“A Great Find”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“A Great Find”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stumbled across The Cave by chance whilst wandering around Los Abrigos - a real piece of good fortune - and subsequently enjoyed two excellent evenings there. Had we found it earlier in our holiday I'm sure we would have visited more than twice.

The location and ambience are lovely and the food excellent, supported by efficient and very friendly service. We will certainly return when we are next in the area.

• Visited September 2012

York, United Kingdom
“Never been disappointed yet !”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We have been to The Cave restaurant many times with friends and family over the past year.
We eat out two or three times a week, and of all restaurants we use the cave is our favourite.
The food,service and ambience cannot be faulted.Nothing is ever too much trouble for Rossa and his team.

• Visited July 2012
“Great food and fantastic service”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We eat in many restaurants in Tenerife and the cave is certainly up there with the best. Not just the fact that the food is without fault, the staff friendly but efficient, but also the amazing views. I noticed that somebody commented on some of the dishes that I have tried complaining that the ribs were covered in honey, which the menu clearly states and by the way are succulent ,sweet and the meat just falls off the bone also I had the monk fish which didn't come in batter but was in soy and Ginger and so tasty( yes the sauce was brown but last time I checked so was soya sauce)I recommend trying it for yourself.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“I don't normaly do reviews but”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

As a semi regular visitor to Tenerife I always find some thing different to do and the cave came into that catagory about a year ago and we have found our selves coming here with every visit and also recommending to friends.
On arriving in Tenerife this time after reading a bad review on it we thought we must see whats went wrong as some of the items in the review didn't ring true and sure enough it was not true the staff were their usual charming selfs the food was excellent with some beautiful wines

“So disappointing”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The cave seemed like a nice restraunt and the woman working there was nice and made good conversation with us but her lack of listening skills and the chefs lack of talent really lowered standards. When I came here with a friend it seemed good I had ordered a chicken and they said they could do it without the cognac and mushroom sauce but when it after I had heard the microwave ping and so them bringing it through I noticed it was drenched in the sauce. They had got the first bit right as the sauce had no cognac but they left it with mushrooms and mushroom sauce. It was a disaster. I tried to scrape the sauce off the chicken but I only managed to finish roughly a third of it, that's without the disgusting revolt of potato that I saw Infront of me. It tasted like cardboard that had just came out the microwave. The person I was with had the monkfish in batter which he barley managed half of as it was drenched in a salty brown sauce. They also drenched my spare ribs in honey which joined it for me. It is the worst thing we have had in Tenerife and I would rather have the planes inflight menu.