“Great property”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Osiecznica
Krakow, Poland
“Great property”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great hotel in historical castle from 19/20 century, which was completely renovated and modernised. The castle is located in huge garden, has own indoor pool and spacious rooms (different types). Our room was in main part of castle, very stylish and with great equipment. Everything was clan and comfy. The staff are polite and helful. The brakfast was quite nice with good choice of food but the hotel's restaurant left rather average feeling. Overall it is really good place to stay for example for weekend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed in the Imperial Luxury apartment for two night. Amazing room and bathroom! We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner here, wonderful service and food. Our family of 4 , 2 adults and 2 children really enjoyed this place, with the playground, table tennis , pool and kid friendly menu.
( when you serve children fish PLEASE MAKE SURE IT IS FREE OF BONES!) other than that food was wonderful! 15min to Polish Pottery factories. Special thanks to the young guy who served us and did our room service, he was very good and we enjoyed his service. thank you

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lewes, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The castle is beautiful and the prices are very reasonable. I have stayed here several times when on business in Poland and I have always had a good night's sleep. The breakfast is very good and the service is excellent.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Will R
uk
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We felt in love with the lOWER sILESIA... SO we took our friends on a 6-day trip through the Lower Silesia in October (ZAMEK CZOCHA, KLICZKOW and Fridlant! Kliczkow offers good service but the quality of breakfast could be better for that price... in my opinion it lacks a homely atmosphere we were seeking for. The receptionists here aren't helpful but the rest of the staff is very attentive and dedicated. Great coffee in a courtyard. Nice surroundings.

Room Tip: pick the romms with renovated bathroom.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We just happened upon this beautiful castle hotel by chance. Our plans changed and we ended up in Poland a night earlier and found this place thanks to the staff at the Blue Beetroot where were scheduled to stay the following night. The staff had our room ready after the Blue Beetroot called so we were all set. Our room was on the 3rd floor on the far wing in an "apartment" all the way at the end of the castle. It was a larger room with a pull out couch for kids. The staff was sort of friendly. Not as nice as the Blue Beetroot where we stayed our 2nd night in Poland.

The room was a bit dated. With the castle being so lovely from the outside I had hopes the room but have a bit of that same warmth. It looked like ABC hotel from the inside maybe from the 80's with dated print curtains ect. The room had no charm or interesting wood work. It was very bland. The beds had crisp linens and the bath was very clean. We slept well in our bed. The pull out couch was not made up for our child but had linens out.

A mattress pad would have been nice in addition for the pull-out instead of just the 1 sheet and duvet they provided. The shower was a good size and worked well and was clean. The hair dryer was very dated and old. The carpets were stained and dirty. The hallway outside our room smelled like cat but the room itself was fine. The TV only had 3 or 4 channels that worked and all were in Polish. It seemed like there was no cable. They told us there was wi-fi in the lobby but I couldn't get my iPhone or iPad to connect. We also tried to hard wire our netbook to their DSL with no luck..

Since the breakfast part of the hotel was so very far from our room it would have been nice to have a tea kettle in the room. There was no fridge.

All that aside we did enjoy our stay. I try to be honest. The sign outside listed the hotel as a 3 star and to me it's a solid 3 star in an amazing setting. If the staff had been a bit warmer maybe it would have bumped up to a 4. It was really fun to sleep in a castle! The grounds were very pretty with lots of green space. There is stable with horses on the property and they said rides were possible.

We were there to pottery shop. We got up and had a great breakfast. The dining room was beautiful. We walked around that part of the hotel and it was very pretty. Lots of great dark wood and carved ceilings. The breakfast was very good. They had a huge selection of items. There was something for everyone on the large buffet. The staff didn't speak much...any English but for the girls at the reception. There is a really pretty room off the bar. It has a beautiful ceiling and painted walls and a stage. It would have been nice to know a bit more about the history. There were a few books but no one could tell me much.

After breakfast I took off shopping and my husband and daughter stayed behind to play in the pool. It's a pretty setting for the pool in what was once an indoor ridding area for horses! Some of the hotels in the area offer guides to help Polish Pottery shoppers. This hotel did not. I had the sense that it's a bit off the beaten path for Americans. It was worth the bit extra drive and a short ride to the Pottery Factory of Wiza. They may be missing a great target audience as there are lots of us that come from Germany to shop!

I didn't have a chance to check out the spa but it might be a really fun place to go for a girls/couples weekend trip. What could be better than a day of shopping or hiking followed by spa treatments? I can't say if they were good or what the spa looked like.

There is a small playground outback for little kids with a few toys. The tennis courts looked nice. I saw a group going out on a rafting trip just outside the castle grounds. The parking seemed secure as the hotel is set back a bit from the road.

It looked like they offered package for rooms/meals and spa treatments. It might we worth checking those out.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SpotTVMom
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stayed at Zamek Kliczkow over this past weekend with two friends for a girls shopping weekend. The two down-sides to Zamek Kliczkow are breakfast and the beds. Breakfast is usually hard for me because I don't eat eggs, but even my egg-eating friends turned away from the scrambled eggs offered on the buffet. There were two beds and a loveseat in our room - we asked for a cot and was told the loveseat was it - fortuneately, one of my friends is 5'3", so she slept on the loveseat. Unfortuneatley, that left me and my other friend sleeping on the beds - I think I should have slept on the floor. The beds were terribly uncomfortable.
The spa! Oh, the spa! LOVED it!!!! and the price can not be beat. :) I did the "INDOCEANE ALL INCLUSIVE" package for PLN360 (about $120) for 1.5 hours of bliss!!
Dinner was FANTASTIC! Great food, served hot and beautifully plated and a good choice of wine.
I would absolutely recommend this to a friend and would stay there again if the opportunity presented itself.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank justanarmywife
Wroclaw, Poland
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Zamek Kliczkow is a bit off the beaten track, but that shouldn't put anyone off going there. I recently had the opportunity to visit this excellent neo-renaissance castle as part of a trip organised by DOT (the Dolnoslaska Tourism Organisation) and I had a great time.

The castle itself is surrounded by some of the last protected forest in the region and as such has a wonderful faraway feeling and some phenomenal views of the nearby countryside. That said, it's less than a two hour drive from there to Wroclaw, a major Polish city in the region, and is situated very close to Boleslawiec, a city famous for its unique blue and white ceramics, so it's not exactly in the middle of nowhere.

The castle itself is a great example of the old meeting the new. It's gone through a lot of changes since being used as a technical college until the mid 90's, but these are all to the better. The rooms have been beautifully restored, and the old-fashioned features converted into all the modern luxuries you might expect from a hotel. For example, what was once the horse stable is now a swimming pool, and what was once a wine cellar is now an extremely well-stocked health spa. The rooms also perfectly combine the old with the new, providing you with everything you could want but with an old-worldly charm.

The food is also excellent. Being an all-you-can-eat buffet, I was worried that it would either be too bland or too limited in range, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was neither. This too took its theme from the old meeting the new, by combining traditional Medieval cuisine with more modern dishes from the Dolnoslask region. There is even a fire pit out in the courtyard for those who prefer to cook their own food in the old-fashioned way over a roaring log fire with a bottle of vodka in hand.

Overall, this is a great romantic getaway which will suit everyone from the overworked trying to get away from it all to the adventure-seekers looking for something a little bit out of the way. My girlfriend and I are already planning a return trip very soon and I recommend you do the same!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank RJBurgess
Also consider these accommodations in or near Osiecznica
Czocha Castle Hotel
#1 of 2 in Szprotawa
Palac Brunow
Palac Brunow
#1 of 2 in Lwowek Slaski

Been to Zamek Kliczkow Centrum Konferencyjno-Wypoczynkowe? Share your experiences!