First things first .. the hotel amenities are superb; the hotel rooms have been modernised and are very plush and the bar and dining area are in keeping with this. This is a great little location with the local beach literally on your doorstep and Cala Major itself has a number of restaurants, supermarkets and little touristy shops. We stayed there during the first week of it opening for the new season and as such the hotel was not very busy .. which was great as we pretty much had the pool area to ourselves whenever we were there and you still have the added bonus of being able to see the sea from here whilst relaxing in your own little sheltered oasis.
The other bonus is the proximity to Palma; its only a short bus hop (there a plenty that go through the town as its on the western route so they are very frequent) - however we chose to walk and although most reviews say 30 minutes into Palma that gets you to the cruise ship docking area which is on the western side of Palma whereas Palma old town is on the eastern side which is another 15-20mins walk.... but when you get lovely weather it is a pleasant walk and there are plenty of cafes/bars to take a breather in on your way.
The only real downside was the food; the breakfast buffet had a lot of choice and you could order omelettes and pancakes from the hot plate which are cooked to order but we found that some of the food went cold even though under the heat lamps - I think this is probably because of the lower volume of guests being around which led to food sitting around for a while and the heat lamps really didn't seem to manage to keep the food warm enough. We stayed half board and at dinner found that most of the food wasn't labelled so it was quite hit and miss; however there was a lot of variety across the week and again you could have some items cooked to order on the hot plate which normally consisted of a meat or fish choice. Sure some of these problems are because of it being the first week of the season and the positives are that the staff are very friendly and eager to help if you have any questions about what the food is.
Overall the amenities outweighed some of the issues with the food; so we would be happy to stay here again but maybe on B&B basis next time as there are plenty of places to eat in Cala Major or in Palma.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Be Live Adults Only Costa Palma is a wonderful hotel, ideal for couples, which is located in front of the beach of Cala Mayor, being the perfect place to enjoy a great holiday with the Mediterranean just a few steps from the room. It offers a variety of services and products as its exclusive Beach Club, its baySPA ($) and a large and varied gastronomic offer with a professional services, high-class facilities and a personalised treatment. Its modern and functional rooms offer everything needed to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. The Be Live Adults Only Costa Palma is the best option to enjoy all that Mallorca offers. Open from April until October. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Be Live Adults Only Costa Palma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Cala Mayor Hotel Cala Major
- Cala Mayor
- Playa Cala Mayor Major
- Be Live Adults Only Costa Palma Majorca/Cala Major, Spain