“Great return visit”
Review of Hotel Nixe Palace

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cala Major
Reviewed August 19, 2013

A longer stay at The Nixe Palace hotel this year. Fantastic sea view rooms. Excellent staff.
Hugo, Raquel, Pepe and other staff on reception could not do more to help us. We had wonderful day organised through them going into the Majorcan mountains. A few special occasions planned at the hotel were handled very professionally. Waitresses at breakfast always happy and smiling. Giovanni is a lovely lady. And James was top notch when asked to assist us. Rooms cleaned to perfection every day. We had a marvellous time. Its only a very small note but the one thing I really think needs attention - the sun loungers around the pool. Most are getting very tired and actually jolly uncomfortable and need replacing. Down by the shady area of the hotel by the beach they have new ones. It really is time to replace the pool side ones too. More sun umbrellas needed too. Definitely need an umbrella in the hot peak season between two loungers. The hotel is expensive and you do need this extra bit of looking after when relaxing by the pool. This is a small thing that could easily be attended to. The actual holiday and stay was superb. We would love to return once more.

Room Tip: If you are staying for a relaxing trip a sea view room is a must.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Diego A, Director de Recepción at Hotel Nixe Palace, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear guest,

First of all thank you very much for having chosen the Nixe Palace for your stay in Palma de Majorca.

At the same time thank you for your nice comments We will take in to care your comments regarding the prices.

Please do not hesitate to contact the Nixe Palace for any question you require.

Quality department.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel is fantastic but a bit pricey. You need to have a sea view room to make the most of it. Excellent beach and very helpful staff. Drinks rather expensive but if you go out of the hotel, turn left there is a small supermarket owned by a Chinese couple who sell chilled beers from only 1 euro a litre! This can then be enjoyed on your balcony at a fraction of the cost of buying it in the hotel.
Good breakfast with fab sea view as well.

Room Tip: High floor with a sea view. Non-sea view rooms are smaller and some don't have any natural light
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Diego A, Director de Recepción at Hotel Nixe Palace, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear guest,

First of all i would like to thank you for choosing Nixe Palace during your recent holidays here in Palma de Mallorca, and also for taking the time to write your comments known here in Tripadvisor.

We are very pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. It is always our goal to make our guests feel comfortable among us and that they receive the best service possible. Thank you once again for your very nice comments.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel Nixe Palace in Mallorca. It was a lovely hotel (definitely not a five star maybe a 4) but I'm from NYC and a tough critic. The rooms were a very nice size and the bathroom was very nice and recently renovated. The Hotel Nixe is probably one of the nicest hotels in Mallorca with a lovely view of the mediterranean. The hotel lobby was very nice it was all marble and the staff was very pleasant and aimed to please at all times. Unfortunately the hotel is a little isolated from the town and you can not walk into the heart of the town, however for 5 or 6 Euro's you can take a taxi ride into Mallorca which is beautiful and there are so many great restaurants, fabulous night life and shopping. You can view the puerto and see the yachts. The only two negative things about this hotel is that the wifi is very very slow and barely works. I know you are on holiday however there is no excuse in today's times that the wifi should be this slow and barely work. I travel all through Europe and I have never encountered this before. My only way of communicating with my kids was through the internet and it was frustrating it never worked. The gym was not great and it only had two treadmills that worked and the rest of the equipment did not work, however I was the only person working out daily. It seems that most people who stay at this hotel do not leave the hotel and they seem to enjoy sun tanning and lounging on the beach or near the pool. I do not go in the sun therefore I had to take a bus or a taxi into the town of Mallorca to sight see or shop. I was very fortunate that my friend lives in Mallorca and he picked me up at night and we drove around sight seeing and even did a day trip into the mountains which was absolutely beautiful. The proximity to the airport is good about a 15 minute car ride. I think since the hotel lobby is so pretty they should replace the carpet on the floors which is a little bit outdated. It's not a bad hotel and the beach is lovely but just be aware of the wifi and the gym not being great. I read some comments about people being robbed at the front desk. I left my bags there and I had no problem and nothing was stolen. Everyone who worked there was very friendly.

Room Tip: I was on the 8th floor and it was very quiet and I had a lovely view of the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Fran F
Diego A, Director de Recepción at Hotel Nixe Palace, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Nixe Palace for your stay in Palma de Majorca.

Thank you very much for your nice coments, at the same time receive our apologies for the problems that you had with the wiffi, we are working in order to fix this issue, as well we take note about the comments of the gym.

Once again, may I reiterate my genuine apologies for not coming up to your expectations on this occasion and assure you that we can certainly do better, given another opportunity.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in case you require any thing else.

best regards,

Hotel Nixe Palace *****

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife and I took a quick trip to Palma for four days to catch some sun. This hotel was great, good location, friendly helpfull staff, close to the beach and handy to the city.
We would certainly pick this hotel again and have no problems highly recommending it.

Room Tip: get a room with a sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Diego A, Director de Recepción at Hotel Nixe Palace, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear guest,

First of all thank you very much for having chosen the Hotel Nixe Palace for your stay in Palma de Majorca.

We appreciate your kind comments.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in case you require any thing.

Quality department

Reviewed July 6, 2013

A true 5 star hotell, it's easy to rekognise quality when you see and feel it. Good service, the best breakfast ever, good restaurang and pro employes. The view from our room was excellent, so nothing to complain about.Mallorca as a destination is super, espescially when you likes cyckling, but to keep a clean cykel in the room was no problem.if you like to use the beach there is one nearby. Nothing much to tell about nicecshoping nearby, you must go to palma, but a very nice hotell

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Diego A, Director de Recepción at Hotel Nixe Palace, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear guest:

First of all we would like to thank you for having chosen the Nixe Palace to stay at during your visits to Palma de Mallorca.

Thank you very much for your coments.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

On 31th of December I was the guest of Nixe Palace 5* hotel in Palma for some days and I was robbed at the front desk of this hotel. My bag was guarded by the Staff. The bag was stolen by a well dressed man - the event was recorded by the hotel's camera. The recording was transferred to a pen drive and handed to the police. Day after I reported the theft to the police in Palma de Mallorca.
My polish lawyer has repeatedly tried to get in touch with hotel director and conclude the case and obtain compensation for the loss of the hotel has incurred, sent many e-mails and did many phone calls. The case has not yet been completed by the hotel.
The Director, Mr. Francisco Serrano, said that the hotel insurance does not cover such events. My loss is 3000 euros (Louis Vuitton bag, phones, wallet, iPod, documents). But this is not a problem of insurance, this is the 5* hotel problem. I left my bag under the staff guard.
I was convinced that I could feel safe in this hotel. I wasin't.

After returning to Poland I spent more than a week, I was making the documents. At that time I could not work - I'm a journalist, freelancer. So my loss is even greater.
The hotel manager did nothing to compensate for my loss.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Anna P
Diego A, Director General at Hotel Nixe Palace, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Ms. Puslecka,

First I would like to reiterate our sincere apologies for the unfortunate event that occurred on the day of arrival and the form given by these incidents, is totally unusual in our facilities.
As I mentioned on the email I sent to you last July 2nd, in response to your mail received last June 30th, we had sent the resolution of the insurance to your lawyer, days before the receipt of your mail so I understood that you had not contacted him before claiming me for an answer.

Also I apologize for the delay we have had to answer this question as we were waiting to hear back from our insurance. Unfortunately these issues are usually long and although efforts are being put to try to lighten the paperwork, but bureaucracy are never fast.

I am sorry you to know that you have posted this information on "Trip Advisor" and have not given me the opportunity, as offered on the email sent last July 2, to contact me directly for any questions you may have about this matter.

In any case I am at your disposal for any question you need, and I will do all the best for you.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have now stayed at the Nixe Palace twice. It is located in Cala Major which, in itself, it not a particularly nice location but is only minutes from Palma.

From the outside, the hotel looks nothing special, but once inside, you are in a different world. There is a large terrace across the whole back of the property which affords views across a beautiful bay. It is well worth having a sea view room.

The rooms have been refurbished since my last visit but even though they have thermostatic controls for the aircon, I was informed that the hotel set the temperature for all the rooms ( 22 degrees C ) which was too warm for me.

I was also a little disappointed with breakfast with no fresh egg chef cooking omelettes etc. It has the usual conveyor belt style toaster which required at least 5 " journeys " for the bread to appear toasted. The hot buffet food wasn't up to much either.

There are 2 great restaurants within walking distance if you come out and turn right, up the hill. They are Il Paradiso, a fine Italian restaurant with stunning views and Le Parada Del Mar which specialises in fish and shellfish.

Room Tip: Sea view a must
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Psychopath

Dear guest:

Thank you very much for your nice coments and as well we were very sorry to learn that we have not coming up to your expectations in a few things. We take note about this fact and we hope that in your next visit we can certainly do better, given another opportunity.

Yours sincerely,

GPRO Valparaiso Palace & SPA
GPRO Valparaiso Palace & SPA
#19 of 75 in Palma de Mallorca
Be Live Adults Only Marivent

Been to Hotel Nixe Palace? Share your experiences!