“Just Wonderful”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cala Major
Warwickshire
“Just Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Back again, we have been coming to this beautiful Hotel for over 9 years and it has never failed us. The Hotel is on the beach, you can step out onto your balcony and almost dip your toe into the sea. The view is stunning. The Hotel is so well maintained and always spotless, the Staff have been amazing, nothing is too much trouble, so friendly, food excellent, what more could anyone ask for. The Spa is a wonderful haven to relax and enjoy, you can lie on the heated loungers and watch the sunset come down, this is especially enjoyable if you happen to be staying here in the Winter Months when the weather can be a bit cooler, however we are here now mid March and the sun is shining and it is nice and warm. Buses run so frequently into Palma there is never an issue to get into this beautiful City to enjoy the delights of it's architecture, shopping and eating experience.

Room Tip: All of the Rooms are good, you won't be disappointed with any of the Sea View Rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Diego A, Director de Recepción at Hotel Nixe Palace, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much for reservation in the Nixe Palace for your stay in Palma de Majorca.

I would like to thank you for your kind words about the Nixe Palace. It is nice to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you made your feelings known on Tripadvisor.
We always strive to uphold the highest standards of service and quality. By making your comments known we can be sure to maintain the high level and also know where we can improve.

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hampshire, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

What a wonderful experience! I spent three nights here with my mother and couldn't have asked for more.

Firstly we were given a upgrade to the most stunning room. The sea couldn't have been closer! The room was huge, modern and spotless. It was magical sleeping with the balcony doors open to the sound of the sea! Very relaxing!

The breakfast was delicious. Lots of choice of a hot and cold fresh buffet. It was warm enough for us to sit outside with a stunning view. We enjoyed a glass of bubbly every morning as it was a special weekend away.

The staff were superb. If you want the "stuffy" type of 5 star service then this hotel is not for you. However, if you want relaxed, friendly and genuine staff then you are the right type of person to come here. They helped us with getting to know the city and how to navigate around it! They could not have been more helpful. I cannot fault them.

We spent one glorious morning on the beach. Beautiful sand and crystal clear waters. A little piece of heaven.

The hotel is not in the smartest part of town but for a small fare you can get a taxi or bus so easily and the hotel is well worth it.

Lastly, I want to thank the Nixe Palace for such a special stay. Our weekend was made truely memorable. I just hope that we can return soon. Best wishes to all the staff.

Room Tip: Sea view room was magical
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

cambridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have just returned from two night stay at Nixe Palace.This is my third time here, and it never fails to please. Everything is perfect, location, service, rooms, spa, breakfast. The staff cannot do enough for you. Cant wait to return again.

Room Tip: i've never had a bad room. Always booked sea view
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank sharon c
Diego A, Director de Recepción at Hotel Nixe Palace, responded to this review, March 12, 2014

Petersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Spend a few nights here a couple of years ago with a friend and had a great time. Decided to go for a few days from the rain recently with my partner.
Room was lovely and clean and comfortable. When booking I mentioned I was a returning guest and we were therefore given a side sea view which was super. We were told there was a small balcony but it was large with table, chairs and loungers. Check in is 3 pm but we had a very early flight and arrived about 10.45am and we were checked in immediately without any problem. Great.
Great views but note that it's a short bus or taxi ride into Palma or over an hours walk which was fine for us as we do like to walk. Buses are regular, cheap and stops are very close to hotel.
Did not have breakfast here but had a bar meal one evening which was super.
Weather was warm so could sit out on terrace with a drink.
Only little niggle was that a large group of Germans arrived for coffee one afternoon and each paid separately for their drinks .... One pushed in I front of my partner at the bar and the barman served him first.
Highly recommended

Stayed February 2014
Diego A, Director de Recepción at Hotel Nixe Palace, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear guest,

First of all let me thank you for choosing Hotel Nixe Palace as your destination in Palma de Mallorca during your stay and also for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor.

We always value our guests opinions and try to maintain a high standard of quality and service. Wonderful to see that you enjoyed again the hotel.

We always welcome any type of comment so that we can always be on the look out what our clients need for a unforgettable experience here at the hotel. Regarding your comment from your experience on the Lobby bar we take note and we will comment this with our partner in order to do better for the next time.

Woodbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Very enjoyable stay great room, very clean, superb views over the bay, magnificent breakfast helpful staff and very accessible valet parking. Did not eat in the main restaurant but the bar meals were quick and very well presented and tasty. Spa looked excellent.
Reception staff very knowledgeable about places on the island and directions.

Room Tip: Floors on level 6 have the best balconies but all face the sea
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lesley4567
Diego A, Director de Recepción at Hotel Nixe Palace, responded to this review, January 28, 2014

Quality deaprtment
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

I usually do not try to give any place one star as I am aware of how hard it can be to run a business as big as a hotel. But if this review spares one more person from reserving a room at this place, I think it would be worth it. When we first arrived to the hotel, we were pleasantly surprised by the views that they had to offer. The hotel faces the beach and does look lovely around sunset. The building itself didn't anything significant worth mentioning- neither positive nor negative. They had all the things you would expect from a decent hotel, although I am not sure if it was truly five star quality. But then again, that would not have bothered me at all if it had not been for the terrible customer service.

When we arrived, we were given a room in an "upgraded" part of the hotel. The person at the desk told us that we were getting a free upgrade for our party of three. But when we got there, there were only beds for two people. We also only got two slippers, two robes -- the point is, the room was not meant to be for three people although we had booked a "superior TRIPLE room." What's worse is that later on in the night, we were awaken by loud dance music coming from somewhere in the hotel. I called the front desk, and only said "hello" before someone rashly answered back: "Yes, the music we're working on it." And hung up. Thinking that they were dealing with some unpleasant guests and assuming that they were under a lot of stress, I actually felt bad for the staff and decided not to call back. Even when the music proceeded well into the night (about 2-3 hours after I had called). This was around 1AM.

The following morning, a staff member at the desk told us that it was a staff party - one that they throw only once a year. I asked why hadn't they warned us about this? And he very abruptly answered (after about two minutes of trying to ignore me), "You just happened to be in that part of the hotel." I was so speechless that I didn't even think to remind him that a part of his staff was the one that put us there. Then they charged us full price for the night.

I understand that no hotel can be perfect and I am usually not very picky -- but I think one thing that any establishment can control is the way that they treat their guests. The whole thing was just so sneaky - first they move us to a part of the hotel that they know will be loud during their staff party, then they act as if they are "working on the music" instead of honestly accommodating us. I don't even mind that the staff get a party, but you can't neglect your guests (who are paying full price) on the day that you want to throw it.

Please, I think hotels should be run by honest people who do not try to lie to you to get you to pay full price. Save yourself the negative feelings, and book somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Sara S
Diego A, Director de Recepción at Hotel Nixe Palace, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear guest,

I was very sorry to hear that your stay was not fully satisfactory due to different issues.

We take note about all the points that disappointed you and we will try to improve our service for the next times.
Please if you do not mean could you send us a e-mail in order to fixt this inconvenient that we had with you: recepcionnixe@h-santos.es

Hanoi, Vietnam
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

I spent 2 nights and although the hotel itself is beautiful I was furious when I left. My first impression was fine. It was myself and 2 friends staying in a room but they only had one bed in the room and we had to ask for a cot.

The second night we arrived back at the hotel and found that there was an Asian themed staff party in the lobby. I was very uncomfortable because as my friends and I walked to the elevator (we're all asian), the staff and everyone dressed in kimonos and Chinese dresses stared, pointed, and clapped at us. We laughed it off, but later that night, sometime past midnight my friends and I woke up and were kept awake by obnoxiously loud music. When we called the front desk they hastily answered "yes, the music we're working on it" as if they were trying to deal with the issue.

The music didn't stop and when we asked the front desk in the morning they told us that it was the staff party and basically dismissed our complaints by saying "Sorry, you were in the part of hotel with the party". Dismissive, not apologetic, and unprofessional. How the hell do you have a staff party that loud and at that time of night and keep your guests up with no apology or warning?

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank yhong91
Diego A, Director de Recepción at Hotel Nixe Palace, responded to this review, December 20, 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cala Major
IBEROSTAR Playa de Palma
#1 of 77 in Playa de Palma
Hotel BonSol Resort & Spa
Hotel Riu Palace Bonanza Playa

Been to Hotel Nixe Palace? Share your experiences!