“Pleasant Surprise”

Ranked #5 of 49 Restaurants in Los Abrigos
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Restaurante Los Roques offers some of the finest dining in Tenerife. With fresh ingredients sourced from local fishermen and farmers, the food is delightfully seasonal and prepared with the utmost attention to detail. In addition to the regularly changing a la carte options, there is a tasting menu, which gives the diner the opportunity to try a wider range of dishes. Wines include an excellent selection of both local and better known international offerings and there is an extensive cocktail list. With sunset views across the bay, this is a must visit restaurant for food lovers, those in search of a romantic air and anyone looking for somewhere to celebrate a special occasion.
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We had been recommended to eat at this restaurant but expected standard to good Tenerife fare. What a pleasant surprise to find that the food was of excellent international standard while incorporating locally sourced organic products. The waiting staff were also able to offer wines which complemented the dishes and the whole experience was one that we hope to repeat next time we visit.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I read previous reviews and was impressed by the comments, so decided my wife and I should visit.
Almost everything we had was perfect, my only slight complaint was the Thia fishcakes, which, I felt were overcooked.
Apart from that slight niggle everything else was absolutely excellent.
Would and have recommended to friends.

1  Thank ianmavinhall
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Spendid meal......Thank you Seba and all......Those were mean cocktails!

1  Thank Shirley B
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Although restaurants like this are reasonably easily accessible at home (we live near Dublin) it seems as though they're really rare in Tenerife.

Ok, so the price is a bit higher than other places we dined, but you get what you pay for. And I'm not (thankfullly) talking piles of food, I'm talking quality. That quality reaches everything, the interior, plates, glasses, toilets (wife was very impressed), service, and of course the food.

Without a doubt the best meal we had during our stay. The staff even recommended a couple of restaurants closer to where we're staying that might suit us better than what we'd had so far. I'm sure we'll be back and we'll be recommending it to our friends.

Note on the score, I'd probably give 4.5/5 but can't do that, but they deserve more than 4/5 so 5/5 it is.

2  Thank John O
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I'm lucky enough as part of my work to entertain people every couple of weeks in some of the best restaurants in London.

If this place were in London it'd be one of my top choices for a place to go. Although it's not quite "Michelin Star" standard it's pretty close (it is in the Michelin guide), and I would say it is better than a couple of places in London that still have a star and probably don't deserve them.

One of the things we liked most was the total lack of pretension - my GF pointed this out. London waiters in the best restaurants can be really stuffy, but these guys seemed genuinely friendly and concerned about us and made us feel like they wanted us to have a good time, something you don't normally get with this standard of food.

All of the food was really good but a couple of the dishes were exceptional - a starter of ostrich carpaccio with truffle and foie-gras, (the ostrich comes from a local farm apparently!), a special that they had that day which was seared tuna, caught by local fishermen, with sesame and egg-fried rice, tomato and wasabi. The flavour combination was totaly unique and absolutely birlliant. And a dessert with a funny name, made from avocado, lime, white chocolate and thyme, yes, really. Again, never had anything like it.

The views are stunning, get there before sunset to see the sun go down behind the coast.

For me the most amazing thing was the price - I really don't know how they do it. We had 3 courses each, cocktails, wine, coffee, water. With tax and a decent tip it was 115€. It's a bit more pricey than most restaurants we looked at nearby but believe me, as someone that's constantly picking up the bill in places like this in the UK you'd pay at least £150, most likely more, for this kind of food back in London. This makes it really good value, the quality is outstanding.

Oh, and reserve. We were sat near the entrance and saw a couple of people without reservations turned away. The restaurant wasn't full but they would have to wait a bit and they didn't want to. Again, very impressed by this - some restaurants would just seat the customers and try and serve them and probably be too slow or make it slow for everyone else.

If you're looking for steak and chips or pizza/pasta then go elsewhere. But if you want a true fine-dining experience at about 70% of what you'd pay in the UK then put this in your budget and go.

4  Thank Mark H