Myself, my partner, and my 12 and 14 year old, have just returned from a two week stay and to everyone that's asked if I've had a nice holiday, my reply has been, "yes, but I wouldn't go back".
At the beginning of the holiday (14th June) it was beautiful and I thought all the comments I had read on here were very petty. The hotel was gorgeous and immaculate, the cleaners worked all day, every day, and I even watched a cleaner cleaning all the chandeliers in the reception by hand! The food was very tasty, they're was a lot of choice and the service was great ( apart from two staff in the theatre bar that were quite miserable)
I had a few little moans which I wouldn't have mentioned if things didn't get worse throughout the holiday, such as, the "double bed" was two single beds pushed together ( not what you expect from a five star hotel) the beach bar was more like 2 star with its cheap white plastic garden chairs, and tin cafe tables, and the place where the entertainment took place on a night was very tatty and basic and definitely NOT five star entertainment. The beach bar and the entertainment place didn't bother us that much, we just stayed by the pool. The pool bar was fantastic, with two lovely friendly women that worked there.
However, by the beginning of the second week, the hotel began to get really busy. Because of this, I think, the hotel quickly went from a 5 star to a 3 star for the following reasons.... You had to be up at 6am to get a sun bed (people were bathing on towels on the stone floor and a couple even stole my bed whilst i was in the pool) the food was Luke warm and became very repetitive, and as staff were very busy, their service deteriorated.
The pool also became quite grubby, with what looked like sick floating on the top of it ( this may have been a build up of people's suntan oils, but looked like sick and wasn't attractive at all) and I also found a dirty plaster and a nicotine patch in it.
My daughter also left her mobile in the reseraunt and every day she asked if it had been handed in but it hadn't, we called it every day and it was turned off, however, the EXACT day (early hours of the morning) we left the hotel to return home, we rang it and it rang with an "abroad" ring tone and then someone hung up. Seemed strange that who ever had it didn't switch it on until the day we left. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.....
All these complaints are small and didn't ruin our holiday, however, it was annoying that we spent so much money on what was supposed to be a 4/5 star hotel, but there was so many points that were 3 star, sometimes even 2 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Roda Beach Resort & SPA is a gorgeous all-inclusive hotel located at the northeastern coast of Corfu, a few minutes walk from the village Roda. Spread out in 25 acres of beautiful gardens, it reaches its own sandy beach and the turquoise Ionian Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Bookgreece.com, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Roda Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Roda Beach Hotel Karousades
- Mitsis Roda Beach Karousades
- Roda Beach Corfu
- Roda Beach Hotel Corfu
- Roda Beach Resort & Spa Corfu, Greece