“Exactly what we were looking!”
Review of Athenea Villas

Athenea Villas
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Just come back from 'athenea Villas' near Kery lake and we had spent amazing time!! Our apartament had a sea view, very modern inside, very clean and quiet.There was a spaciousness terrace..we ate always there! perfect place to stay if you want peace and to spend romantic days with your better half! The cleaning of the apartament occurred every day! But the better thing that really impressed us, has been the friendliness showed from Athina ( the owner) She is a special person (i have never met a so kindly person with her guests) who rendered our holiday unforgettable. She supported us with the choice of the restaurants, tavernas and the place to visit. Moreover she personally helped me to organize a surprise for our anniversary...Her help has been very appreciated, most of all, when you go unknow place..her help has been as to have a private guide to discover this wonderful island. Absolutely recommended!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nicoletta a

Reviewed August 7, 2011

We just came back from our holiday spent at Athenea villas for the second time. Once again Athenea villas, her owner Athina and the cleaning lady Efi provided us with the perfect, dream holiday. Athina, who obviously has a huge talent for decoration, did absolutely a perfect job with new fences, flowers and many details she changed since our last time here. My family, my friends who came along with us and I, we enjoyed the beauty of the nature in every second, because Athenea villas have such a perfect position and a marvelous view. The owner and her help were so friendly and helpful, what can I say, we'll be back again for sure...

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank isidora016
Reviewed June 9, 2011

We have returned from Zakynthos 2 days ago, stayed it Athenea villas. We really like Zakynthos - very, very beautiful and quiet place and especially Athenea villas. The villas are very suitable for families with small kids (like our's) - quiet, with private pools for each villa (not deep and suitable for kids), the beach is approximately 6-7 minutes walking and even closer by car, the view from the villas is marvelous. Keri lake is really small village with few tavernas and shops. We spend most of our evenings at the town of Zakynthos (20 km from the villas), but alomg the way you can find many villages, which are closer, for example Laganas 6-7 km from villas (if you are interested in night life - Laganas and Tsivili are your places)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank LadyCharm
Reviewed January 22, 2011

Hello everyone! My name is Deb I am 21 years old and during my stay at Zakynthos in August 2010, Athenea Villas provided me and my friends exactly what we needed: Zakynthos' famous beaches and nightlife combined with the tranquility and comfortability of those adorable villas waiting for you at the and of the day to complete in an exceptional way your stay at the island. Me and my friends truly enjoyed the hospitality and generosity of people working there, who made sure to give you the feeling of being home even if you are away. Thank you Athenea villas people for giving me the opportunity to experience such a lovely time witch will take many many years to forget. (Not exaggerating)
P.S. This hotel should get an award by trip advisors representatives:-D Good work!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank desspinaki
Reviewed January 21, 2011

I've decided to write a few words about our experience in Athena Villas seeing that other people have commented on the hotel.

My family and I have been spending our vacations in Greece for the last ten years and, ever since we discoverd the beautiful island of Zakynthos and the incredibly charming hotel of Athena Villas five years ago, we have been returning to Athena Villas every year since and will continue to do so.

Athena Villas is simply enchanting, it's paradise in the Mediterranean. The breathtaking view of the sea in front of us with the olive tree covered hills rising up from behind us is simply stunning.

The hotel is conveniently located close to the sea so we spend time plenty of time in the beach swimming and enjoying the sun. When we feel more adventurous we take a short drive up into the mountains and visit the beautiful villages nearby for a wonderful lunch. And, when we don't feel like moving at all, we just stay in the pool and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere with the beautiful view.

The villas are well designed, beautfully decorated and very spacious. Service is wonderful - during the last five years, our villa, including the interior, the pool, and all the rooms and kitchen were cleaned on a daily basis. Sheets and towels were replaced daily. The kitchen has always been fully equipped.

In summary, we intend to return in September, and as always, we will be sad when the last day of our vacation comes up and we have to leave.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank joecherson
Reviewed September 22, 2010

I have to share a wonderful experience I had at Athenea villas this summer. This was a perfect holiday for me and my family. The location is sunning and the view is just perfect. The pool and the view offered us a possibility to go to the beach if we want to, or just stay by the pool and relax. The house was spacious, except for the shower cabin, but anyway we spent all our time in the garden and by the pool. Keri has a nice little beach with little stones on the cost and sand in the sea. We walked there because there is a shortcut from Athenea villas. Sometimes we would drive to the beautiful beaches around Vassilikos. Athina, the owner was so nice and friendly. I felt it was a privilege to enjoy the nature so beautiful without hundreds of tourists jumping on your head.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank isidora016
Reviewed June 3, 2007

We have just spent a wonderful week in Keri Lake staying at Athenea Villas. Keri Lake is one of the most beautiful places we have been to
and the people there really go out of their way to make you feel welcome. It is very laid back and typically Greek with some fantastic
tavernas and a few shops to get all the essentials, plus car hire (Pegasus car hire), boat hire and a diving school. A must-do activity
is to hire a small motor boat and travel around the coast to the Keri
caves and across to the island of Marathonisi. Spend an hour or two on the superb beach and look out for turtles on the way!

The only thing that Keri Lake is missing is a bank or ATM so make sure you take all the money you need for your trip. There is an exchange facility in the ‘tourist shop’ where, I presume, you can change travellers cheques as well as cash.

I found a useful website with great info and a map of Keri Lake facilities. The map, in particular, was really useful while we were there: [----]

Athenea villas are as fantastic as they look on the website and Athina, the owner, is as friendly and helpful as she sounds on her emails. When we arrived she took us on a tour of Keri Lake so that we could get our bearings and even took us to the supermarket to get some essentials as we didn’t have a car. The best thing about the villas is the view and the external areas – swimming pools and gardens – the worst thing is that they are just very basic; certainly no luxuries, although Athina has spent a lot of time making
them as homely as possible and she done a great job.

Car hire is a good idea although not completely necessary. There is a ‘path’ to the centre of Keri Lake which only takes about 5 minutes to walk down once you get used to it, although it takes a lot longer on the way back up as it is a rather steep hill! Make sure you wear suitable shoes and take a torch if you are coming back at night. Definitely good exercise!

All in all we would highly recommend both Athenea Villas and Keri Lake. However, one last thing that I feel I must mention … we arranged taxi transfers through [----] and the driver who picked us up told us that Athenea Villas is not licensed accommodation and therefore means that holiday insurance is not valid while staying there. Apparently if the accommodation has no sign on it with the name of it, it is a good sign the premises are not licensed. Not sure if this is true, but as Athenea Villas has no sign, it might be worth checking out – too late for us but we survived and can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family