“Fresh snapper and salted canario potatoes”

Restaurante El Cangrejo de los Abrigos
Ranked #11 of 44 Restaurants in Los Abrigos
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2013

After almost a week in the Golf del Sur region I was going a bit mad about the lack of good food. Thankfully I took a recommendation by a local girl. 'Visit the harbour of Los Abrigos', she told me. We duly walked to San Blas, down the hill, along the beach, across the rocky baranco, and into the little town. Go past all the restaurants until you get to the sheltered harbour. Those ships you see have brought fresh fish that morning! And oh my, it was to die for, in the crazy crab restaurant, Cangrejo Loco! The fish came with the Canary Island specialty of salty wrinkled potatoes. Delicious. And the waitress served freshly baked bread with local dips, the green one made of a strange but tasty herb, the red one pepper based I think. The decor is nothing special, but with food like that who cares. I wish we'd gone there every night!

There are newer reviews for Restaurante El Cangrejo de los Abrigos

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Unfortunately the restaurant was closed when we first visited, however, it was quite quiet on our second visit. We ordered paella, and they automatically serve you the bread without asking. Apparently quite a few restaurant does that, although it was only 1 euro, I would prefer being asked and confirmed that I want it before being served it. Despite this the service was very good, the waiter understands little English and so we struggled to find out more about the dishes. The bread was very soft and served fresh out of the oven. The paella was ok, was a bit too much sauce which should be condensed and holding the paella together, the dish was also smaller than expected and only had two king prawns. This was 24 euros. There were no air con so was quite hot to sit inside but you have a good view over the harbour of Los Abrigos if you sit outside. I would recommended the Restaurante Los Abrigos on the left of this restaurant as they charge only an extra euro but their paella is much tastier and they also have entertainment on at times.

2  Thank Chuckle_Beez
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Very nice restaurant in beautiful place. Very nice view. Perfect kitchen, everything is very tasty. And very kind and cute owner. Atmosphere is very good, like home! Best paella in Los abrigos!!

1  Thank Malyarr
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We arrived here by default, as we intended to go to La Scarpetta, but found it closed. However we were not to be disappointed. The owner invited us in, and we had an excellent meal. I had the hottest pepper steak i have ever had, which was washed down by alhambra lager in frozen pint glasses - absolutely superb. I would also recommend the canarian potatoes - full of salty flavour!

1  Thank Neil H
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This restaurant is in the most beautiful location on the small fishing harbour of Los Abrigos. The service is very personal and attentive. The food is excellent and nothing is pre-prepared. It has a very relaxed atmosphere. Great place to eat.

1  Thank Diana M