I can't say anything bad about the hotel itself, but the visitors perhaps. Yes, alot of children, no peace and quiet, just screaming kids and their stressed parents. BUT if you can look past that (which I could after a couple of days after getting used to it) I liked this place very much.
- Did not see a single cockroach, which was a big plus since I hate them.
- View from the balcony was great. Was at 8th floor.
- Breakfast selection was awesome. You could have a different looking plate every day for weeks, I think.
- Staff was very friendly, you could not go past the maid without her saying a heartly hola.
- Beds really comfy.
The stuff to whine about is not so important but let's write it here anyway:
- REALLY strange smell in the lobby. It was like incense or something. Disliked it very much. Might be only now at christmas time though, since I don't remember it from when I was there in 2005.
- Bahia Feliz is really really windy. Easy to catch a cold, so if you're off for some walking in the beach make sure you have a jacket or something with you.
- Flies everywhere. They land on you and won't leave if you blow at them, since they're used to the strong wind, haha.
- Shops around here... Well. Some better and some not so good. Most of them have the same stuff. Best shop for clothes was one owned by some chinese people, very friendly and liked the stuff in there. Note on cosmetics: be sure not to forget anything back home. I spent days looking for regular hair pins and couldn't find them at any shop. Untill one day. The makeup shelves were really dirty and foundations etc. looked like they had gone old a long time ago. Bacteria warning.
- Some restaurants. Best were the chinese ones, and the cheapest too. So them I recommend. But some of the spanish ones, their owners just wouldn't let you walk by, they tried to pull you in and sit you in a table without asking anything and almost got mad if you didn't come. Also the spanish restaurants were much more expensive than the chinese ones.
I think it's a good place, especially for kids. Many swedes. Perhaps not the place for you if you're looking for good nights sleep and quietness. And definetly not for a romantic kinda holiday, I mean really romantic. Kids and romantic doesn't fit in the same sentence
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your TUI Family Life Orquidea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- TUI Family Life Orquidea Bahia Feliz, Gran Canaria