Despite not everything is great about this place, I love it, because it is so beautiful!
We spent a week in this resort in the beginning of February with our little twin boys. We were welcomed very warmly and were explained everything. We booked a deluxe suite which was simply great. We liked it very much. It was so comfortable and furnished with such great but simple taste. The design of suite as well as the whole resort are was very beautiful and we felt very good and welcomed in this place.
You can see the suites at hotel web page but the reality is much better. I loved so much the bathroom connected with openair shower on one side and closets and bedroom on the other side. I liked the whole suite - in my opinion it is much better than for example Four Seasons Provence suites, that are of similar nature.
The other great thing about suite is the little pool. It is fantastic to refresh in the hot day and for kids.
I love eating so we ate a lot and tried many items from all menus. We ate a lot in the room with babies and loved the room service. It was great, perfectly served etc. We also ate in both restuarants and were very satisfied. We really enjoyed. We have some objections with respect to breakfest service but in general it was more than acceptable. The bar was also OK.
With respect to our twin babies, you can imagine it is quite difficult to travel with them but EVERYBODY in the hotel was so tolerant and helpful with respect to our kids.
From the negative side, the hotel is little pricey. I would say it is more pricey than it would be acceptable, even when taking into account what a great place it is. To be honest, the beach is poor. But you do not need to spend your days on the beach: you can use for access to water and for sun bathing the pier on the other side. It is much more interesting. You can also use beautiful pool, or to make some kiting.
The hotel is in quite isolated area and you definitely need a car. That is for sure. (We rented big SUV and enjoyed.) But this is ok for me. I dont want being in the beach for whole day and than going in the evening around the sea and try many same restaurants full of tourists. This place is much more interesting and exclusive. And with car, you have so many possibilities for restaurants, beaches, plantages, rhum factories and other attractions if you want to see somethning new. Then, I am sure, you will definitely love being back in this beautiful place.
I need also emphasize that (despite I doubted in the beginning) I loved so much the windy atlantic coast of Martinique. It is so fresh and clean and so
I believe that the selection of location only completes the exclusive nature of this resort, so different from cariibean (west coast) resorts. It has its own charm and atmosphere!
I want to come back :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A garden of Eden: luxury, relation, well-being! On Martinique's eastern coast, between Le Francois and Le Vauclin, 16 miles from the international airport. 50 Suites for day-to-day and dream living, over 18 villas. 2 restaurants (lagoon and a la carte), lounge-bar, meeting room, large swimming pool, white sand beach, Spa in exclusive partnership with Guerlain, Kite surfing, day trip motor boating, windsurfing, little catamarans, tennis court, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Cap Est Lagoon Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Cap Est Lagoon Resort And Spa
- Le Cap Est Lagoon Hotel Le Francois
- Le Cap Est Lagoon Resort & Spa Martinique/Le Francois