See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 29, 2018

Untold amount of potential at this hotel. Great spot - and it was a good price.

But it needs plenty of TLC (Tender Loving Care).

I read a few of the other reviews - and the thing I saw a lot was 'Would have been great in it's Heyday'. And it's absolutely correct. I'm old enough to remember looking at travel brochures in the 70's and 80's - and something with these kind of facilities - well it would have been a rarity. I'm just not sure they've updated anything since then really.

But it's 2017/2018 and the reality is - it's just not really competing with the other hotels. They can produce a pleasant photo - but it's Southern Crete - not too difficult.

Underneath that though - it's just not that great. I would have tolerated the week - but we made (because we easily could) other arrangements and left. I'm sad to say it. I prefer to encourage.

On the basis that I'd rate a Premier Inn in the UK a three (unless something simply amazing and surprising happened) - well, this has to be a two.

That doesn't mean they won't feed you - it doesn't mean it's a bad location, it's just outclassed in almost everything .... almost everywhere.

I guess the cost of bringing it into line with some of the corporate owned facilities would be prohibitive (from a cash investment perspective) for a family hotel. It's a shame - because of the location.

All that said - balancing the value and cost....... but sadly, I just can't say three.....

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank G6740QKandrewe
Reviewed October 11, 2017

I booked Hotel Eden Rock as a last minute trip after a long summer of work.
I was looking for a relaxing holiday with sun, sea, good food and good people.
I got them all!
After a smooth bus journey down to Agia Fotia from the airport, I got to the Hotel and was instantly upgraded to a room with a sea view! A great start indeed.
I then spent 7 nights either by the pool sipping on beer, or down by the gorgeous little beach 5 minutes away, lying in the sun, swimming in the sea, and sipping on beer!
The staff were all friendly and amazing. The buffet food was generous and delicious, and I came away completely relaxed and a lot more tanned than when I arrived!
Thanks so much Andreas and everyone at Eden. See you again soon!
Steve

Room tip: Sea view rooms are much more quiet than a room closer t the car park.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank SteveOn808
Reviewed October 4, 2017

We booked our Crete holiday after flights were cancelled to Miami during hurrican Irma.
The Eden Rock is very tired old place which needs ALL of it refurbished, the food is average but sometimes ok. We found the pool area ok but the two huge parasols were broken and hard to erect for some shade. The grass area is ok but all the sunloungers are well worn with holes in them, there was a dead lizard at the bottom of the pool for a few days and the pool was dirty in the deep end, the pool attendant only came every few days and didn't seem to do much.

Room tip: Ask for a sea view.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2017

This was our first experience of crete. The drive from the Heraklion to Eden Rock was about an hr and 20 minutes for which we paid thru our nose.(€130) But we did get a Mercedes which made it a smooth journey. Eden Rock is at a great location and is right on the main road. We were welcomed by Andreas the owner of the hotel who is a very friendly guy who sold us into taking a sea side facing and wifi enabled room for an xtra €5 a night which we took. But the wifi was not working in the room. The rooms are very basic but you will like it. There is hot and cold water to shower and an AC which needs to be a bit more effective considering the heat in Crete.
We were on a B&B basis and the breakfast is pretty decent- fresh fruits and bread and lots of local dishes.
The pool is clean and there is a bar at the pool as well.
The beach is a 15 minute walk from the hotel and another one which is a 30 minute walk but worth the effort. There are a few restaurants on the way to the beech. I would strongly recommend The River- the food id to die for and is very reasonable.The evenings at the hotel are very peaceful and relaxing.So if you are looking for a holida just to relax and rejuvenate Eden Rock is the place.
Thanks Andreas and apologies fort he late review.
Joshua
Glasgow

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed September 25, 2017

Just had a second holiday here,lovely,no complaints what so ever!i am recovering from an illness,and the family were so caring to me,if you want chips and bingo.dont go,but if you want peace,and would like to recharge your batteries,this is the ideal place,many thanks.x

• Trip type: Traveled solo