“good clean hotel but not perfect”

Roda Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Karousades
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed at the Roda beach hotel from the second of June 2014 for two weeks.
The hotel was very busy at the time i stayed there and at times it was hard to find a sunbed on the beach.
The hotel was clean and the staff worked hard and were always friendly and polite.
My room was cleaned every day so no problem there,the restaurant however was a diffrant story you have to Que for a table then wait for a waiter to take your drinks order, then Que for your buffet style meal.I do not know why but meat seems to be on ration,at breakfast bacon and eggs are doled out by a chef and you get what you are given not what you may want,the same thing happens with meat at lunch and dinner, i am sure if they put it in trays and let the guest select what thy want it would be quicker and make the guest feel happier. I felt like OLIVER TWIST asking for more.
The animation team were not very good and needed to get more involved with the guests,
very very amateur.
I do not want to make this hotel sound bad because it is not,if they did something about the problems i have mentioned it would be perfect.
I believe that the Greek hotels are still learning to do all inclusive holidays,more self service for soft drinks and beer would cut down on Ques and i doubt it would cost the hotel any more.

Room Tip: rooms in the main block are more hand for the restaurant and bars.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank peter s
Write a ReviewReviews (2,574)

Reviewed June 16, 2014

This hotel was mediocre in my opinion, i was quite upset as the reviews I had read made this out to be the best place on Earth, which it certainly wasn't, it wasn't awful but at the same time wasn't fantastic.

I'll start out with the negative points:

Poor reception staff, most of them did not have a clue what was going on, this put me ill at ease.

Meal times were horrendous. Food quality was very good with a good mix for everyone but it really was like feeding time at the zoo! No organisation at all, massive queues and rude people pushing in all the time, aggressive kitchen staff too, God help you if you wanted more than one slice of meat. Screaming kids at every opportunity, far too many people crammed into a small space.
Having to wait for a drink??? Every other all inclusive hotel I've been too allows you to get your own drinks, this place didn't, you had to wait to be served by the restaurant staff, 2 meals I went without a drink, not good.
Rooms were basic, floors not very clean, twice had no towels, bathroom very small, shower barely a trickle.

Good points: Plenty of pools to choose from, good poolside waiting staff.

All in all I wouldn't recommend this hotel, far too crowded and certainly nowhere near as good quality as the reviews make out.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Pallionlad
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Six well travelled OAP's had a wonderful week in Mitsis Roda Beach.
Our flight was delayed two hours then after collecting luggage, Lord Transport had us wait forty minutes until they located a shuttle bus. Then we sat on bus for nearly an hour waiting for other flights to clear , to fill up small bus. Journey to Roda Beach was 1 hr 40 mins with all the stops.
Arrived at hotel to a busy harassed reception desk. Waited half hour before being given room allocations then told to wait again for a porter to take the bags to room. After another 40 mins asked Spiros if we could take them ourselves to room but told NO wait till I call you. But he did point out our Thos Cook Rep. When asked to help us get to ou room she shouted at us that they were very busy . We said that we were neither deaf nor stupid and would not be shouted at in this manner. She avoided us all week
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay after this poor start.
Hotel was spotless. Staff charming and hard working. ( Except Spiros at reception)
Food excellent and varied. Our room by the beach was ideal with shared pool.
Will return again soon

Room Tip: Rooms by shared pools are good for quiet sunbathing. By the beach
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank islajamie
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Very very very good hotel..!!!for the family,special ...!for the food I want to give 100 stars not 5..FANTASTIC..!!! For us,it was the most beautiful holiday..!clean and fresch everythink..
Fam.Gaj..!

Room Tip: Family room with scharing pool was the best ideea..!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
9  Thank Melissi2014
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My wife, son and I had our first family holiday abroad at Mitsis Roda Beach - and we decided to go all inclusive. Given this was our first family holiday abroad with our young son we thought it would be a good idea because it would make things like meal times a lot easier. We weren't disappointed. Upon arrival I asked the reception if they could change our room to a bigger one - it was done without fuss and free of any extra charge.

The staff couldn't have been more friendly. The catering staff in the restaurant were excellent. Service was always delivered with a smile and the choice of food - and quality - for all inclusive was to a really good standard with lots of variety. When you consider they are doing this all day, every day I was amazed they didn't let things slip - or if they did it went unnoticed. One of the ladies (Olga) took a real shine to our son and when she found out it was recently his first birthday, she bought him a small gift - a very nice touch.

There are also three speciality restaurants offering traditional Greece, Italian and Chinese food on the beach front, that you have to book but worthwhile doing so. The event staff are good fun - our son was too young for the kids club but from what I saw it looked like the kids in it where having a brilliant time. A few times a day there is crazy group dance (a mixture of staff and guests) on the bridge across the pool and whilst I didn't join in, it looked like excellent fun. There is also a whole load of classes at the pool side such as Zumba, Pilates etc that lots of people were doing.

The rooms where basic but kept very clean - and provided everything you really need.

The only real downside about the place was the lack of lifts (a slight problem with a buggy) and also that it is more remote, so if you want to venture out you would need to get a taxi (not an issue for us - as we were happy to stay on site).

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank dannydixon
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Great luxury hotel with good mix of nationalities, super clean throughout with excellent staff. Comfortable & quiet family room in main building, it had black out shutters so you never knew when it was morning! Maid service & towels daily, water only in mini bar refreshed occasionally. Balcony not very private but not really an issue for us as no need to be in room for long. We loved the food, lots of choices at main restaurant with waiter service drinks. I expected more seafood maybe its seasonal? Amazing breakfasts till 10.30am, including full fried, porridge and Euro style choices - fabulous fresh bread too. Shame the orange juice undrinkable! You can book the 3 beachfront restaurants for lunch or dinner but do it early in the week - Greek and Italian excellent, didn't try the Chinese. The standard of drinks varied around the hotel from v strong to v weak, again they need to upgrade the orange juice in cocktails! The hardworking girls at the pool bar had help yourself filled rolls, popcorn, hotdogs & ice cream if you could possibly eat any more!
Main pool great for swimmers, all 1.6m deep so I would be very wary with younger children although there is one shallow side pool with slides. Salt water not an issue and it seems great for the skin, also there are plenty of showers at pool and beach to rinse off if you wish. Beach long & thin with lots of loungers, sea very shallow and not much to see when snorkelling. Easy walk to Roda village along beach, use phone torch after dark, look out for fireflies & listen for frogs! Buy any lilos or gifts etc there as its half the price of hotel shop. Its what you make it really so relax & Have a great holiday!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
9  Thank Violet S
Reviewed June 5, 2014

If you read the reviews they do pick up the shortfalls of the hotel. The place is cut off from everywhere and the walk along the beach to the local town is not straight forward. Health and safety is not what we would expect with big drops and a lack of handrails. These matters have been flagged up in previous reviews but sadly nothing has been done to address the concerns.
Lots of the staff work hard and the place is spotless and very clean. The food is nice with a good choice but it is like a hospital canteen. Visitors are allowed to use one of the special restaurant's near the beach once during the weeks stay. there are three a chinese, Italian and a greek. We dined in the Greek and it was fabulous.
The big failing of the place is the very poor drink. We simply could not drink it and despite paying for the all inclusive stay we went along the beach to drink in the local taverna. Alexandros who amazed me when he told me his wife is from Waenfawr in North Wales close to where we live! A small world.
Back to Roda Beach. Bingo was called very loudly in 4 or 5 languages each night. The entertainment may have been designed to make you leave the premises. It was extremely noisy.
For most, I guess, folk like sitting next to the pool soaking up the sun and whilst we stayed we had reports of torrential rain back in the UK which did make me smile and enjoy the holiday. We got a car on the third day and traveled throughout the island. Corfu town is a must see and if you travel the more direct route you can be there in less than 40 minutes. I have travelled the world and can confirm these are the worst drivers I have ever come across.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Gedbet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karousades
11 mi away
Delfino Blu Boutique Hotel
Delfino Blu Boutique Hotel
#1 of 4 in Agios Stefanos
Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel

Been to Roda Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!