TUI Family Life Orquidea
Monte Feliz(Bahia Feliz)
Side Shore(Maspalomas)
Average 3/5
  • Pool
Sun Club Aguila Playa(Playa del Ingles)
    Vista Golf(Maspalomas)
    • Bar/Lounge
    • Beachfront
    1,906 results
    All reviewssplit levelkids clubentertainment teamthomson staffthomson familypool areael sultanevening entertainmentsnack barkids buffetgreat holidayplenty of choicechocolate fountainsummer holidaysbusy hoteltapas restaurantchildren aged
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed here for a week myself,partner and son who is five.Perfect get away for some sunshine and family time!
    Cant fault anything at all.Place lovley n clean.Very buzy tho.Food first class plenty choice.Always hot.Plenty for fussy kids.Thompson entertainers were fantastic.Rossi Essex and Silly milly.
    100% reccomend this holiday :-) X

• Stayed: May 2013
    1  Thank smilestopmoaning
    Reviewed May 25, 2013

We have stayed in a lot of Thomson/ first choice hotels as couples and as a family but this definitely needs to be re-rated as not 4 star.
    On arrival we were shocked at how bad the rooms were the bed was so basic and the stairs !!! Come on its a family hotel. We were lucky to have the room cleaned during the day, twice the cleaner knocked at 5pm asking if we would like the room done bit late in the day! We expected a pool view but looked onto trees near the entertainment and building work.
    All inclusive I have never seen anything like it, literally like feeding time at the zoo! Absolute chaos and I don't speak that great Spanish but all the restaurant staff saying what pigs people were made me feel very uncomfortable. Same at night getting drinks from the bar some very rude staff and not to mention the grumpy receptionist.
    Entertainment was okay. Rossy Essex and Silly Millie I hope you find a better class hotel next year as your talent is truly wasted in this resort. T time live was suppose to start 8pm but starts at 8.20pm songs are all the same from previous years.
    The pool area is okay except towels, 10 euro deposit per towel (rag) and can only change twice a week if they have any.
    The tavern on the sea I think was only put there to get there 4 star rating as well as the spa.
    The girls in crèche Danni and Sam do a fantastic job but could do with better crèche facilities not stuck in a 1st floor room.
    The food surprisingly was very good for all inclusive but everything else lets the hotel down. We read the reviews before going and went with our instinct but we were very wrong and were glad to be home after 10 days.
    I think this hotel really to be re-classed as 3 star or some major refurbishment in place to class as 4 star, we will definitely not go back we have been to gran canaria 3 times and this will be our last.

Room Tip: Ask for room as far away as possible from entertainment
    3  Thank green22scotland
    Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed here with my husband and 2 year old son, the entertainment team are fantastic as are the two girls from the crèche Dani and Sam. The rooms however could do with a really good revamp, I've never seen anything like the beds/bedding before....2 beds pushed together as usual but had a little mattress topper on, 3 steep steps in the room from the beds to the sitting area (not good for little ones) the landings of every floor could do with a good scrub, black scuff marks all over. Food was nice plenty choice, as well as a children's section, always cooking fresh food, there are more shops/restaurants outside the hotel then I'd expected after reading the reviews. Booking a late check out room - you have to go to reception on the morning and get your card reactivated, we didn't know this had to be done and really panicked that we couldn't get back in our room lol, but Sam the Thomson rep got it sorted ASAP for us. All in all really good FAMILY holiday, I think this hotel might have been a 4* previously but would say its a 3* now, they are also building a new baby and toddlers room which will be really good, we weren't told about the building work, but it never bothered us one bit. The hotel is a very short coach ride from airport.....bonus! Did enjoy and didn't want to come home :-) .............the spa is a must do!!!!!

Room Tip: Request a quiet room if have little ones for bed time, music doesn't stop till midnight.
    1  Thank Mini_Tinker
    Reviewed May 24, 2013

Firstly I'll get the bad stuff out the way (which is minimal). The only disappointment was that the cleaner stole one of my wife's dresses when cleaning the room. The Hotel Manager was totally unsympathetic and basically said it's your word over the cleaner's (which the Customer Care Rep agreed with, not caring!), rubbish!

Right now the good stuff (of which there is loads!). The food was fantastic! Catering for adults and children and even specialist dietary needs such as; gluten free foods. The food choices we're endless and available throughout most of the day including fast food, ice creams and ice lollies.

The entertainment by the whole Thomson team (both adults & kids) was fantastic! Special shout out to Rossi Essex, Silly Millie who where both great with the kids and gave it all with the adult events throughout the day + night! Especially water polo (even though we beat the Reps :-P). I could not praise the Entertainment Reps enough as they were amazing and even waved everyone goodbye when we all left, which I thought was a nice touch.

The pools opened at 09:00 and closed at 19:00 and were clean and fairly warm with sun beds always available, towels were also available to hire at pool side if needed.

The beach was good with some of it pebbled and also a small sand section.

There a few shops nearby and also within the hotel for any little bits your might need and also a local bus service a road away where you can travel to the local shopping centre or to other place over the island.

Forgot to mention the weather was great!! A couple of cloudy days but nothing to cry about like some people do on these sites!!

To sum it all up both myself and my family had a fantastic time and a great Holiday, I would 100% recommend this resort!

Chris, from Kent

Room Tip: You're best requesting a room higher than the first floor, which the Hotel staff are happy to accomodate as you get a fantastic view of the pool and sea. We were on the 5 floor with amazing views!
    Reviewed May 24, 2013

I recently returned from a week's stay at the Orquidea Hotel in Bahia Feliz. The first thing I wish to tell you all is to not believe any of the bad reviews, chances are they visited the hotel between October and May, the hotel does not cater for visitors unless they are Scandanavian at these times of the year. Any way, back to business ... this hotel is absolutely amazing and there is nothing that I can fault. I will forever praise Thomson for their amazing hospitality, every member of staff is able to speak at least small amounts of English and therefore you will have no trouble finding the answers to any of your queries/questions. Staff are always there to help, additionally the value for money you receive is incredible! Having never purchased an all inclusive package we weren't sure of what to expect, imagine this ... unlimited food and drink at your disposal all day long, what more could you ask for? I really will never understand the negative reviews of this hotel. The rooms themselves do vary slightly depending on the size, we were in a family suite, the beds were comfy and airy meaning that you never got too hot in the night, we also had two balconies!! I noticed a number of people were complaining about having no English Television, do you really travel all that way to watch TV? Never the less, we did have English television, including BBC One and Disney Channel. There was also a small fridge, we received one bottle of complimentary water and unlimited complimentary tea bags, milk, sugar and coffee for your morning needs should you not want to visit the breakfast restaurant. The overall cleanliness of the hotel was excellent, cleaners would attend your room every day and the beds would be made at least 4 times a week, depending on your preferences. This really is a clean and safe hotel, I could not have asked for more! We had a two year old little boy with us and he was so welcomed and safe, it was such a relief! Kids clubs, creches and constant daytime and evening activities are provided, the staff never stop and they really could not do enough for us! Many people worry about this being such a family oriented hotel but they shouldn't, go as a couple and you WILL fit in! There are countless sunbeds for you to lounge on, three pools and pool tables for entertainment and this is just the pool area! The entertainment provided is excellent, both in the daytime and the evening, the travel 'reps' participate with the children and the adults! There are a range of activities varying from sports to bingo! The overall location of the hotel is very good, a bazaar is located just across the road with supermarkets, shops, restaurants and an arcade. Everything else has to be located by a bus/taxi or on an excursion with Thomson. Don't let this put you off, the taxi's are DIRT CHEAP! I highly recommend Aqualand if you have children! I should also mention the food, the meals are varied every single day, I often found myself waiting in anticipation as I was excited to see what I would be eating! Don't worry, if you don't fancy a hot meal at lunchtime there is also a small bar buffet offering salads, sandwiches, hotdogs, pizza and burgers! In the evening there is a bar located outside of the restaurant, also located here is a flat screen TV showing the evening's football, so all you football fanatics will not miss your beloved teams match!

Now I would like to offer some advice:
    - TAKE FACTOR 50 SUNTAN LOTION, chances are ... you WILL need it. The sun may not feel that hot, but believe me it is!
    - Get sun loungers located away from the pool, these are the less busy areas and it will not be as noisy.

Please do not listen to the awful reviews, this is a true account of what the hotel was really like. I hope to be returning in August, I absolutely LOVED by stay here and would recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Room Tip: Rooms on floor 7 and upwards have the best sea views, below that you are less likely to have such a view.
    1  Thank _dannijones9