Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Snaptravel
View deal
StayForLong
Hotels.com
1,202 results
All reviews sri lanka lobby area swimming pool indian ocean hotel management sea view welcome drink curry set menu tasty food house keeping restaurant staff front office garden ruchira buffet boys
Selected filters
Reviewed May 24, 2019 via mobile

The perfect destination by the beach with some great food and connectivity to the city. The sea food speciality restaurant is a must visit as the food is quite delicious there. The staff is very welcoming and the bar has a wide variety of drinks and cocktails. The rooms are nice and compact and they staff never refused to cater to my needs, on special request they also made some tasty Indian food for me. The swimming pool is the highlight of this property while there are also other entertainment facilities like a pool table, beach volleyball and table tennis and if you're a fitness freak you can always hit their well equipped gym.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Management_CFH, Resident Manager at The Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2019

Dear Dev

First and foremost I would like to thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us .

We do regret the inconvenience caused during your stay with us .I do assure you that we always strive to maintain the highest level of standards .Your constructive feedback is highly appreciated and we have investigated on all areas mentioned by you and corrective measures have been taken.
Once again thank you for your valuable comments for our betterment .
Thank you.
Warm regards,
Ruchira Karunarathne.

Reviewed May 19, 2019

I spent a night at The Palms with my extended family in May 2019. Service was excellent, with staff happily accommodating menu requests - in particular, hoppers at breakfast! The pool area is large, rooms are well kept and spacious, if a little dated. This hotel has a gym with a range of dumbbells, treadmills, and a few resistance machines. The hotel is right on the beach front, but the red flag was up the day we were there, as the sea was rough, so we weren't able to venture there. The hotel was not very busy at all - I appreciated the resulting attentive service, as well as the quiet, but realise this was due to the recent Easter Sunday attacks in Colombo, and the impact that has had on tourism in Sri Lanka overall. Overall, the hotel's highlights are its attentive staff and its beautiful layout (water features and ponds with real goldfish!)

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Management_CFH, Resident Manager at The Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2019

Dear Guest.
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at The Palms, Beruwala.

We appreciate your encouraging comments on our services and facilities. We will certainly convey your gratitude to our staff for their hospitable service.

Whilst thanking you for sharing your positive feedback and we look forward to having you with us back again.
Warm Regards

Reviewed May 15, 2019

Came for a couple of days with family from London. Had a lovely time staff so accommodating and helpful go out if their way to ensure our comfort. The food is also excellent and served with beautiful presentation. We will definitely be coming back!

Dear Guest

Once again thank you for your valuable comments for our betterment .
Thank you.
Warm regards,
Ruchira Karunarathne.

Reviewed May 10, 2019 via mobile

Would like to state that only the property is worthwhile to stay. Rooms are big and clean. Massive property in serene surroundings. Dont expect anything else. It will lead to utter disappointment.
The staff is not at all friendly. No smile on their faces. Absolutely stone faced. Instead of asking if we are comfortable , or if food is an issue or whether we require anything during our 3 night stay. We were asked only the last day in the morning if our stay was comfortable. I mean the hotel was absolutely empty. Only merely 3 -4 rooms were occupied because of the untoward incident in Colombo. They could have treated us specially and made us feel at home.
Imagine not being asked for 3 whole days if anything needed.
We stayed in Sri Lanka for 12 nights. We had been treated in all hotels very very well. The hospitality in all other hotels was par excellence.All the hotels had low occupancy. But that did not deter their treatement towards us. Infact hotels went out of their way to make some food items for us. They were also very friendly and spoke to us. Infact told us that they were so happy and grateful that we did not cancel our trip unlike other numerous guests and that we are warmly welcome and will make our stay comfortable.
Such hospitality is well remembered and cherished.

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor .

We wish to thank you for your constructive feedback. We also do regret that there were certain aspects of your stay with us which did not have a positive impact on your holiday experience. All aspects highlighted by you on service and product have been taken note of and looked into.

Once again we thank you for taking time to write to us and we certainly hope to have you with us again.

Thank you .

Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

My tour Advisor kept my family in this hotel instead of originally planned Hotel Kingsbury. The rooms are good, cozy. The vegetarian food was okay. The only drawback with the hotel management is that they had too many bouncers moving in cafeteria suspiciously watching all Indians. I felt it as an insult. Why do you need bouncers to keep a watch on customers? Secondly the bearers were rude. When I asked for spoons, I was instructed to go to a particular table to fetch but they refused to bring. Once I went to get Roti at buffet spread, they were over, I went to Chef who to prepare and requested him to kindly give me one Roti. I was the only one to demand & was standing in front of him. He prepared but flatly refused to put it in my plate, instead put it into the container where Rotis were supposed to be kept. I feel sorry for these types of attitudes. God save customers

Date of stay: April 2019

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor .

Thank you .