“Great food and fantastic service”
Review of La cueva de Los Abrigos - CLOSED

La cueva de Los Abrigos
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We eat in many restaurants in Tenerife and the cave is certainly up there with the best. Not just the fact that the food is without fault, the staff friendly but efficient, but also the amazing views. I noticed that somebody commented on some of the dishes that I have tried complaining that the ribs were covered in honey, which the menu clearly states and by the way are succulent ,sweet and the meat just falls off the bone also I had the monk fish which didn't come in batter but was in soy and Ginger and so tasty( yes the sauce was brown but last time I checked so was soya sauce)I recommend trying it for yourself.

There are newer reviews for La cueva de Los Abrigos

Reviewed July 20, 2012

As a semi regular visitor to Tenerife I always find some thing different to do and the cave came into that catagory about a year ago and we have found our selves coming here with every visit and also recommending to friends.
On arriving in Tenerife this time after reading a bad review on it we thought we must see whats went wrong as some of the items in the review didn't ring true and sure enough it was not true the staff were their usual charming selfs the food was excellent with some beautiful wines

Reviewed July 6, 2012

The cave seemed like a nice restraunt and the woman working there was nice and made good conversation with us but her lack of listening skills and the chefs lack of talent really lowered standards. When I came here with a friend it seemed good I had ordered a chicken and they said they could do it without the cognac and mushroom sauce but when it after I had heard the microwave ping and so them bringing it through I noticed it was drenched in the sauce. They had got the first bit right as the sauce had no cognac but they left it with mushrooms and mushroom sauce. It was a disaster. I tried to scrape the sauce off the chicken but I only managed to finish roughly a third of it, that's without the disgusting revolt of potato that I saw Infront of me. It tasted like cardboard that had just came out the microwave. The person I was with had the monkfish in batter which he barley managed half of as it was drenched in a salty brown sauce. They also drenched my spare ribs in honey which joined it for me. It is the worst thing we have had in Tenerife and I would rather have the planes inflight menu.

Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

Just been to this restaurant whilst in the area. I chose it based on the reviews on here and was not disappointed. We went in the cave below and had pre dinner sangria was so unusual and different from all the other restaurants. Me and my boyfriend both had starter and main and they were all presented brilliantly and cooked perfectly. Was great service food and atmosphere and very reasonable prices.

1  Thank Clairebear2206
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We went to this restaurant on the recommendations of others on trip advisor. We were a family of 5, 2 Adults and 3 children we were greeted by a very friendly English waitress taken down into the Cave for pre dinner drinks which was lovely the kids were amazed. We ordered dinner and then went upstairs to sit in the picture window with amazing views over the Sea. We had three courses everyone was presented beautifully and tasted delicious. The service was excellent and the food was excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed our evening and I wish them the best for a busy future would highly recommend. *****

2  Thank natalie B