Sound of the Sea studios, spa and tennis hotel
Alimounda Mare(Karpathos Town (Pigadia))
$133
Princess Studios(Karpathos Town (Pigadia))
$43
Titania Hotel(Karpathos Town (Pigadia))
$51
Electra Beach Hotel(Karpathos Town (Pigadia))
Aparthotel Diakonis(Karpathos Town (Pigadia))
Oceanis Hotel(Karpathos Town (Pigadia))
Blue Bay Hotel(Karpathos Town (Pigadia))
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
  • Free Internet
Konstantinos Palace(Karpathos Town (Pigadia))
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
Regina Hotel(Karpathos Town (Pigadia))
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsfresh figsrental carsalt waterbeautiful viewminute walkelenaaccommodationguestsmeterspigadiatownkarpathosbeaches
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2012

A small apartment complex, just outside Pigadia (Karpathos city).
I was born on the island of Mauritius and my husband in Holland, we lived most of our live in South Africa, we have seen a lot of the world and Greece but this beats everything we ever stayed.
Small scale apartment complex run by mother, father, daughter.
What a hospitality we found there I thought that was a thing from the past !
If you look for rest, cleanness and quietness this is the place to go .
A nice complex with big apartments and nice big balconies all with full sea view, a big saltwater pool and a small but good restaurant bar (mama does all the cooking her self).
The owners speak English, France and Greek [they spent some time in Canada] which makes life even more easy as a foreigner .
I say we found a little paradise on a beautiful island .

Room Tip: You ask for a single room they are so big you can play soccer in them they all have a very big private balcony.They get cleaned every day
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mdgib7
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Amazing place to stay especially if you want to experience the warmth of Greek culture and the picturesque beauty of the Greek Islands.

The property is owned by a wonderful family, who really care about their customers. It is pretty, clean, well maintained and rooms are very comfortable.

The family also speaks English and French, so you are sure to be understood. What I loved most was getting a taste of the charm of Greek culture from them. They also know everything about the Island, which was very helpful information, because I love really exploring the places I visit.

I loved the music and even danced! I didn’t find it loud at all.

Make sure you bring some good walking shoes, the island is a jewel to explore!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank S0nja123
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We stayed here in September 2011. We had a one room studio on the ground floor. Our studio was spacious with twin beds, bathroom en-suite, kitchinette and balcony.
The beds were fairly hard but the owners can supply a foam top matrass if required.
The furniture was fairly basic. We would have liked more storage space.
The bathroom was OK with a good shower (sometimes limited hot water in the morning).
As in most Greek accomodations, the WC paper has to be put in a bin. Pity!!!
The walking distance to the town centre/harbour is about 20 mins walk up and down a hill.
The nearest beach is about 30 mins away. We would recommend hiring your own transport to get around.

Room Tip: The view from some ground-floor studios is restricted. Some accommodations are wheelchair accessible. The parking area is gravel.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lubertus
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Loud music bý the pool and reception area all day long. Requests to lower the music were ignored. Instead of "Sound of the sea" this hotel should be named "Sound of music". A pity, the rooms were large, some with a nice sea view.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Smilla02
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I anticipate this is not a review on the accomodation itself but on the unprofessional attitude of the staff of the "Sound of the Sea" hotel in Karpathos.
In summer you can't wait for an answer regarding your reservation request too long, otherwise you miss other opportunities to find an accomodation.
Well, I wrote on the message board of the "sound of the sea" asking for infos about rooms and rates, waited more than one day, than sent an e-mail because I thought they might not have seen my first message.
After several days I am still waiting for an answer which, very likely, I will never get. In the meantime I reserved another accomodation, of course.
I point out that all the other hotels big ones and family run, even the more "crowded" and and even when fully booked, answered to my e-mails in a reasonable time;.
I think that, even in case there were no rooms available, not answering to attempt of contacts from customers is very unprofessional, particularly from a so appearantly “organized” and not family run hotel.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple