All reviews a la carte restaurant pool bar hotel guests beautiful hotel pachis beach non guests huge portions pillow menu island tour greek night thomas cook evening entertainment half board open to the public walk in shower shuttle bus cold towels
Selected filters
Reviewed March 20, 2019

We stayed here last June for 1wk and it was lovely

It was my other halves first holiday abroad and he specifically picked this hotel because it was located on a beach! Needless to say the beach was lovely and the sea was so clear, due to the location it was a really private beach.

But when we arrived our cases were taken from the coach (meaning we didn't have to lift them which is already a luxury in itself!). We were given a cold flannel, a fresh glass of lemonade and told to take a seat and that someone will be over to exchange details for checking in. Such a brilliant welcome. By far the best I've ever had.

When we walked into the room we were lucky enough to have a sea view room, the view was stunning and on more than one occasion we enjoyed sitting on the balcony watching the sunset whilst enjoying a drink and playing card games. The room itself is extremely clean, whilst very modern and stylish. I absolutely love a good bathroom and this one did not disappoint! A very spacious walk in shower and a lovely big mirror to get ready in front of!

Ps if you have never been to Greece (this was my first time) just to let you know you do not flush toilet paper down the loo! So just a heads up!

The staff of the hotel are absolutely amazing, incredibly friendly and helpful. Which I have found when I've stayed at other Sentido hotels. Nothing is ever too much trouble and they go above and beyond to ensure that your experience with them is a good one.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a relaxing holiday.

The location of the hotel is not within close proximity of any shops. But it wasn't that much of an issue. On our first day we noticed the price of water was a little bit more than what we would ideally pay so we went to one of the local supermarkets in the next town via a taxi and took 6 big bottles of water back with us. It cost us the same price for six than what the hotel was charging for one. Not everything will ever be perfect! But I would highly recommend doing this. We got a good couple of snacks to take back with us to the hotel and other drinks, there wasn't a problem with them being in the room.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Cloe L
Reviewed March 3, 2019

Thassos is our favourite Greek island - There's just something about it that leaves you sad to leave and wanting more. The hotel is bright, clean, well laid out and not too big.
Our only issue was with the number of non resident beach users that regularly use and abuse the pool and they tend to be the rood and arrogant ones who think that they have a right to invade everyones space. We found this to be disruptive and very iritating. The pool bar girls seem to be given the task of clearing the non residents away which doesnt seem fair as they are so busy doing a fantastic job os serving the resident pool users. This could be very easily sorted out by employing a security person. This could make a world of difference and then my review would be 5star all the way.

Date of stay: September 2018
4  Thank Philip P
Reviewed January 30, 2019

A fairly new hotel,extremely well appointed,and staffed by the friendliest people I have met.My wife and I celebrated our Golden wedding at this hotel last June and cannot fault anything.Even the owner is friendly and ensures his guests are happy.The location is perfect,staff are the jewel in the crown.We have already booked three weeks this year,it cannot come too soon.Oh,and Thassos is beautifull,too.

Room tip: Book early for a sea view,it is magnificent
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robbo457
Reviewed January 8, 2019

We stayed at the Thassos Imperial for 2 weeks at the end of August as a family of 3. The hotel is lovely with very good facilities and everything is very new and in a good condition. There is a nice pool with plenty of facilities on site to keep you entertained. The food is very good with plenty of choice at night and you can use the a la carte restaurant once a week which again was very good.

The hotel is medium sized and there is not a lot nearby at night other than a couple of restaurants. During the day you are right on top of a nice beach with plenty of bars and cafes open. I would recommend getting a hire car to explore the island as there is plenty to see and do. The island has not been overly commercialized so plenty to explore and you can drive round easily within a day. It's also really easy to get a ferry to the mainland and Kavala is worth a day trip. We also used the local buses which are cheap although don't come on time or very often. A taxi to Thassos town is also worth it as there are some nice sights, bars and restaurants there as well. We also booked a boat trip with TUI which was great fun and good value but can be done cheaper if prepared to arrange yourself in Thassos town.

The only slight negative is that there is no shop nearby. It's a solid 20-30 minute walk in the heat a long the main road. We did it a couple times and flagged taxis down to take us back to the hotel. The hotel is fairly isolated so if you are after a nightlife near your hotel then it is not the place for you. It is an excellent smaller sized family hotel but older children may get bored as not lots of activities for them outside of usual beach and pool activities. The hotel has plenty of free of charge sunbeds on the beach as well which we used a few times. Need to get there early to avoid disappointment though as it is a popular beach with locals and other nationalities. The evening entertainment is so bad its good type so after a couple drinks everyone was in the right frame of mind for it.

We had a standard room which was a little on the small size for a family of 3 but it met our needs easily for the whole stay and we had no problems at all whilst we stayed there. Overall a lovely hotel and lovely island.

Room tip: The higher the better as got fantastic views and only 3 or 4 stories high anyway
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Mattbenfletch
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

I thought I had reviewed The Sentido as soon as I came back from holiday but just went to re read the review to relive a little of the magic and was sad that I couldn’t find it... so here goes again!

Everything about this hotel is fabulous. From the welcome towel on arrival to the amazing pool and sea view rooms. We had glorious weather and met lovely people and more than anything received fabulous service. Vaso, Achilles, Dora and Spiros stood out at the pool bar whilst Georgia and the lovely boys in the main restaurant were also fabulous. I can highly recommend yoga with Penelope each morning - she makes beginners feel at ease and very welcome.
The taverna on in site was lovely - order the halloumi you won’t be disappointed!
The hotel booked us a taxi and the driver was fabulous and very reliable for the whole two weeks.
If you book with Thomas Cook I personally would t bother with the island tour (especially if you are under the age of 50) but we did have a good time on our 7 hour boat trip.

Thassos is quiet but the hotel is perfect for some R and R.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank PeaceLover63