“everything you could want”
Review of Royal Yeoman

Royal Yeoman
Royal Yeoman
Ranked #1 of 1 Grimstone B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 21, 2012

its in a great location, plenty of parking, The hosts are very friendly and welcoming. I was in room 4, massive room with large en-suite. The bed was very very cumfy, Im not a good sleeper but I had a good night on this bed,, This place is spotless cant fault it.. the breakfast has everything you could want including fresh fruit, There isnt any bad points so would recomend to anyone and everyone...

Room Tip: I was in room 4, If all the rooms are like mine, then any
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Was booked into this b+b through work and to be honest you fear the worst.
No need to worry this is a great b+b. spotless, super friendly and the food they offer is far superior than any big chain hotels.
Sue and gary thanks for making us welcome we will definately use you again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed for a long weekend at the Royal Yeoman, together with three other couples, while we visited National Trust properties with Thomas Hardy connections.

Our friends stayed at the B&B while we used our motor caravan to camp on the rear lawn which is a Caravan Club members five van site. Our grass pitch was level, the electric hook up worked well and we had the use of a combined toilet and shower.

All our friends were happy with their rooms and particularly liked the welcome tray. We took the option of joining our friends for breakfast which could not be faulted for both quality and quantity.

The owners offered to provide dinner on our first night which all eight of us enjoyed - a varied choice of meals, well cooked and reasonably priced, as were the drinks. On the following night we all ate at the, within walking distance,'Saxon Arms' at Stratton - again good value pub food but make sure you book in advance.

The Royal Yeoman has much to recommend it but probably its best feature is the warmth of the welcome and friendliness of the owners - nothing was too much trouble for them from a pot of tea on arrival to the provision of a large table for card games on our last evening.

For anyone wanting to explore Dorchester and the surrounding area it would be difficult to beat the Royal Yeoman'.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I generally avoid staying in B&B's as I prefer the anonymity of a hotel, however the Yeoman looked OK on the web so I went for it. I booked room 1, the best room in the B&B. It was indeed a lovely room. Dual aspect, lots of space, nice furnishings.

The hosts were perfect. Just the right amount of friendliness without being overbearing. Also the breakfast was spot on.

I am looking forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Go for room 1. It was great for a couple. However, there is only a shower in the bathroom.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank DJGEEEE
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Actually my daughter her boyfriend and my son stayed for a night at the Royal Yeoman and were very impressed. My son who has stayed in quite a few luxury hotels said that it was possibly the best place he had ever stayed. They all loved the rooms and were very happy with the stay. It was actually the wrong place because I actually booked the wrong Dorchester Road since we wanted to stay in Weymouth for a family event but the quality compensated for this.

Room Tip: The location was not ideal for our requirements but that was totally my fault for making a mistake w...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Me and my husband stayed here for 1 night before a wedding. Sue and Gary where very helpful and sorted an extra room for us last minute for the Groom, they really saved the day!! We were very well looked after, nothing was too much trouble. Our room was lovely, absolutely spotless and very comfortable. Breakfast was good with lots of choice. Thank you again Sue & Gary, would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: This B&B was in the perfect location for us but it is on the main A37 road so wouldn't suit...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hayley L
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed on a Sunday evening, there was no evening meal served but the landlady pointed us to the Saxon Arms just half a mile away where we had a nice meal before returning to our large airy room which was spotless. a large comfy bed ensured a good nights sleep even though there is a fair bit of traffic passing, as the Yeoman is right on the A37. The breakfast was good with a choice of just about anything you want and the owner was helpful with ideas of what to do in the locality. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: A room at the back to avoid noise of passing Traffic
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RickLjungsbro

Been to Royal Yeoman? Share your experiences!