“august holiday”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Just had a fantastic 15 day holiday in golf del sur and los abrigos is one of our favourite places. Came to tenerife last year and discovered the cave by chance. Hosts very friendly, setting the best, with sea views, listening to the waves whilst eating. This holiday we visited the cave three times. And also visited their stall at the local tapas event in los Abrigos, which the owner told us about in our first visit to restaurant this year. The food is freshly cooked, best steaks ever! Fresh veg, lovely salads, and potatoes, small rosemary with garlic! Yum! Hosts are so friendly, food delicious and setting you won't find nicer. the restaurant is beautifully decorated with photos of teide and beautiful lighting. Lovely crockery and linen napkins. It was never over busy but we liked that, although I don't know why, best restaurant we went to. Thank you.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We ate at the cave one week ago today after looking at the picture outside the restaurant (as you wouldnt think it would be that nice from the outside). Anyway the food was fantastic (I had monkfish tails which I loved) and the view of the sea is exceptional. We didn't know about the cave until a nice lady who worked there came over to take us down there for a little look, very special.

There was only 1 other couple in with us for the duration, but I put that down to people not knowing, rather than the quality of the place,

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I visited this small fishing Village with a Lady who was kind enough to tell me about this hidden Gem :) From the outside it looks like your average small restaurant ? My lady friend insisted for me to have a look inside ! It was early in the day and we popped our heads inside thinking and shouted Hello ! and a guy answered ''Yes !'' It was the proprietor and to my surprise it turned out to be a very friendly Irish man who introduced himself and welcomed me in to have a look !
So glad i went in and i have to say this really opened my eyes as one of the niced ''Hidden Gems I have ever been in '' Sadly it was too early in the day to sit down with my beautiful Princess and treat her to a romantic meal !
Next time im in Tenerife this has to be the chosen place for me to win my Spanish bride over a candlelit dinner !
A must for all you guys that want to take your lady to a romantic setting !

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have been to La Cueva twice now and the problem is the quality of the food does not cut it.
The restaurant is nicely set up with a lovely view and good service.
The menu is very appealing but the chef needs shooting.
There is a repartition in the reviews of the restaurant saying the same thing so give it a miss,shame though.
If your the chef reading this you could have a gold mine here f you got it right,stopped using the microwave and cooked

Reviewed May 20, 2013

La Cueva is situated in a fantastic spot and the menu looks just great. The waitresses are pleasant and slightly formal, which hightened our expectations even further. However, we were a bit disappointed by the quality of the food that was served. In one word: plain. Also too much 'microwave-pinging' going on, which probably explains the lack of structure and bite in some of what was served. We did visit on a monday though, so maybe chef had a day off or just a bad day? Please see for yourself, as other visitors seem happy and the view is amazing!