“A classy restaurant with equally as classy food - perfect for a special night out”

Restaurante Los Roques
Ranked #8 of 44 Restaurants in Los Abrigos
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Restaurante Los Roques offers some of the finest dining in Tenerife. With fresh ingredients sourced from local fishermen and farmers, the food is delightfully seasonal and prepared with the utmost attention to detail. In addition to the regularly changing a la carte options, there is a tasting menu, which gives the diner the opportunity to try a wider range of dishes. Wines include an excellent selection of both local and better known international offerings and there is an extensive cocktail list. With sunset views across the bay, this is a must visit restaurant for food lovers, those in search of a romantic air and anyone looking for somewhere to celebrate a special occasion.
Reviewed June 15, 2013

From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave, you are looked after. From being shown to your table where rugs are provided in case you get chilly late evening to discussions and advice on the dishes - this is the ideal place to go for a really wonderful eating experience.

The food was excellent, it was obvious that top quality ingredients were used in the construction of their masterpieces. I will never forget the fois gras and the rolled chicken for my main course, also the selection of wines.

This is definitely on my list of places for a return visit when I am next in Tenerife.

1  Thank Nickella
There are newer reviews for Restaurante Los Roques

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We have championed this restaurant since it opened about 5 years ago and the secret is
now out and I am very pleased for them.
One walks to the restaurant by a walkway by the sea passing many cafes and restaurants along the way imploring you to try their menu , one feels slightly sad for them , the Roques
not only serves great food but it looks the part , its nearly at the end of the quayside with a view of the sea and the boats bobbing about.
We sit on the little terrace outside, a dirty martini, bellini, then Langoustine bisque , daurade,
desserts , a tarte and a " truffle Baileys " all is delicious washed down with a Tenerife white ,
the marmajueloonly 20 eu a bottle but very good.
133 eu for this delicious and enjoyable meal, I mention this because in England fior food
of this quality plus the drinks one would pay a lot more.
Peter , the owner is charm personified, the staff are all pleasant including the head waiter
not one false note, as I probably have said before I wish this place was my local.
We escape here from the Gran Bahia for a little romantic meal together- perfection !

1  Thank alanEastSussexUk
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were staying in the nearby resort of Golf Del Sur and it was just a short walk along the coast to Los Roques. We had a lovely meal there from the A La Carte menu I started with the king prawns flambeed in vodka with a little drop of chipotle sauce which was deliciously hot and spicy, my partner started with the octopus which was his favorite part of the meal. For main I had the rocket, 3 cheese and walnut tortollini - it was full of lovely savory flavours and textures - with the pasta being al dente. My partner had the seafood risotto / paella type dish - can't remember the exact name of it, but the seafood was well cooked and the rice very moist. For dessert (even though I don't have a sweet tooth I couldn't resist) I went for the avocado sorbet, which came with so many flavours you'd think it wouldn't work but IT DOES! (flavours included : orange peel, dark choc, white choc, pistacio, lime, avocado, a crumb - which I can't remember what it was!) it was more a work of art then a dessert - but amazing. My partner had the tarte tartin and all he could say was top notch! A great meal - fantastic location and EXCELLENT service.

Don't forget the cheese straws which are on the table when you arrive and the breads with the different dips - houmous, tapenade and goats cheese and we had a local white wine - Los Frontos, which we had to track down after our visit because it was so yummy.

1  Thank JPea8
LosRoques, Owner at Restaurante Los Roques, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Hello JPea8!

Thank-you for visiting us, and especially for taking the time to write the review, feedback of any kind is always appreciated.

We're pleased you enjoyed everything so much, it sounds like you visited us just before we changed some dishes as we no longer have the Arroz Caldoso (seafood/rice dish) or the tortellini.

The dessert was the Palta, avocado and lime sorbet on an almond biscuit with a white chocolate sauce with thyme, decorated with dark chocolate and candied citrus peel. It does indeed sound strange but it does taste good! It's our longest running dish (now 6 years) and one that very likely will never be taken off the menu - we did change it once but so many people complained we had to put it back!

Once again, thanks for your review and hope to see you again next time you're in Tenerife!

Peter.

P.S. A quick note for everyone reading - we're about to close for our holidays; we're open until Thursday the 6th of June, and then were closed for a few weeks, re-opening on Thursday the 4th of July.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

As we were looking for a slightly more fancy meal than usual, we ended up in Los Roques. The looks of this restaurant are a bit smarter than the others along the stretch and so is the food! High quality ingredients, great combinations of tastes and structures and lovely wines to accompany the dishes. The prices are higher than in other restaurants in Tenerife, but still lower than those you'd pay at home for this type of meal! Make sure you plan enough time for your visit though, as this is the type of place that does not rush to get the dishes out. There was more than half an hour between our starter and main course, which was a bit long, especially as we had a toddler with us and the restaurant didn't seem particularly busy. Not that our child minded by the way: she thoroughly enjoyed the amuse the bouche we all got (she got one to herself; how nice is that?!), the lovely freshly made and baked bread and her vegetable pakora! The waiters were good and knowledgeable, albeit that one was significantly friendlier than the other, who came across a bit stand-offish.
Altogether a great place, which we would definitely recommend if you fancy a nice upmarket restaurant. Also perfect for special occasions!

1  Thank Clogsie
Reviewed May 27, 2013

But I must just add my voice. Dinner with Peter and Silvieu was a highlight of our visit to Tenerife and we will return for another at the earliest opportunity. I felt cruel walking past all the other restaurants here, to our reserved table, as they all tried to lure us in but I doubt if they could compete. If it is your first visit I must recommend the tasting menu with its accompanying wines. Peter describes the wines lovingly, as if it is all for you, when he must have done it a million times before and both the food and wine were starry. What more can I say?

2  Thank AlfredaBelize