TUI Family Life Orquidea
$72
Travelocity
Tres Vidas(Bahia Feliz)
1,920 results
All reviewssplit levelkids clubentertainment teamthomson staffthomson familypool areael sultanevening entertainmentsnack barkids buffetgreat holidayplenty of choicechocolate fountainsummer holidaysbusy hoteltapas restaurantchildren aged
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a week in November. We were all inclusive and food was very good. Special carvery meat was excellent. Weather was great but a bit windy at times. Only a very small beach but plenty of sun beds by the pool.for a peaceful and relaxing holiday this is a good place to go.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maria R
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Had a good week in Nov 2013
Couldn't fault it
Only minor problem was that Bahia Feliz is a lot windier than resorts further along the coast
Went to the Taurito Princess, farther on down the coast last Jan and out of the two locations, preferred the Taurito
If you like to laze around on a sandy beach all day which is yards away from your hotel, then pick this one

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paul r
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel to visit with children. We went in mid November 2013 with our 2 year old daughter and had a lovely time. The hotel has a couple of playground areas, good kids pool, kids buffet area in the restaurant, ramps everywhere so no problems with pushchairs and evening entertainment for children from 7:30pm (kids disco, shows etc). There is a separate baby room, which has a cot, books, a tv etc. We didn't use it much, but I imagine it would be very useful if travelling with a younger child as it provides somewhere to feed, a safe quiet area etc.
Transfer time from the airport is very short, 20 mins approx.
The food in the restaurant was very good given that it was a buffet, and there were plenty of highchairs.
Staff were all friendly and the communal areas were clean, and the room was a good standard. I was worried as most of the standard rooms are split level and I was concerned our daughter might fall, but ours wasn't (it was a room with an arched roof on one of the staggered top floors, if I was to go again with a toddler I would ask for one of these).
Directly opposite the hotel is a small commercial area, with a few restaurants and shops. There is a small supermarket opposite, and a larger one a couple of minutes walk away so no problems to buy nappies etc when away. The beach is a couple of minutes walk away at the back of the hotel, not a great beach as black sand (as expected) but ok. There isn't much else around, but we got a taxi to Playa del Ingles which was less than 10 Euros, and there are other areas to visit a short taxi ride away.
The only thing I would have changed is more English speaking guests there as it would have been nice for our daughter to speak to other children - the vast majority of guests were Swedish. It also meant the evening entertainment was geared towards the Swedish speaking guests, which was not an issue but perhaps would be with older kids. I heard that in the summer peak season Thomson run a kids club and do the entertainment etc, so it might just be because we were off season.
Overall, a great holiday which I would really recommend when travelling with children. I would personally avoid if I wasn't with children, but there were separate areas in the restaurant which were adults only and different swimming pools so you can find more peaceful areas if you want to.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank 81MrsS
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in end of August/september 2013. We went with our 5 month year old son. First night couldn't sleep because we went to bed early and the noise from the entertainment was really loud! The second night and all other nights we watched the entertainment and my son slept in his pram all the way through!! We were very lucky.
Overall great holiday mainly due to the entertainment !! There was a Middle Aged man and his son that worked at the hotel and they were the best ever, they kept the entertainment going all week it was a great. THe apparent' beach' was disappointing though as you have to pay for a subbed on the beach?? Terrible. To make it simpler for people I will do a fee bullet points

Good for

-location to the airport, I was relieved we were getting off the bus transfer first as it was a cramped flight-
-kids entertainment
-baby room outside making it easier for mums with younger children
-kept clean-it's not a grotty hotel
-helpful friendly staff
-Thomson reps friendly & helpful
-variety of food-good quality aswell . Lots of meat/fish and not just stodgy food. Selection of cheeses,array of deserts , evens seperate children's food area . Lots of space to sit.
-buffet breakfast,lunch & dinner
-variety of drinks (local) the beer is a bit weak tho, but you can drink as much as you want-tastes like kronengurg
-rooms are clean and bright and basic but everything we needed
-baby cot nice and big and room for hanging clothes
-television wit channels for kids
-balcony with lovely view over sea!
-plenty of poolside entertainment and selection of evening entertainment
-typical British family holiday
-super hot weather(with a wind it can be deceiving)

Not good for

-a luxury stay
-couples
- long stay
-sandy beach
-not much outside the hotel to explore, you would need to get a bus €2 from across the flyover or a taxi average €8 .....

Overall great! But wouldn't stay again as I like change and not enough going on outside the hotel for me to stay again. Grew choice for a family holiday if they want entertainment as you just want to lay by the pool and eat and drink and not do much. If you want to explore the place it's not an ideal place to stay it's too far out from the main attractions.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Nessacaine
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I've stayed there for a christmas december 2012, a couple with 3 years old boy. Wasn't that bad but there is more negative things that I wouldnt go there again. That was my first time in Gran Canaria so I didn't know anything really. I would never go there firstly because of location!After 2 day we hired car and drove everyday near Puerto Rico and beautiful beach Amadores, where there is many thi gs to do, boats to Puerto Mogan..etc Weather near Bahia Faliz where is Orhidea Hotel was all most every day windy and cooler when on the west south where is Amadores, PuertoRico was sunny, warmer and not windy (mountains around). Hotel quality average, rooms didn't liked, bathroom awfull. Very good were shows , entertainment, my Son loved it, but otherwise nothing else.Pools - heated ...??but so cold, kids club not for english on december only vrom Sweden and somwehere else..I would not reccomended, go to better location. We are going in 2 weeks time to Gran Canaria -this time Amadores, next to Amadores beach, the most beautiful there and I know already this time will be a great holiday:)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family