Iberostar Pinos Park
Beach Club Font de Sa Cala(Capdepera)(Great Value!)
$245
$136
$142
$133
Travelocity
Park Hyatt Mallorca(Canyamel)
$629
$528
Cap Vermell Beach Hotel(Canyamel)(Great Value!)
$179
Universal Hotel Castell Royal(Canyamel)(Great Value!)
$132
$96
  • Beachfront
Aparthotel Canyamel Sun(Canyamel)(Great Value!)
$103
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Hotel Canyamel Park(Canyamel)(Great Value!)
$135
  • Beachfront
Fonda Las Palmeras(Font de Sa Cala)
TripAdvisor
Na Taconera(Font de Sa Cala)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewspine treesfamily roomsea view suitecala ratjadaanimation teamwell sound proofedgreat familysheltered bayentertainment arearock nightteen clubevening entertainmentmini clubperfect resortliving roompool gamesfamily vacation
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed at Pinos Park in late August and would thoroughly recommend it for a family holiday resort - our party comprised 2 x adults + 2 children (5 years & 20 months).

The resort is clean and well maintained and the staff are attentive and professional. We had a room on the ground floor which although booked as a "sea view" was slightly stretching that description. However, we found that to be a bonus as we were ideally situated in terms of convenience to restaurant/pool, whilst being far enough away from the evening entertainment not to be disturbed by it. That's not to say the entertainment was bad - quite the opposite.

The obvious strength of this resort is the focus on the family and children. The animation team, including the mini-club and baby-club facilities, are excellent, and the kids disco every evening is really quite entertaining for adults too because it's great to see your young ones enjoying themselves so much. This also permeates to the other staff - with special mention to our cleaner "Nina" and the waiting staff (Juanpe & Juan) who really do go out of their way to create a relationship and bond with you and your children. The cynical would say that is "tips" based - for me, I genuinely felt they made my kids feel special.

This resort has everything you need if you want to base yourself in one place and don't wish or need to travel to nearby towns - including local shop and supermarket with hopping distance. The beach is also clean, picturesque and not too busy.

If I had to find fault, and I've really struggled to think of one, it would be that there is an assumption that all guests are German! I have no objection to the overwhelming clientele being German with very few English (even though we met another nice family), but if I speak English, with an English accent, then I'm English. I'm not pretending to not be German so don't speak it to me!

Must end on a positive though - if this is anywhere near your shortlist - book it. I always like to travel to new places for new experiences, but this resort was good enough for me to reconsider that approach for next year.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south west side (nearer the sea) will be quieter.
3  Thank fletch22
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Spent 10 days at this hotel in August. We're a family of 4 with 2 children aged 9 and 7.
This hotel has been recently refurbished so everything looks fairly new and well maintained although the hotel was probably built in the 1980s.

The location is very quiet, just a couple of other hotels in the same area which means the beach (excellent beach) never gets too busy. We also found breakfast and dinner at the hotel not to be too busy, making the whole experience more enjoyable.

Food and facilities were what you would expect from a 4 star hotel. No complaints. The hotel staff deserve a special mention as nothing was too much trouble.

The main reasons for scoring this 4 rather than 5 were: no kettle or cups in the room (although there is a fridge and microwave?!), the entertainment / kids club was in mainly in German with very little English spoken and the room we had backed onto the road, which wouldn't be a problem (as very few cars pass through the resort) but the hotel opposite has their entertainment area on the other side of the road so was very noisy until gone 11pm most evenings.

But overall a very relaxing and pleasant holiday.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank HoultFamily
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We have just returned home from a holiday in this super hotel. We would most definitly go back without a doubt. The hotel is set in a beautiful location; amongst pine trees and just a stones throw away from the beach which is golden sand with gently shelving sea. My girls loved to snorkel amongst the rocks and we saw some lovely little fish. There is plenty of activties going on; you can hire pedlo's or there is a boat trip which goes out daily, surf boards, and a banana boat. There are umbrellas and beds on the beach or you can buy yourself a cheap fabric umbrella; bring a couple of lilo's from home and you are set for the week. This is exactly what we did. The weather was absolutly gorgeous and a slight breeze could be felt from the sea. My children preferred the pool which was spotless and clean. There was Aqua aerobics and water polo daily which all the children appeared to love. There was plenty of sunbeds and parasols around the pool but you will need to wake early to reserve one!!

We stayed on an all-inclusive basis and cannot fault the food or the choice of alcohol. There was self service soft drinks/water/coffee available all day and at every meal fresh juice/soft drinks/ wine and beer. The food choice was amazing; if you are a fish lover you will not go hungry. The restaurant will make you up a packed lunch if you are going out for the day at no extra charge. Biscuits/Cake/Ice cream also available all day.

The staff are very friendly and speak a variety of languages. The animation team is run by a lovely lovely girl named Violetta who ensured her staff looked after you well. She was great at translating between guests. She is a real asset to the hotel. There was kids clubs for all ages of children and a kids disco every evening followed by a show. The atmosphere was just perfect with everyone having a lovely time dancing/singing and participating. We are still singing the songs!!

The hotel is spotless and the staff clean all the time; nothing is to much trouble for them. They take real pride in what they are doing and the Manager is 'hands on'. He was always walking around the hotel/restaurant/entertainment checking everyone was ok.

We had a lovely time and did not feel the need to venture out of the hotel; a couple of shops across the road, a frequent bus service and mini train was just outside the hotel; likewise a doctors and pharmacy.

This was our seventh trip to an Iberostar Hotel and we will definitly continue to use this chain. We made some lovely friends and the children just spent their time playing happily and being entertained by the 'Star Friend's'. This is a family resort with just a sprinkling of English guests; however saying this I do believe that because of the great family value and excellent service which you receive the popularity of this chain will continue to grow.

It is difficult to fault in any way; the only two things which could have improved our stay, would have been a bar outside the restaurant in the evening to have a drink and the 'sun-bed' situation around the pool. They ask you not to reserve beds but this is totally ignored by the majority of the guests at the hotel.

All in all a wonderful holiday and we will be back.

3  Thank clairesunshine55
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel that I would go back to without a doubt. The location is lovely but as said many times the resort is not really developed. The hotel itself is modern and very clean. Our room had a pretty lousy view of the supermarket and we were told that we could get a better view if we upgraded but we didn't really want to spend anymore!
The staff were excellent, infact I have not been to better hotel for service. The animation team made a constant effort, Simone and the girl from Bulgaria put an amazing amount of effort into their jobs and we found Simone highly amusing! The food was excellent and we had no complaints during our stay and we always sat outside rather than in the buffet area . The waiters made a real effort with my children and its obvious that they are used to dealing with young families. The shows at night were to a good standard and my children loved them.
In terms of improvement, I really think they eat too early! We went to eat at 9 one night and it was dead and it was obvious they were getting ready to clear up. By 11.30 everyone is in bed. There is also an issue with the bars. They only have one open at one time which is a pain. I would love a drink before my meal but the bar near the pool shuts and they open the one near the animation area which is the otherside of the hotel. This would be easy to solve. I also don't think you should have to pay for a safe either.
However I being picky here, overall we had a wonderful time and would go back tomorrow. Once again I will say the staff are a credit to this place.

Room Tip: If you want a good view you have to pay, they don't upgrade you to a good view if you have not paid for it.
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Experience

Had paid for a double sea view. We were allotted a room on ground floor which was sea facing but in no way had any sea view. So we requested a proper sea view. To the credit of the check-in staff we were allotted a better room on level 1 which had sea view. So if paying for sea view ask for first floor.

The swimming room view rooms are also good.

I had also paid for a late check-out 6pm. But as rooms were all sold out we were asked to vacate but again to credit of check in team they allowed us to use the facilities till 6 pm.

+ ives

- Great for children
- Friendly check-in team, animation team (deserves special mention) and other staff
- Staff get full marks for trying - eg. they distributed drinks around the pool - mot the best but again we felt nice
- Great animation team - really engage the children well
- The cleaning team is really efficient
- Good programs in evening for children and adults
- Excellent location and quiet beach (see snaps)

- ives

- All inclusive feels very restrictive (compared to say places like Cancun where in a better star hotel and less money all inclusive is 24 hours round)
- They could have offered some small things free of cost - like international drinks (e.g. Mojitos), Popcorn etc
- Towels were available for a returnable deposit but would have been better if hours for exchange of towels were longer than 10.30 to 12 am
- We are vegetarians - the choice for us was limited - also would have been good if they marked what was vegetarian
- Very German dominated - though not an issue - we did not feel out of place except that all children's programs are in German

Tips

- Get a room on first floor
- Put a towel by 7 am on sun loungers if you want a good place by pool