We have just returned from a week here; we booked this as a last minute CHEAP break, and we got what we expected. The rooms were basic but clean, had TV and Air Con; no problems at all with the showers. Decor a bit tired could do with a lick of paint.
I read a lot of reviews pre going and so was a bit anxious however i had no real need to be. The food was good, what you expect from an all inclusive, there was always food avaliable and plenty of it. We read about food being bad, this was not the case, people need to realise that this place was catering for a lot of people and i think they did well, im a fussy eater and was never hungry.
The pool was massive and plenty of beds around it, wasps were a bit of an issue but just dont leave drinks out for them! The hotel cant help that!!
Now the not so great stuff, not as many staff as could have been and at times noticed this, but i am aware it was the end of the season. The hotel is very out of the way there is nothing to do around if like us you do not like "organised fun" however saying that we hired bikes Menorca has some great cycle tracks. The bar did keep running out of white wine, however when i complained they gave me a bottle of Cava as a gesture and true to thier word went and purchased bottles of wine for that evening.
A basic we felt these days is Wifi; the hotel lacked this, they have internet terminals however they are terrible and expensive. This is a simple thing which would add for a lot of people.
Basically ths place was okay; i wouldnt go back but can see the appeal for a budget break in the sun especially for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southeastern part of Menorca, 200m from Cala Canutells beach, 13 km from Mahon. Well equipped terraced rooms, excellent views. Low-rise buildings, surrounded by extensive gardens. Particularly attractive for families. Studios & Apartments: kitchen, sat-TV, terrace or balcony, living room with sofas bed. Sport & Leisure: Swimming pool, children´s pool. tennis courts. Gym. Minigolf. Miniclub. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet. Lounge & Pool bar with terrace. Services: Babysitting service. Car rental. Bicycles. Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grupotel Mar de Menorca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Mar De Menorca Hotel Cala Canutells
- Grupotel Mar De Menorca Cala Canutells, Spain