Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Booking.com$74
Priceline$74
Travelocity$106
1,222 results
All reviews sri lanka seafood restaurant swimming pool indian ocean hotel management sea view tuk tuk live band welcome drink curry beautiful beach room boy restaurant staff front office delicious food ruchira garden
Selected filters
Reviewed March 6, 2020 via mobile

Sadly we were only here for a week. I was apprehensive as normally we stay in 5*. However, the staff we met made the experience here wonderful.
From the moment we arrived, we felt welcomed. Amanda from front of house showed us to our room and provided us with info for our stay. Throughout our stay she engaged with us daily, always smiling and helpful, sharing info to ensure we had a great time.
Food.....as all inc., we enjoyed this and the typical buffet style. Sri Lankan curries also on offer. Vegetarian options were great even though we are not vegetarian. Thoroughly enjoyable.
The bar provided a welcome break in the middle of the day from the heat. Amali in particular was exceptional in her service. Again a great smile with a good sense of humour. She works hard and is a great asset to the hotel.
The Pool....the guys here are great and cannot do enough for you. Again a smile always.
Housekeeping...excellent. Not an easy job in this humidity but we always returned to a clean room with fresh towels often dressed as crocodiles, swans etc.
The building...main areas are fresh and inviting. The rooms are clean it in need of some updating. Doors rather than just paint. Bathrooms are are small but modern and serviceable.
If you've read this far, you will see it is an honest review of a hotel with great customer service. Amanda is your point of contact in our opinion!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Management_CFH, Assistant Manager (Sales & Marketing) at The Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2020

Dear Guest,
Highly appreciate your time taken in sharing the nice experience at The Palms. Trust you had some pleasing times at our picturesque beaches by the Palms. Your genuine comment is being shared with our team at the hotel and pretty sure that the feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Wish to see you again soon
Kind regards

Reviewed February 23, 2020

At the age of 48 I ventured on my first solo holiday and chose Sri Lanka. I booked the Palms Hotel without knowing much about the area, but intended to explore. I was not disappointed in the whole experience. Every single memberb of staff at the hotel were so friendly and looked after me with such xare and personal attention. I cannot understand the negative reviews on here but everyone has their mown expectations. Mine are simple. Great location, good food and good treatment. I got all of this and more on my holiday. The food at the hotel was just what I wanted. I even became vegetarian when I got home as theses dishes were so good at the Palms. Nothing was too much trouble, even down to having my favourite drink and warm water bowl, for finger dipping, waiting for me at my table each evening. The trips were amazing and on a one to one basis through my tour company and these were amazing experiences. I will certainly be back in Sri Lanka and look forward to seeing all of the friendly faces at the Palms once again

Date of stay: December 2019
Management_CFH, Assistant manager - Sales & Marketing / Communications at The Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2020

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the heart whelming comment upon your valued stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our loving guests. Your genuine comment is being shared with our team at the hotel and pretty sure that the feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcome you soon in near future.
Assistant manager - Sales & Marketing / Communications

Reviewed February 17, 2020 via mobile

We stayed in the large family suite over looking the pool. The room was huge and nice with timber floors and large balcony over the pool and with beach view. Beach is quite nice for kids and the walk along the beach. There are couple of bars around the hotel, the staff at the small bar in the foyer area are not very friendly. We had the breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet and i would rate the food as average compared to other hotels in Sri Lanka. Variety and standard of food can be improved. Pool is nice and big and a separate kids pool. A lot of space for lying around in the shaded areas. Pool staff are very helpful

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank startravel01

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your valued feedback with us following your recent stay. It is our pleasure to notice that you have had a pleasing stay with us. Many of our guests highly endorse and recommend the culinary experience offered by us but we truly regret to note that you have felt other wise. However, we have taken your comment constructively and will be looking in to enhancing the same. Please visit us again as we look forward to offering you a far better experience in your next stay with us.
Assistant manager - Sales & Marketing / Communications

Reviewed February 11, 2020

Great suite, great food, & great service. Great beach hotel with a beautiful beach, garden & restaurant. The suite room was beautiful too. We had such an amazing time. We will surely return one day! :-)

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed February 5, 2020 via mobile

Probably an OK hotel except the disco on the beach kept us awake all night. Still going as I write this at 6.47am!

Avoid this place if you want to sleep at night. Come if you want to party all night

Fortunately we only stayed for one night. I was informed that the police had been called but I doubt this. I suspect that hotel management have a financial interest in the disco

Date of stay: February 2020