“Best Food in Karpathos”
Review of Grande

Grande
Reviewed October 13, 2018

So amazing pastitio I did not have in Greece yet. Absolutely the best! Fantastic taste and so soft that it was crumpling on the tongue. A huge portion, so much meat can not eat one person. Fortunately, there are some hungry cats. Excellent service and amazing chairs, unlike the typical Greek ones, could sit for more than an hour :-) We returned a few times and we strongly recommend!

Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

We got the kleftiko and angus beef bearnaise and it was indeed good. The bearnaise was not as good and tasty as in scandinavia but the rest was really good (thumbs up). And the service was suberb

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

Man, oh, man!! We are yearly visitors to Karpathos and Pigadia (aka Karpathos Town). We have passed by Grande— clustered among several taverns “one street off the harbor”— hundreds of times without realizing its seating is not on the street but one floor “above the hubbub.” It has a super water view and well-designed ambience. What a wonderful surprise! And the food!! Great variety and very tasty, with hefty portions at good prices. I particularly liked the pasta served in two bowls, one with the pasta, and one with the sauce, to ladle as much or as little as you choose. And the service was fast and caring. Grande was grand!!

Reviewed September 17, 2018

The charming Manos tempted us into his restaurant that overlooks Pigadia harbour. The menu looked as though it went beyond the usual Greek fare. Unfortunately, it did not. It was very much the usual. He admitted as he served my starter (Mushrooms Provincial) that it was pretty much a smaller version of the vegetarian main I had ordered. I changed the main order to spaghetti with grilled vegetables, but when it came, it was spaghetti with a spoonful of the starter on top. I sent it back and he brought what he claimed was spaghetti in garlic sauce but which was, in fact, spaghetti with grated raw garlic. After trying it, I left it and asked for the spaghetti to be taken off the bill which, to be fair, he did with no argument. My husband’s starter, roast garlic with feta, was a slab of feta with a few garlic cloves served in a piece of tin foil. His Greek pizza was - unsurprisingly, I suppose - swamped with feta and he could eat only a small portion. We took the remainder home but struggled to eat it. The wine was the usual thin, Greek stuff. Just not good enough for the setting and the prices. Try a bit harder, Manos.

2  Thank Lynne M
Reviewed August 18, 2018

We stayed in Pigadia for almost a month and came to Grande almost every other day! The food was amazing and the service was fast - which is not something you find in this village. Tons of options whether you are looking for Greek or American - and delicious coffee. Beautiful view right on the water - friendly atmosphere, highly highly recommend

Date of visit: August 2018