“Lovely hotel!”
Review of Hotel Nixe Palace

Hotel Nixe Palace
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cala Major
Reviewed June 10, 2012

A really nice hotel, nice staff and lovely rooms. We had breakfast and lunch at the hotel and the food was delicious. It was som local restaurants near by! We will definitely go back!
Make sure you book a room with seaview.

Room Tip: Make sure you book seaview
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anne40Oslo

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Hotel is excellent. Easy to get into Palma by local bus or taxi. Local eating places are rather basic kebab type places. Beach is good. Breakfast was very good. Suggest asking for a room not under the restaurant as we were disturbed by the noise of the restaurant being cleaned after midnight. Overall very enjoyable visit.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms under the restaurant.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CharlesLesleySmith
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Very efficient, friendly and helpful reception staff. Bedroom (street view) was small and quite dark, but comfortable with all necessary amenities. Best aspect of the hotel was the bar terrace, great views and good service. The pool is tiny, and small sun deck around the pool with sun loungers very close together. I imagine this would get quite overcrowded, however during our stay there was a conference taking place and the weather was overcast so theory not put to the test. There is more room on the beach, but not part of the hotel so there is a separate charge to hire sun lounger down there. Breakfast buffet was plentiful and delicious, would certainly recommend a table on the terrace. Overall a solid hotel, but not much atmosphere.

Room Tip: Seaview is the way to go.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I've stayed at the Nixe maybe 20 times or more, my family have stayed my friends have stayed all from my recommendation, I have also taken my business partners here. All in all I must have spent over the years 15-20k with this hotel.
So, as many times before I was on business in Majorca and staying with friends and I thought I would have again a few days in my favourite Hotel. I walked in and I met an unsmiling male receptionist, i asked him if there were any good deals for me and he said "we only have suites left that start at €300 per night, I suggested that as I had stayed here many times, perhaps room 901 or 902 were available?, he did not care about my request he did not check his computer, his suggestion was to go to Marivent where maybe I could find a hotel more suited to my budget.... He did not want to know about offering me a deal for 6 days by myself, he wasn't that interested and I was obviously not wanted, he made no effort, no smile. Maybe he is the owner of the hotel or maybe he is the son of the owner, that was how he came across.. I went and stayed at the Maricel for a few nights and then the hotel Zhero over the road, the Maricel tried hard to get my business as dd the zhero, both hotels were fabulous.

Sir, you are not the Manager of the Hotel Savoy in 1970 and the people who come through the door are responsible for your wage.bad attitude
Nixe palace management- not good enough

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
11  Thank jamforjames
Reviewed May 18, 2012

The hotel is great but we're just back from a very, very disappointing meal at one of the hotel restaurants, supposedly the best one in this five star resort - the Restaurant a Popa. The menu is a seafood theme to match the restaurant interior which is actually very nicely decked out to look like a ship. Bottom line and to save a lot of waffle the staff were extremely rude and really acted as if they could not care less if we ate there or not. We'd booked, but rather than a warm welcome were asked what we wanted ( kind of of obvious we were there for dinner) so no warm welcome; we then waited 30 minutes to place a drinks order and another twenty for it to arrive; my chair was faulty (some kind of directors chair with canvas and wood) and kept tipping back. When I politely asked if I could change it for one of the many sturdy unused ones sitting outside ( the place was by no means packed and now I know why) the waitress ignored what I said and brought me another of the make shift canvas ones. When she looked to her manager and asked her what to do when I explained I would appreciate a sturdy non canvas one, the manager, in front of the whole restaurant, fully aware there was an issue, refused to look up and shouted across in Spanish, which unfortunately for her is my first language, ' it doesn't matter, give her one of the canvas ones'. And refused to exchange the chair for anything more substantial. All this before we'd even had refreshments. At which point I suggested to the rest of the party we head somewhere else as it was all clearly too much hassle for this 'five star' restaurant to actually converse directly with it's partrons. The waitress who was very cool and unsmiley and unwelcoming can be forgiven at a push as she was a teenager. The manageress in her business suit and plimsolls and daisy in the hair, cannot. She should lead by example and maybe her complete disregard for her customers is what has rubbed off on the younger members of the team. The food was ok. The starters were all very nice, but the mains where disappointing and three mains went back hardly touched which was a shame. The mussels in white wine were dry, dehydrated and tasteless - how hard can it be for a seafood restaurant to get mussels right?

Anyway, onto the positives! The male waiter at the restaurant was a breath of fresh air and genuinely helpful and nice. The spa at the hotel is absolutely lovely. Small but perfectly formed! The reception area and main balcony are lovely. Minor things but no salt and pepper on the breakfast tray this morning and by the time it would have been delivered the cooked food would have gone cold. Coffee on the balcony was lovely but no suger brought with it - I could have gone and got it but then that would have involved hunting down a member of staff. For some reason the first time I was out on the balcony the waitress failed to approach me at all and take an order - I confess I did feel a bit overlooked, especially as I was waiting for family to arrive and by myself. But generally the staff have been nice and helpful, particularly the chamber maids, who are always cheerful and genuinely pleasant.

My over riding feeling is I haven't been to Spain on holiday for many years and have recently favoured other places such as Portugal and Cypress as they seem very clean and the service was second to none - and now this trip has re- enforced that feeling and the one of having a choice to go on holiday somewhere where your hard earned money and custom is appreciated or going somewhere where it isn't. Unfortunately tonight's experience would not endear me to come back here. The five star hotel needs to keep an eye on the detail and ensure the whole experience is five star - not just parts of it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank cassyno2
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I am just back from a lovely three days at the NIXE it was a great find the room was very comfortable especially the beds
we had a balcony with the great seaviews this is the best option as the area at the back of the hotel is not the prettiest

the terrace and the pool bar served great snacks and drinks and the staff looked after us well spoiling my mother which was lovely as this was her birthday trip.

taxi from airport was about 26 euros and into palma about 11 euros

La Paridiso restaurant Italian about 250 m walk from the hotel is excellent we went twice and were wonderfully looked after by Lydia and yet again they spoiled my mother

great short break destination and hotel and the spa is great for the overcast days

try to get breakfast included as this was 23 euros

Room Tip: seaview with balcony
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank PINKTULIPMUM
Reviewed April 21, 2012

This is a very comfortable, high quality, traditional hotel just outside Palma overlooking the sea with a small beach. The rooms are reasonably sized , well furnished and very clean. The service is good and the breakfast is excellent.

The views are marvellous, and a definite recommendation would be to get to breakfast early enough to secure a table on the terrace.

I personally attended as part of a small internal business conference. It turned out to be a very good location and everyone was extremely pleased with it. I would certainly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Given the choice I would always go fo one of the higher rooms with a sea view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
GPRO Valparaiso Palace & SPA
GPRO Valparaiso Palace & SPA
#16 of 75 in Palma de Mallorca
Be Live Adults Only Marivent

Been to Hotel Nixe Palace? Share your experiences!