Lovely place, I can't understand what the bad reviews are about, they had 3 meals a day downstairs with the option of chips, Burgers and Hot dogs at lunch. The rooms were basic, but clean all the same. It had a TV, and was air conditioned with a balcony and It was cleaned daily. The pool was very big, with an outside eating area, sunbeds and lovely music that'll have you all dancing a long at the end of it! My only complaint about the pool area was through no fault of their own and it would be the wasps. Short walk to a little town and small beach, but very relaxing. The bar was well staffed too. The entertainment crew was great, but I have heard that unfortunately some of them are leaving. It was fairly lonely around there but there were buses going to Mahon, cheap and regular. The place overall was a very big place and catered well for different languages. There was Internet available at reception, Mini golf, mini club (For kids), A children's playground, Tennis courts, football courts and a multi-purpose court. I personally didn't see a bouncy castle or trampoline, and didn't go into the fitness suite.We had a go on the Yellow Catamarans in the port mahon, and the fish's were a magnificent sight! At Grupotel, like most all inclusive's, we had to wear a band and I advise you to keep moving it up and down your arm whilst sun bathing, or you are most likely to get a sun tan line :L Taxi's were €15! Lovely beach in son bou with sunbeds available to hire (2 sunbeds and umbrella for €17), Banana boats and slide pedalos which were AMAZING! Although if you are going on a Banana boat, close your mouth and hold you nose when turning a corner!!! Overall a great place, and I recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southeastern part of Menorca, 200m from Cala Canutells beach, 13 km from Mahon. Well equipped terraced rooms, excellent views. Low-rise buildings, surrounded by extensive gardens. Particularly attractive for families. Studios & Apartments: kitchen, sat-TV, terrace or balcony, living room with sofas bed. Sport & Leisure: Swimming pool, children´s pool. tennis courts. Gym. Minigolf. Miniclub. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet. Lounge & Pool bar with terrace. Services: Babysitting service. Car rental. Bicycles. Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Grupotel Mar de Menorca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Mar De Menorca Hotel Cala Canutells
- Grupotel Mar De Menorca Cala Canutells, Spain