
View Hotel
Koukla Mare Studios(Porto Koukla)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsgreek nightfree shuttle to the beachhired a carpool barrelaxing holidayminibus servicelocal beachhotel runhotel busplenty of sunbedsturtle islandsister hotelget away from it alllarge bathroomgreek dancersair concourtesy bus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed here about four weeks ago and thought it was time to write my review, it took me that long to calm down,lol. I have read the previous reviews and what a mixed bunch, some of them stayed at the same time and gave opposite thoughts. Well the truth is,food, not a lot of choice and sometimes runs out so left with salad. Pool, dead insects on the surface and filter not always on,only cleaned rarely. Room, well quite large, shower mostly cold water and similar to the pool room not cleaned every day. Television, poor reception. Minibar not stocked. Bars, very good, but sometimes ran out of certain drinks. Views, truly lovely and the local walks are a delight. Keri Lake is also lovely with some tavernas etc. The management.........well that certainly left a lot to be desired, Dimitri will not give you a direct answer to any query, it's always the Greek Governments fault or Debbie's ( his partner) fault or his classic answer to most questions, you paid little I get little so you get little. If you think this just a disgruntled Brit having a go, please see my other reviews. Do yourself a favour.........go somewhere else!!!!!

Room Tip: If you do go, send an email and ask for a pool facing room, they seem to be the best.
4  Thank Ponsaun
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We were met at the airport by Dimitri who gave us a history of the island as we drove to the hotel. Once there we met his wife Debbie who is absolutely lovely. The food was just what we like, very good local produce, home cooked and served in lovely surroundings. The manager was attentive, the staff very friendly and Debbie and Dimitri are excellent hosts and did everything they could to make our stay perfect (which it was). The hotel was clean with comfortable beds and plenty of space and the shuttles down to the lake ran regularly and reliably. There is a very nice bar where guests congregate in the evenings to chat and play cards. The lake is absolutely beautiful, one of the most scenic areas in Greece I have ever had the pleasure to visit. This was one of the most enjoyable holidays I have ever had!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank busybon_12
Reviewed May 22, 2012

i couldnt agree more about this NOT being a Benidorm style all inclusive, if you want chips and pizzas then may i suggest you carry on visiting the costa Blanca!!!
the home cooked food was lovely and authentic and the grounds/rooms and hotel in general were well kept and clean.
we had a wonderful stay and couldnt recomment it highly enough.

the pool was completely full and clean- please see picture attached.

we will be visiting again at the end of the summer, for a peaceful non-costa-blanca stay!

1  Thank 512CraigM80
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Well we have just returned from our week's stay in Keri Village Hotel and after reading the previous reviews realise that the earlier guests were extremely lucky. We were told throughout the holiday that they had no money for this, no money for that. Lucky you guests that stayed the previous week(s).
As you will no doubt see the many oh so long reviews- I had to stop reading them because it was making me feel really depressed as we have only just started 'recovering' They will get progressively worse, believe me. To begin
We were picked up from the airport by Dimitri - the 'apparent' owner. We arrived with another couple of similar age, - us being two re-cycled teenage ladies. On reception was Debbie a most charming lady but I too also fear for her sanity. We were told so many conflicting stories that it beggars belief. We were handed our key and when we asked was there someone to help us with our luggage were told they had afternoon off. After we were being taken to our room on the second floor we found it impossible to carry our cases, one of us had had recent surgery and it would not have been wise to try to lift our cases up the many steps. We asked the young 13 year old daughter if she would help and we felt extremely sad that we even had to ask. her. She left us with no instructions whatsoever. We looked around the room and realised it was in an appalling state. We had no lights at all in our bedroom, fridge was not working, tv was not working, no safe, curtains hanging off and generally in an extremely poor state. We went back to Debbie who said she would 'try' to find something else and we should go and sit by the bar and she would come out to us later. One hour later Debbie came back to say they had two rooms available but they had to be cleaned so we had to wait again for several 'hours' I kid you not then eventually she showed us to a downstairs room which we can only describe as 'a box'. By this time we had not only missed luncheon but only just made the evening meal. One portion or rice was left and nothing else, so I had nothing - little did I know this was going to be the pattern for the week.
In desperation we took this room as the other room had not even been started to be made ready and again that was on the second floor.
We had no proper wardrobe so I had to put all my clothes on the clothes airer that you use outside. Two single beds, no working tv. Air condition controller that had no batteries in, no safe, telephone but of course this was not working. At this point I do need to mention that we felt extremely vulnerable as it would have been impossible to contact anyone on reception (if there had been anyone there of course) in the case of an emergency, We just kept our fingers crossed.
On the plus side, the bathroom was perfect, except no hot water from sink tap so used the water from the bidet, which was good for doing your washing. The room was kept clean and serviced.
I could really go on and on but the later reviews reflect almost everything and we can confirm However, we do need to say please do not use the swimming pool, never once did we see it checked or cleaned properly, and things at this hotel are getting progressively worse as the days go by. Their previous guests had a good time, by all accounts, but by the time our week got there it was on a decline, again being told so many, many different stories - all in Dimitries head one guest put it, and I thought -you know what that's just right!!
We have given this review one star this is because the location is just amazing, the complex itself will be stupendous when this couple get it right. They are no good at marketing - have opened far too soon and had they just taken more attention to the obvious things, pool, food - and of course have sufficient funding to continue through the season. Our reviews, had they done this, would have been brilliant and they would have been full for the rest of the year. We really could not believe what the previous week's guests were saying. We had chicken and rice, practically every day, same sweet and the waiter, have to given him a title, folks, anyhow he followed everyone around making sure only one spoonful of food was taken. He wore the same dirty jeans all week and his tops, well I will not mention that. By the way, did I mention the dinner plates were the size of side plates? Just thought I would add that. I have lost a stone because I seriously could not eat their food. The Greek Night was non-existent and when we asked why Dimitri said they had no money left as they had spent in all on the previous weeks night. Bad marketing or what? Also there is one toilet for disabled by reception but this is for both male and females and the general use, Could not see any other toilet facilities in the main building. This meant you would always have to go back to your room, not sure about this at all.
Good luck to those poor souls who have booked in this week, we know you will need all your strengths and character to get through. Unfortunately you become so reliant on being taken anywhere that you sometimes lose the will to even ask. If you are reading this you three lovely Polish girls, enjoy the shocked expressions of the new comers and report when you get home. We only got through the week because of the marvellous support of our fellow guests - thanks so much guys we did really have a laugh - but I ask myself was it hysteria? By the way Dimitri will you please stop screaming at your staff!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank PamelaElizabeth
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I travelled with my partner to what i thought was a lovely hotel at first appearances.. Ok the apartment was clean. But the pool was dirty and was not cleaned regularly or filled to the top.

Others had not had there towels or sheets changed for days!!

The food was basic for all inclusive, no fruit at breakfast only cornflakes, toast,bread, yoghurt, and some kind of sausages or cooked salami meat and something that resembled a scrambled egg mess.

The Dinner and evening meals varied from ok to good, still limited choice, only one dessert and drinks were limited unless you wanted to pay.

The only thing that keep me sane was going down to the beach a couple of miles away and eating out with some better choice of food.

Very disappointed what a let down for an all inclusive holiday, saved hard for this, me and my partner were glad to get home.

4  Thank Steve T