Hotel Klonos Anna
Hotel Rastoni(Aegina Town)(Great Value!)
$92
Aegina Hotel(Aegina Town)(Great Value!)
$50
Hotel Klonos(Aegina Town)
  • Pool
Hotel Avra(Aegina Town)
Agoda.com
All reviewsnice poolfamily run hotelplace to staywithin walking distanceswimming poolsea viewtaxitown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I had higher expectations for this place due to all the great reviews it got, but it didn't live up to the reviews.

Pros: Not a ridiculous price (60E), beautiful public sitting/eating areas, good pool and outdoor area. The owners are very pleasant and helpful and prompt. We arrived early, at 9am, and thankfully our room was ready which was great because I needed to SLEEP!!! Breakfast is provided. Location is not bad; just a ten minute walk to the port and town.

Cons: The room was old and shabby. The bathroom was tiny and the door didn't open all the way; it hit the toilet. There was a bad smell in the bathroom; it smelled like the sewage backed up into the toilet or something. There were ants on the floor because the previous people staying in the room had food and the food crumbs were still on the floor. I asked for the staff to remop/sweep the floor and they did promptly. Breakfast was just ok.

Net net, I probably would not stay here again and look for a slightly more modern hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights. The first day the room was cleaned, but the bathroom was not provided with soaps etc.
The next day the room was not cleaned.
However, the breakfast was impressive and on time.
Spending time at the island was great experience. The local people are very helpful and very nice.

Room Tip: Do not pre-book unless you see what you are paying for. What appears on the web can be very different what it is in reality. If you have to pre-book then only book for a night only and then shop around. You will always find accommodation.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nullifying N
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed at the Klonos Anna for 2 weeks in July and had a wonderful holiday. Thanks to Christos, Anna, Martina , Maria and little Anna ..' the family'.As many reviewers have listed the hotel and pool is spotless, the rooms cleaned daily towels and sheets changed a few times each week. The breakfast is served in a sunny room overlooking the pool area with a selection of fresh fruit, breads, pastries. cold meats, cheese and cereal. in addition a small selection of hot food such as bacon and poached eggs.

The rooms do have air conditioning but it was very hot during our last few days ...42 degrees so the room was warm - but we had a nice balcony to sit overlooking the sea for early morning sunrise

the hotel is slightly out of the port area - its a 10 min walk a taxi is 3.50 euro so not too expensive.I would get a taxi if you arrive in the heat of the day. the taxi rank is easy to spot as you get off the boat or 'dolphin'

The beaches close by are not great we prefer the pool but a bus ride away takes you to better beaches - ask Anna she will let you know

There are lots of taverna's in the port area, an average meal with a few starters to share and a main course with a beer about 10 - 15 euro each or the kebab ( gyros) 2.50 euros our favourite cafe was behind the main church a nice outside eating area selling kebabs to watch the many comings and goings of mopeds and families. The hotel has a reasonable lunch menu which is handy for a day around the pool, there are a few places to visit on the island if you spend a few days, we hired a car fir the day and also went to Athens, 'The family' helped us find a hotel and even rang for us. Nothing was too much trouble.

Its a relaxing hotel where you can sit and chat, play cards or have a night cap. The town does have a few livelier bars and the port is busy along the front in the evening, having an open air cinema mainly English films if you get the chance

all in all it was a great holiday and we would highly recommend the Klonos Anna they genuinely care that you enjoy your holiday and we look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Debbiels
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Aegina is a beautiful Island. My favorite thing had to be the people. So many friendly people to talk to and learn from. Hotel Klonos Anna was by far the supreme example of hospitality. Anna and her daughter Martina were always there, ready to help with whatever we needed. Seriously I am not sure if they ever sleep! They were able to recommend beaches and restaurants, and other activities to do while we stayed in Aegina (4 1/2 days)

They have a very nice pool with a kiddie area which was good since my 2 1/2 year old was with us. The rooms were very spacious with a big closet, although not many drawers, but we made due just fine. The bathroom was clean and a decent size as well. We had a balcony that overlooked the ocean and it was lovely sitting out there and enjoying the view. The breakfast had a large selection of cereals, eggs, yogurt and fruit.

I just need to express again how we were treated like Family. Martina's daughter (also named Anna) became friends with my daughter Emily. They kept asking for each other throughout the trip. So needless to say My husband and I became very close with the Klonos Anna Family. Emily was treated like one of their own and felt very comfortable. She actually called the hotel her home, which says a lot. I had tears in my eyes as I left this hotel. This is a beautiful loving warm family and I highly recommend getting to know them when you stay at this hotel (which you should!)

One thing to note, the hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the Port. The time was fine, The hotel was not in the port, so its nice and quiet. The walk made me a bit nervous at times because some of the road is very dark with no overhead lights, and there are no sidewalks for some of the walk. I was assured that the island was very safe, and we did not have one problem while we walked, but I was nervous about cars/ scooters not seeing us. Obviously I'm typing this and I'm fine, but just keep eyes and ears open, especially if you decide to walk with your luggage or if you have young children you should carry them.

The 2 closest beaches are pretty tiny and not all that pretty if you plan on spending a long day at the beach. We went to 3 beaches while in Aegina. All of them needed to be driven to. We took cabs since we didn't want to drive. Cab $ wasn't bad. if you only took 2 cabs a day it was less then renting a car for the day.

3 beaches I recommend are:
Marathonos: closest beach to hotel, about 10 minutes in a cab. You can eat at one of the restaurants (I recommend Ammos) and they'll give you a lounge chair free. Water is very calm, and sand is good for kids.

Moni Island: Take a cab to Perdika (about 15 minutes, and Perdika has great restaurants) where you will take a ferry to Moni Island. Once there you have 1 option for a place to eat, and you rent your chairs/umbrella, but wow the view is incredible. Bring water shoes, as there are lots of rocks

Agia Marina: We visited the Temple of Alphia in the morning (about 20/25 minutes in cab) and walked down to the beach after (its a bit of a downhill hike so not for those who have trouble walking) Agia Marina is the largest of the beaches with sandy areas and rocks as well (so bring water shoes) you rent the chairs/umbrellas and can order food right in your seat. Also lots of fun restaurants and shops in that area.

If you don't want to take a long ferry and want to really experience where the locals vacation (which is what I wanted) I highly recommend Aegina and definitely go to Klonos Anna when you visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank hollydc13
Reviewed June 2, 2013

With my family I stayed here for the weekend and we had a very good time. The hotel is very clean and I found a smooth and fast internet connection. the swimming pool area is very nice and clean. The pool area is shared with the neighbouring hotel (Hotel Klonos) and the inexisting "separation line" can lead to some misunderstandings.
The owners proved to be helpful and friendly. The hotel is about 1km from town center of Aegina, but it's still walking distance. , pool area is shared with neighbouring hotel and "separation line" can lead to misunderstandings

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family