All reviews yala national park tour of sri lanka buffet dinner water music excellent spa room was large two double beds great pool other hotels the main hotel kataragama temple very nice hotel stayed here for two nights convenient location one night stay comfortable stay wifi
Reviewed May 14, 2017 via mobile

This is our usual stop on the way katharagama in every visit, outside cafe is the an ideal place for a snack and for a refreshing cappuccino...

Appreciate if the staff can give a frendly smile for all visitors

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Management response:Responded May 15, 2017

Dear Methmal,

Firstly let me thank your for utilizing our restaurant facility repeatedly.

We also happy that you have enjoyed the snacks and refreshments every time you stopover on your visit to Katharagam, and your nice note will bring my team's moral high up for sure, also your concerns on friendly smile by our staff which I will discuss with my team.

Whiles Thanking You again we hope to see you back at our Mandara Cafe on your next visit to Katharagama.

Meneral Manager,

Reviewed May 6, 2017

Stayed for 2 nights during a tour of Sri Lanka. Pool area was nice with plenty of loungers and umbrellas, you may need insect repellent on though as lots of greenery around the pool. Room was big and had everything we needed. It was our anniversary so the hotel had made towel swans and also sent us a fruit platter which was very nice. Food in the restaurant both buffet and set menu was nice and presented well. One evening the hotel provided an outside table for our group with buffet starter and dessert and served main meal which was great. Drink prices were also very good compared with other hotels.
I had a 30 min back and leg massage in the spa which was good value for money (although menu in the room and spa stated different prices!). The lady was very good and checked the pressure was ok with me regularly. A robe was also provided to walk back to the room to save clothes getting oily which was a nice touch.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded May 10, 2017

Dear Cbpirie,

Firstly let me thank you for choosing our Hotel for your great holiday.

We are also so impressed that you have enjoyed our hospitality, and your encouraging note on this will bring my team's moral high up for sure, I have noted your concern of insect repellent and will discuss with my team strongly.

Whiles thanking you again we hope to see you back at Mandara Rosen on your next visit to Sri Lanka.

Reviewed May 1, 2017

This had been our usual stop when in Kataragama. The hotel is one of the best. The food is great and super service from the restaurant. Efficient teams.

Felt that the infrastructure and rooms need revamping and maintenance. Since we have been using this hotel for so many years we feel the hotel had not re invested enough on room maintenance. This does not mean that the rooms are bad but it looked old. Some tiles damaged and needed repair. This is a great hotel and hope the management will invest enough on maintaining the 5 star standards.

Again great hotel and great food. Excellent work by the chefs ....

Room Tip: Ground floor is convenient
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Management response:Responded May 10, 2017

Dear Ajith,

Firstly let me thank you for choosing our Hotel for your great holiday.

We are so impressed that you enjoyed our hospitality not only the food but also the services, and your encouraging note on this will bring my team's moral high up for sure.

Your suggestion regarding a refurbishment is well accepted having said that we also have uplifted 12 rooms on the ground floor and the balance will completed by end of this year, unfortunately you may not have had a chance of occupying on of those due to high occupancy, as a VIP repeater you will get a newly refurbished room next time for sure.

Whiles thanking you again we hope to see you back at Mandara Rosen on your next visit to Katharagama.

Nihal Jayawarena,

Reviewed April 17, 2017 via mobile

I was there with my family from 14th to 16th (2 nights). My honest feedback as follows

Pros- restaurant staff was exceptional specially Mr. Chandika and waruna. Food is good with limited spread.

Cons- house keeping is very poor, front desk also needs to be improved.

Overall satisfactory stay at Rosen Katharagama.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Management response:Responded April 28, 2017

Dear Kushan,

Firstly let me thank you for choosing our Hotel for your wonderful holiday.

We are also so impressed that you have enjoyed our hospitality and also noted your concerns of house keeping and front office which I have made note to discuss with my team for sure.

Whiles thanking you again we wish to see you back at Mandara Rosen on your next visit to Katharagama.

Reviewed April 15, 2017 via mobile

Nice staff, nice large rooms with a patio and a beautiful swimming pool. Buffet (dinner and breakfast) was nothing special - but value for money. So if you like what you see when booking, you will not be disappointed. Internet is only available in reception area. Nothing within walking distance, we used it as a base for Safari at Yalla.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Management response:Responded April 28, 2017

Dear Tony,

Firstly let me thank you for choosing our Hotel for your wonderful holiday.

We are also so impressed that you have enjoyed our hospitality, and your encouraging notes on this will bring my team's moral high up.