Unfortunately we experienced a flight delay of almost 16 hours so we only arrived at the hotel, very tired, a day later than expected. Luckily I had phoned the hotel to notify them and they said they would hold our room for us although we had already pre-paid through Expedia.
The hotel is in a lovely location, beautiful cove, sea could be a bit cleaner but very child friendly. There are two other hotels in the village which are quite noisy which is a shame as the music from one is very apparent when on the beach. I don't think I would stay at the hotel for more than a week / 10 days as the village is very small and there is nothing else really to do there although there are day trips available. One point I would make is that there is no ATM machine in the village and the hotel does not have a facility to exchange money on a credit/debit card so if like us you run out of cash you need to make a €20 round trip to the next big town for the banks.
The Iberostar is very clean, the staff are very accommodating and helpful and I think definitely worth the money. We went all inclusive which was a God Send even though we missed lunch everyday (just couldn't force ourselves to eat that much) we were still 'quids in' with drinks. We were in Block 3 backing on to the sea which was lovely and quiet and quite picturesque.
I think the best thing about this hotel is the food, such variety of meats and fish and for us salads. I was thoroughly pleased and could not find fault with this area.
Downside of the hotel is the pool, 1. its very cold and more importantly 2. the area immediately round the pool is very rough (made of cemented sharp stones). The pad of both my daughters big toes cut and when they started to bleed we went to the lifeguard to patch up. The hotel needs to replace this surface with something much more child friendly. The area around the sunbeds is also very slippery so be warned. I have to say the lifeguard was really good, I noticed that he constantly walked around all the pools, checking the kids and the bottom of the pool, quite reassuring to know someone was really paying attention to what was going on, as opposed to some other hotels we've been too where the lifeguard sits all day!
On the whole a lovely hotel and well worth the visit. I was slightly disappointed on check out that they couldn't accommodate us keeping our room until later in the day considering that we had missed a whole night's accommodation and two meals from our inbound flight, it would have been nice for the hotel to make a goodwill gesture in this respect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the IBEROSTAR Pinos Park, every detail has been carefully designed to offer your children the perfect holiday adventure. They can take part in a treasure hunt together with other mini-pirates, be a dragon tamer in the fun pool or throw themselves off the zip-line like the bravest of adventurers. Would you like to find out more about this family hotel in Mallorca? Tailored 100% to families. That’s how the rooms at the IBEROSTAR Pinos Park are. With sea views, close to the gardens or next to the swimming pool, ensuring your kids are the first to dive in. What’s more, the rooms have plenty of space and a microwave and fridge to have the baby’s food ready, at any time. Underwater and outdoor adventures. Exploring the pine forest that surrounds the resort is not the only adventure to be found here. Inside the hotel, there’s a fun pool full of fantasy figures, slides and waterfalls. There is also an adventure area with zip lines and adrenaline-filled obstacle courses for the littlest ones. With the taste of Mallorca, Mexico, Italy and Asia… There’s so much choice, you won’t know where to start. At this family hotel, you will also find show cooking as well as desserts and ice creams that will drive your kids crazy. Reliable entertainment. At the Miniclub, children can play in the pool, dress up as scary zombies or become an amazing magician casting spells and making secret potions. Lazy days for you. They won’t be bored for a second and in the meantime… You’ll have time for an intimate moment or two with your partner at this hotel in Cala Ratjada. You can savour a daiquiri in a hammock by the pool, practise a sport in the fitness centre or enjoy a live music, dance or acrobatics show. Two steps from the beach. This is what is between you and a barefoot stroll along the fine-sand beach, swimming in the turquoise sea and enjoying a family afternoon making sand castles with your children on the sea shore at Font de Sa Cala. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your IBEROSTAR Pinos Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Pinos Park Hotel Font De Sa Cala
- Iberostar Hotel Pinos Park
- Pinos Park Iberostar
- IBEROSTAR Pinos Park Font De Sa Cala, Majorca